Picola & District NW 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money well spent by the league. The rotation system would surely be safe now so all clubs and communities can benefit. So if clubs have even say its $2k in legals deducted from their dividend this year it may come back ten fold in funding down the track for their facilities or even to their local businesses on granny day! Yay!!!!

Perhaps Mathaz can be the first club to introduce a grand final breakfast with proceeds to say a local hospital or whatever beneficiary is decided.

Now onto last couple weeks of finals.

I'm gunna tip Strathy by 4 goals this week but it will be a hard fought game but I expect Strathy to come home in the final quarter.

A couple of quotes from todays 5 page coverage at the front of the riverine herald. The articles are written by Trent Horneman who is believed to have travelled in a mini bus with Mathoura and Murray Shire Mayor to the magistrates courts.
Mr Maxsted was the magistrate who spoke briefly to both parties on the matter.
Mr Maxsted warned the club's legal team that any interim order made might not be beneficial.
He said he had to consider the importance of public safety against the benefit to the community .
While lawyers for Mathoura pointed out the insurers had backed the use of padding to mitigate the risk to injury, Mr Maxsted was not satisified.
" In these contemporary times where people are particularly litigious, this measure is like mopping up blood from the operating flood when we should be looking for anti-biotics", he said.
Mayor Tom Weyrich
"The poles will be removed at a later date, but we do have some options in terms of payment."
" Part of the affidavit we received from the lead this morning cleared up some of those issues which we had not known about till now ",he said
I assume lead is meant to be league .

So after probably $40k being spent of legal fees the poles get removed at no cost to the league, a full independent safety audit is to be done and everything raised in that audit must be addressed and if done MFNC get the 2015 grand final.
Amazing to think that a offer to remove the posts, at the cost of the league , was rejected as was the offer to hold the 2015 GF . Prior to almost all of the legal costs being incurred and seemingly admission that the proceedings were commenced without full knowledge of the whole matter.
League boss Shane Railton was tight -lipped leaving the court, saying the league would issue a press release today.

A couple of quotes from todays 5 page coverage at the front of the riverine herald. The articles are written by Trent Horneman who is believed to have travelled in a mini bus with Mathoura and Murray Shire Mayor to the magistrates courts.
Mr Maxsted was the magistrate who spoke briefly to both parties on the matter.

Mayor Tom Weyrich

So after probably $40k being spent of legal fees the poles get removed at no cost to the league, a full independent safety audit is to be done and everything raised in that audit must be addressed and if done MFNC get the 2015 grand final.
Amazing to think that a offer to remove the posts, at the cost of the league , was rejected as was the offer to hold the 2015 GF . Prior to almost all of the legal costs being incurred and seemingly admission that the proceedings were commenced without full knowledge of the whole matter.

Who fits the $40K bill? Mathoura FC or the shire ?? It amazes me where everything is going if things come to this. Its country footy people. Anyway case closed, Yarroweyah this year, Mathoura next year. Im just happy that given ill be another year older next year I wont have to travel as far to play in the GF compared to this year.......

Who fits the $40K bill? Mathoura FC or the shire ?? It amazes me where everything is going if things come to this. Its country footy people. Anyway case closed, Yarroweyah this year, Mathoura next year. Im just happy that given ill be another year older next year I wont have to travel as far to play in the GF compared to this year.......

The shire foots the bill for their side of the action. They could have moved the posts for that and we would have had no issue and no drama. Don't think we will have this problem again hopefully.
Mac you either rotate them and fix issues as you go or be like every other league and pick one venue.

Whether it's country footy or not we live in a litigious society the league has responsibility to choose best options to minimise the risk.

How about we say it's country footy people why pay players so much??

The shire foots the bill for their side of the action. They could have moved the posts for that and we would have had no issue and no drama. Don't think we will have this problem again hopefully.
Mac you either rotate them and fix issues as you go or be like every other league and pick one venue.

Whether it's country footy or not we live in a litigious society the league has responsibility to choose best options to minimise the risk.

How about we say it's country footy people why pay players so much??

WILTY I think you misunderstood my point. I meant "Its country football why are we in a court room". I agree fully that we should be setting a standard with our facilities and grow the league.
I like the rotational policy, great for everyone.

Where do you get your information from??
Seriously $40K unlikely.
Fabricated rubbish.
The Mayor drove his own car as did Trent.
Maybe get facts right before posting in social media

Every club , all 17 , will share in the costs incurred by the league expected to be in access of $20,000. It is not uncommon that the defendants costs are the lesser of the two parties involved .

Every club , all 17 , will share in the costs incurred by the league expected to be in access of $20,000. It is not uncommon that the defendants costs are the lesser of the two parties involved .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you get technical about this it was never raised with any board members, it's not in the clubs minutes and as you are well aware nothing on paper means invalid. Any way enough of the crap Mathoura have got what they wanted and that's not to hold the grand final in 9 yrs time and it's actually worked better for all parties MSC MFNC and PDFNL end of story move on.

If you get technical about this it was never raised with any board members, it's not in the clubs minutes and as you are well aware nothing on paper means invalid. Any way enough of the crap Mathoura have got what they wanted and that's not to hold the grand final in 9 yrs time and it's actually worked better for all parties MSC MFNC and PDFNL end of story move on.
Are you taking within your club minutes ?? Because it was most certainly contained within 4 league meeting minutes , / of which the situation was the sole business .

Stop being a keyboard warrior . No one set out to wreak Mathoura , in fact I can assure the leagues position on all matters relative to this issue were unanimous and from memory all actions were moved by different board members and none were by ex Mathoura players .
The two biggest issues in this whole matter is that the previous board and the current board don't appear to have had a great transition and a somewhat fragmented council meaning some are chasing votes .
Fwiw , I think both ,2013 and 2014 MFNC boards were very good . The problem is the 2013 board and the 2014 board has had no transition and the 2014 board had no idea of prior arrangements made between the 2013 board and the league . It is not the PDFNL boards role to establish who is to blame for this .
Stop blaming others and start looking at how it can be avoided in future .
If you want to threaten people grow some balls and do it to their face .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back