Picola & District SE 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argument from People on here regarding this situation is playing into the AFLGM hands. AFLGM reads these post

I have heard that AFLGM called the junior bushrangers which 24 hours of the split. That does not look good in AFLGM.

I do wish Shane Railton and the PDFL. I want them to work al but the PDFL clubs and fans need to stick together and support the league. not to internal combust the Greatest preforming league of the past couple of years in the Goulburn Murray Football district. AFLGM want you to infight

the best of families fight and when “mum” steps in and says enough think of the big picture not the little ones then
Hopefully the message gets through that was my intent.

Don’t worry a press release is coming soon that should unite the masses and smack a few misbehaving men where it hurts. Let’s see them scramble to save face with what’s heading their way.

The fact that it is common knowledge that aFLGM want to unravel its best performing league says it all doesn’t it. That our claims of bullying and harassment are justified. That the pr spin that they want to do what’s right for communities and football is just lies they just want to protect their jobs and have complete control and will stop at nothing including telling players to leave their home club.
Wow just wow so much for rewarding clubs that develop their own.

Bullies the whole darn lot! Given the current climate where our youth are subjected to bullying the likes never scene before it’s wonderful that our governing body AFLGM leads by such a Stirling example. Your judgement day beckons Martin I assure you it’s just around the corner.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/...ay-leagues-dig-in-on-footy-admin-deals/?cs=48
MFL and O&M in the same position as the PDFNL were before AFLGM refused to meet and put a deadline in place ?
Hope there has been a lesson learnt that heavy handed tactics won't work .
My understanding is that all 3 had similar issues with the agreement.

How come these leagues have more time to sign the affiliation agreement than Picola League did? Don’t we all have the same timelines to follow?

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/...ay-leagues-dig-in-on-footy-admin-deals/?cs=48
MFL and O&M in the same position as the PDFNL were before AFLGM refused to meet and put a deadline in place ?
Hope there has been a lesson learnt that heavy handed tactics won't work .
My understanding is that all 3 had similar issues with the agreement.

Why are MFL being allowed to negotiate affliation without the need to hand over administration - isn't that what PDFNL's issue was - surely they are only delaying the issue 12 months if this goes through as wasn't it stated that AFL Vic want all leagues administered by RAC by the end of 2018/start of 2019?

Any update on the Bendigo League position - are they still looking at withdrawing from their RAC?

Interesting talk around the rooms after training last night in regards to one clubs dissatisfaction with the current senario. The suggestion was made if they have such on going issues with PDFNL and their board and management - then maybe the league should let them go and even up the number of teams between each side of the league - invite Strathmerton to move to the SE along with either Yarroweyah or Picola and pop Rennie in the NW as that would better reflect the geographic locations and communities of interest for the clubs. It was discussed that Yarroweyah may struggle in the SE as they appear to struggle in the NW but they are meant to be in a major rebuilding/resurrection phase and prior to winning the flag last year Rennie was in the same boat and it was only the points dispensation that allowed them to reach that pinnacle.

Now that the league has true autonomy then they could also have a serious look at utilising the current split league to introduce a promotion/relegation system - a lady at work was putting forward a proposal on this where the placings of all a clubs teams (netball and football) were used to determine a type of club championship/placing to use for this - it made good sense they way she described it as it emcompasses the fact we are all Football Netball clubs and acknowledging juniors in the club points would strengthen clubs top to bottom - maybe with slight weighting on senior side? The point allocated would be the inverse of ladder placings from the home and away season

Interesting talk around the rooms after training last night in regards to one clubs dissatisfaction with the current senario. The suggestion was made if they have such on going issues with PDFNL and their board and management - then maybe the league should let them go and even up the number of teams between each side of the league - invite Strathmerton to move to the SE along with either Yarroweyah or Picola and pop Rennie in the NW as that would better reflect the geographic locations and communities of interest for the clubs. It was discussed that Yarroweyah may struggle in the SE as they appear to struggle in the NW but they are meant to be in a major rebuilding/resurrection phase and prior to winning the flag last year Rennie was in the same boat and it was only the points dispensation that allowed them to reach that pinnacle.

Now that the league has true autonomy then they could also have a serious look at utilising the current split league to introduce a promotion/relegation system - a lady at work was putting forward a proposal on this where the placings of all a clubs teams (netball and football) were used to determine a type of club championship/placing to use for this - it made good sense they way she described it as it emcompasses the fact we are all Football Netball clubs and acknowledging juniors in the club points would strengthen clubs top to bottom - maybe with slight weighting on senior side? The point allocated would be the inverse of ladder placings from the home and away season

It’s been a few years since the split wouldn’t hurt to review. But in fairness to our board and what they have had to endure the last few years which I hope you see has been nothing short of bullying and harassment that we give them some breathing space.
But talk between clubs is great it’s how the split happened in the first place.
I’m a little concerned with basin plan impacts if we lose more water ,and I say if not trying to scare anyone, from the region so clubs being proactive and talking different scenarios is great in my opinion.

Why are MFL being allowed to negotiate affliation without the need to hand over administration - isn't that what PDFNL's issue was - surely they are only delaying the issue 12 months if this goes through as wasn't it stated that AFL Vic want all leagues administered by RAC by the end of 2018/start of 2019?

Any update on the Bendigo League position - are they still looking at withdrawing from their RAC?

My understanding is that there is an affiliation agreement and then there is RAC agreements so this year you can elect to just affiliate like we did last year and not be administered by them. But I’m not sure what’s in the affiliation agreement this year as too many well run leagues are not happy with it.
You’re right everyone must be administered by RAC by end 2019.
our board has been proactive and got the necessities in place just in case AFLGM took out the big stick again and we are ready to roll on our own now so bring on freedom!
I’m sorry if you got caught in some crossfire from me I knew the war with AFLGM was coming. I will fight hard to ensure clubs retain the ability to determine their own future it’s what makes the game have soul and our league truly work well as a team even if we have a few family spats here and there.

It’s been a few years since the split wouldn’t hurt to review. But in fairness to our board and what they have had to endure the last few years which I hope you see has been nothing short of bullying and harassment that we give them some breathing space.
But talk between clubs is great it’s how the split happened in the first place.
I’m a little concerned with basin plan impacts if we lose more water ,and I say if not trying to scare anyone, from the region so clubs being proactive and talking different scenarios is great in my opinion.

Did a club do a radio interview this morning saying they were leaving? If so then surely the resulting in balance between divisions would have to be addressed in a revised fixture?

The question about promotion/relegation was a not now but think about going forward type scenario.

Your comment regarding water demonstrates how footy/netball clubs in the country are about so much more than sport and $$ - even those in the larger local leagues as well as the city regulators probably don't understand or truely appreciate the support role such clubs play to their communities. Especially in hard times, the way they 'keep an eye out' for their friends and neighbours

Did a club do a radio interview this morning saying they were leaving? If so then surely the resulting in balance between divisions would have to be addressed in a revised fixture?

The question about promotion/relegation was a not now but think about going forward type scenario.

Your comment regarding water demonstrates how footy/netball clubs in the country are about so much more than sport and $$ - even those in the larger local leagues as well as the city regulators probably don't understand or truely appreciate the support role such clubs play to their communities. Especially in hard times, the way they 'keep an eye out' for their friends and neighbours
As is always the case in a diplomatic society or organisation, especially where boards are elected by their members , clubs have the right to bring something to the table to be discussed and considered .

Good to see Sam Wright sticking true to his roots. North Melbourne have a players podcast which Sam is involved in and has his own segment. In that he rips in the AFL regarding the Picola League and how it would ruin clubs. Well worth a listen. (It is about 35mins into a 42min podcast though)

Good to see Sam Wright sticking true to his roots. North Melbourne have a players podcast which Sam is involved in and has his own segment. In that he rips in the AFL regarding the Picola League and how it would ruin clubs. Well worth a listen. (It is about 35mins into a 42min podcast though)

Am I allowed to admit that made me cry just a bit? Happy tears!!
Right there is exactly what everyone is fighting for autonomy and ownership which means it has your heart and soul. If you can’t feel Sam Wright’s emotion in that then you obviously work AFLvic or AFLGM who in my opinion are a bunch of career driven personal ego driven bunch of twits and with their leadership the game will become a nothingness void. Yeah I’m feeling dramatic but it’s true.
Thank God for Sam speaking up for our league his league and doing so with such soul.
Katamatite and the league can be darn proud if that’s the type of character we produce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's hoping the pdfnl board and the club presidents can all see common sense and reach an amicable outcome over the next couple of days and we don't find the league split up into factions - strength is in unity - then maybe later some accountability can be investigated.

Here's hoping the pdfnl board and the club presidents can all see common sense and reach an amicable outcome over the next couple of days and we don't find the league split up into factions - strength is in unity - then maybe later some accountability can be investigated.

Investigate who? AFLGM ? Martin Gleeson?
Martin needs investigating thing is there is this mighty big thing called the boys club of AFLvic YOU may be aware of it perhaps but getting action against any of “the boys” won’t happen they are a law unto themselves!!

Martin needs a public lashing with full details of what he has done especially how he regards our community members. That day will happen when the time is right!

Hearing there has been a backflip on the backflip, which has some leagues fuming.

surely not?? It would have to be something to do with $$ maybe sponsorship deals?? Why totally blow any goodwill between parties otherwise??

Is it possible that AFLvic have sold sponsorship deals on the back of the ultimatum to leagues that they have to join their RAC ?? I don’t know seems only reason you’d back flip if sponsors got angry that some leagues may not be in the RAC by 2019 afterall?? If true then does it open them to speculation that the ultimatum was done for a sponsorship deal??? So O&M are onto something when they are concerned about there own sponsors?

I do know when I had a stoush with an AFLGM commissioner a few years ago and I asked what the benefits of the hub were sponsorship was his first answer.

Now for some increased sponsorship might be great but I don’t think pdfnl clubs will see the benefits. Let’s just look at Auskick it has the NAB branding all over it probably one of the most known partnerships yet who runs our local auskicks how much do the mums and dads pay for it?? Now I see adverts from the aFL that Auskick is now more affordable because you can claim the $100 government rebate!!!!! So first question is where is the NAB massive $$ going and why should it even qualify to have govt funding when it has such a lucrative deal from a corporate giant??

This is looking more and more like a Corporate hostile takeover in my opinion.

This concept that for collaboration purposes all leagues must be under one banner is a load of bull. Collaboration is when two or more organisations work together to achieve a goal, no reason whatsoever that can’t be done with leagues having autonomy.

Last edited:
excert from article stating pdfnl decision to not affiliate
"Picola league president Denis Brooks said the new agreement required the league to use different umpires to those the league had “already committed to”, and also to commit to an independent comparison of the league’s administration model against AFL Goulburn Murray’s."

We are constantly being told how marvelous the admin etc are of the PDFNL - why the reluctance to do this - wouldn't it provide the opportunity to show how and why PDFNL are so profitable and successful - let AFL GM learn from you if you believe you are truely in the right

"Picola league president Denis Brooks said the new agreement required the league to use different umpires to those the league had “already committed to”, and also to commit to an independent comparison of the league’s administration model against AFL Goulburn Murray’s."

We are constantly being told how marvelous the admin etc are of the PDFNL - why the reluctance to do this - wouldn't it provide the opportunity to show how and why PDFNL are so profitable and successful - let AFL GM learn from you if you believe you are truely in the right

Do I need to spell this out for you?? Why would any successful business hand over their model to an organisation who will undoubtedly use it and claim credit and then try and use it to take over your already successful business. You would be out of your mind to do such a thing.

Facts are the League IS profitable and successful there is no disputing that fact.

Facts are AFLGM isn’t returning profits for the leagues it does administer it is up to them to prove their worth not try and pinch our ideas.

I have very good reasons for never wanting Martin Gleeson getting any credit for pdfnl success. He has no regard for the people of our community and I can Back this up with facts. He needs to go as there will never be goodwill between these parties because I will never ever let that happen. I will scream from the rooftops if I have to.

You spit on our members at a time of need and then deliberately hurt our kids with those phone calls and I will personally make you pay. Don’t think for a moment that I won’t.

Do I need to spell this out for you?? Why would any successful business hand over their model to an organisation who will undoubtedly use it and claim credit and then try and use it to take over your already successful business. You would be out of your mind to do such a thing.

Facts are the League IS profitable and successful there is no disputing that fact.

Facts are AFLGM isn’t returning profits for the leagues it does administer it is up to them to prove their worth not try and pinch our ideas.

Why - two main reasons

1 - as the article states 'independent review'
2 - and most importantly - for the good of ALL country football - and isn't that what you have alway said is your primary motive and what you are prepared to yell and scream from the rooftops??

For other leagues struggling and seeing no option but to comply with takeover and mergers, surely seeing how a successful league manages to be successful would be of great benefit to them - and being open and transparent would be a grand demonstration of faith and lack of small town small mindedness.
It would demonstrate to the doubters that all the fuss isn't about two blokes trying to see who will flinch first - as that is the talk on the streets and around clubs - Gleeson v Railton - who is going to outlast who?
You care for the kids and importance of local clubs and communities - but honestly, not all share your motives unfortunately.

Why would the PDNFL agree to that ?
AFL GM who administer neighboring comps and therefore is in direct competition is wanting to see what its competitors are doing.
The same AFL GM who has shown in the past they will go to media and anyone else who will listen with their fabricated stories /slant on things.
Money buys any story just ask members of the old GVFL board or majority of other leagues around the state.

Why - two main reasons

1 - as the article states 'independent review'
2 - and most importantly - for the good of ALL country football - and isn't that what you have alway said is your primary motive and what you are prepared to yell and scream from the rooftops??

For other leagues struggling and seeing no option but to comply with takeover and mergers, surely seeing how a successful league manages to be successful would be of great benefit to them - and being open and transparent would be a grand demonstration of faith and lack of small town small mindedness.
It would demonstrate to the doubters that all the fuss isn't about two blokes trying to see who will flinch first - as that is the talk on the streets and around clubs - Gleeson v Railton - who is going to outlast who?
You care for the kids and importance of local clubs and communities - but honestly, not all share your motives unfortunately.

Gleeson is well protected by the boys club as he had done nothing to warrant his job. He has deliberately been a divisive leader and if he didn’t have his “mates” protection he really should be sacked.

Doubters can doubt but they should simply compare pdfnl results with GVFL results to see who knows how to
spin a very good yarn and little else. Hint: GVFL money flying out the door!! If other leagues want to know how we do it then it’s easy join under us. In a collaborative fashion with no one being owned where we jointly decide what services to collaborate on but still owning our soul.

AFLvic and AFLGM have done a great job of scaring people and some do wear rose coloured glasses when they hear AFL but peel back layers and there is nothing tangible they offer.

I’m glad you admit others don’t care for communities and local clubs as that is the crux of the issue and is definately where Gleeson sits and maybe that is where the split will crack those that do care and then the corporate mindset.

Pdfnl is a family league, community and family is what we are about!! This is not about two blokes at all, although I bet AFLGM is trying to argue that. This is about how we want our league to be as it has been for decades OURS and one that does care!!

IN a nutshell if it takes the knowledge of pdfnl to be given for the good of all then the answer is simple the PDFNL management team take over at the very least all of AFLGM then we will get things moving. Why give no knowledge Gleeson something for free sack him and put in a proven management team.

Problem solved!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back