Picola & District South East 2011 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's getting closer to the start so let's see what peoples thoughts are on who will win the flag, comp medal and leading goal kicker. Bit of fun

The news getting better for tunga with the possible recruit of ex yarrawonga/cobram and current la trobe player alex Ross. Big body with super mitts and agility. Will add some extra fire power up forward.

haha yeh nutta the little blond kid has been to a few runs but work/ cant be bothered gets in the way a bit but im sure he will be primed come round 1 as the team will be!! As for your camoe the group did notice at the first sign of a bit of wind and rain and coming to the conclusion that your skills will suffer we noticed you done the bolt!! some one in the group brought up and we have decided that you have changed and we are not sure who you are anymore:cool::cool::cool::confused::confused::confused: as for ya mate finding a drink partner i think thats the easy part its just finding that emotional and physical attraction that he had with you?? cook,s looks just don,t cut it!!:mad:

Nutta, I was absolutely frazzled when Wash knocked back the offering of a tinnie, it was duly noted by some of the committee members that were standing there, also in amazement. Wouldn't have happened in the good ole days, i heard them say. They're worried about what effect this attitude to the after training culture will have on team morale. However, you'll be happy to hear that I'm slowly working on our protege' to fill the void on the nights when you're at home trying to win Father of the Year. I need his "adrenaline" to mature quickly though, because if the mrs clicks on to the fact I'm getting home a bit earlier, the old "that's how long training goes for" excuse won't have much weight too it anymore.

As for Cooky, bumped into him at the shops last night, with his red-headed mate. I won't hang my hat on him being at training every night, especially with what's in store for preseason for the next few weeks.:eek:

Can anyone access the PDFL clearances page? It appears the link has been moved/closed.
------------------
This 3rd year of the split looks to again be a very even one. Although I do worry for Katamatite and Katunga as they appear to have dropped away. Before the split Katunga were building some great momentum, but this appears to have eroded whilst their near-neighbours in Strathmerton and Yarroweyah have prospered.

Waaia appears to be back up and in the mix with some potent signings, and whilst didn't win many games in 2010, they were usually within 3 or 4 kicks of all sides.

Now available .

I see TJ has put in for a clearance to Strathy in NW comp. He would be a big loss for Tunga as he gave them some real spark and speed through the middle over the past few years. Good luck to him as I reckon he is a good little fella and plays the game in the right spirit.
I also see Minogue on the move from Kat land. He is one of their better movers and goal scorers so no doubt they will miss him in the middle & up fwd.
Whilst on clearances, I see groochy gledhill has applied to bail on Katty as well with flanagan, wild (you would say wont be there), D.Bye & Gardner. Geez that'll put the squeeze on the rest of the side as these blokes were really the main ball winning & scoring options for them last year. She might be a lean year over at the boosey.
Any other news - bit quiet on the Eagles front! By the looks of the papers, young Gert might follow the sun and hook up with the ol bowling world tour. In some good form of late!
Any chance that Karjam might make an appearance for the praccy matches!:D

I also see Minogue on the move from Kat land. He is one of their better movers and goal scorers so no doubt they will miss him in the middle & up fwd.

Yeah Bubbles has joined former Kats, Brent & Andrew Riordan and Brendan & Justin Ross at Grovedale in the Geelong League. He will be missed as as you stated he was one of our prime movers. He has, like the others, moved off to Geelong for study and will be back home before too long.

Training going well at the moment under new mentor, Dan O'Reilly. Good numbers on the track and a few new faces. Grant McLarty will be on the park this year. And the return of the PDFL's favourite number 8 is a possibility! :D

And the return of the PDFL's favourite number 8 is a possibility! :D[/quote]
Geeting the chance to bowl him over again is nearly enough reason to come out of retirement:thumbsu:;)

And the return of the PDFL's favourite number 8 is a possibility! :D
Geeting the chance to bowl him over again is nearly enough reason to come out of retirement:thumbsu:;)[/QUOTE]

Hey Nutta.... your sitting on 98 games.... come on 2 more will do you, one against Katandra.... HA HA

Clearance site puts to rest many of the rumours of the summer.

Katamatite look to have some hefty losses in Danny Bye, Flanagan, Gardner, Ady Pendlebury, Luke Tillman and Daniel Gledhill who all played Senior footy last year. Adding to that the uncertainty around Wild.

They'd want to land a few new faces and keep their 3rds kids together.

It looks like Hume league club Billabong Crows have made a fair raid on the PDFL for this season.
Can anyone tell me about these blokes and whether the Crows have done alright or not?

PDFNL Billabong Crows Evans, Josh Pending 23/02/11
PDFNL Billabong Crows Glanvill, Craig Pending 26/02/11
PDFNL Billabong Crows Johnstone, Kyle Approved 23/02/11 25/02/11
PDFNL Billabong Crows Luci, John Approved 16/02/11 18/02/11
PDFNL Billabong Crows May, Bernard Approved 23/02/11 23/02/11
PDFNL Billabong Crows May, Gregory Approved 26/02/11 27/02/11
PDFNL Billabong Crows May, Patrick Approved 23/02/11 23/02/11
PDFNL Billabong Crows Skolyarev, Chris Pending 23/02/11
PDFNL Billabong Crows Sweeney, Adam Approved 16/02/11 18/02/11

Well its start of march which means practice matches will be starting up very soon!! Is everyone,s recruiting done?? shepp east head to yarra for a camp and an intra club and a few quiet pots this w,end followed by a game againt murchison on 12th at ardmona and then undera at shepp east on the 19th of march!! its very exciting to get into it again and there should be some blockbuster games early on as im sure most clubs are fit from strong pre seasons!!:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Katunga played Tatura reserves and thirds on the weekend, at Katunga. First half was fairley even then Tat kicked away to win by about 10 goals, Katunga lost some players to a bucks party, but have abit to work with in 2011, Douglas brothers and Howden played well.

Can someone tell me who rennie have for there practice matches and where there played at and dates?

Rennie play CDHBU at Rennie on the 12th of March for the Highly contested Peter Murphy Cup. They also play Moyhu at Moyhu on the 19th and then at home against Nathalia on the 26th. Go Hoppers!!

Well its start of march which means practice matches will be starting up very soon!! Is everyone,s recruiting done?? shepp east head to yarra for a camp and an intra club and a few quiet pots this w,end followed by a game againt murchison on 12th at ardmona and then undera at shepp east on the 19th of march!! its very exciting to get into it again and there should be some blockbuster games early on as im sure most clubs are fit from strong pre seasons!!:thumbsu:
tunga have a praccy this w/e vs albion vale or somethin barooga next wednesday and greta on the friday i think and wash might see ya out for a beer

shepp east head to yarra for a camp and an intra club and a few quiet pots this w,end

Make sure the boys leave their phones at home otherwise the Eagles could end up with the ol nude photo scandal knowing that a few of the boys like to get the gear off after a few froffies!:D I'm sure there will be lady-type low carb beers getting around seeing it is a "training camp"

I heard there was a few positional changes in the intra club the other night. Can we expect the Eagles line up to be mixed up a bit this year with backs going forward and forwards going back? Must be careful playing with something that aint broke! Best defensive unit last year in the comp lead by Cap't courageous. Whatever the coaching staff do, it is imperitive that he stays in the back half. He is the glue back there. I heard J.Palmy is half keen on getting back there for a while seeing he has never ventured outside the goal square - just to see what its like!

What are your movements ark? Keen to suit up in the Eagles colours this year? You can support Frosty back there where real men play:eek:

Na mate staying put for another year. id be no good back there anyway, frostys been telling me its a one man show and has been for the last 7 years.

Apparently there was a kick out display on Sat arvo up at Rennie reserve reminiscent of Rod "the tilt" Carter back in his Sydney Swans days. (Google him you young blokes coz he was the man) Success rate of 1:10 they tell me. Looks like there might still be room in the nest for a couple of ol' timers yet! Besty might have to get No. 12 up the ground in order to keep him away from the kick ins!:eek:
All seriousnees, how did everyones hit outs go - any injuries, stand outs,laughable displays?
Did anyone get a load of how tall Deakins goal posts are? Ridiculous!

Apparently there was a kick out display on Sat arvo up at Rennie reserve reminiscent of Rod "the tilt" Carter back in his Sydney Swans days. (Google him you young blokes coz he was the man) Success rate of 1:10 they tell me. Looks like there might still be room in the nest for a couple of ol' timers yet! Besty might have to get No. 12 up the ground in order to keep him away from the kick ins!:eek:
All seriousnees, how did everyones hit outs go - any injuries, stand outs,laughable displays?

Not guna be much positions left on the ground soon 4 frosty 2 play in? Seems all spots are wearing thin of him?? :D:D

Yeah had a kick at deakin last nite, goal posts are way to big, makes the ground look smaller imo!! But i guess they're doin whatever they can 2 get it more afl pre season friendly??

Hey Nutta... it looks like the Jam Man will be doin the kickins... spotting up targets on the wing... HA HA or Big Larf might get the gig... you never know Nutta...

Heard that Steve Pugh from Waaia may be chasing offers from many bendigo football league clubs, has got himself ultra fit and if stays at Waaia may be one of the top 5 players in the comp this year, the kid has some serious talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back