Picola & District South East 2011 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tips for the w,end

rennie by 29 points ( mangan looking ominious)
katunga by 4 points ( full list certainly helps)
shepp east by 17 points ( will not let it slip again)
katandra by 65 points ( will the un committed players get back in)

hangen mangan just starting to really warm up.. the inspirational duck man will run through anyone who gets in the way of him getting his boys to the big dance in september where he does his finest work, LOOK OUT! :thumbsu: get around him rennie boys!!!

hangen mangan just starting to really warm up.. the inspirational duck man will run through anyone who gets in the way of him getting his boys to the big dance in september where he does his finest work, LOOK OUT! :thumbsu: get around him rennie boys!!!

Your getting abit excited there Logitech, you sure you dont need some quality time with a box of tissues in a room on your own?? (If you unda?):eek:
But i can tell you he's not the only player in the league that wants to take his side to the last game in september BUT if he starts running through people he may not get the chance to see any action in september!! Cheers

I agree, The big Mango loves running the straight line and bowling a few over, however I saw first hand the ol' raised elbow (and I don't think he was gunna "slap my elbow" ala S.Mouse) and caused him to miss a week earlier in the year. So as long as he keeps them down, theres no worries and he can shift a few off the ball, but now needs to be careful so he is not watching his hoppers go round.
Another point for discussion, surely those at Kat land have had enough of their coach being quoted in the local rag as "uncommitted" and not willing to put the work in. I think it was OK to mention it so that the league would get the gist that he won't cop that type of attitude, but fair dinkum, 3 weeks of Katandra coach babbling on about their level of committment is a bit much. It doesn't send good messages. It may be a case of the paper running with it, but I would think they need a couple of good results to keep moving forward. I for one don't mind seeing the Kats self implode, but I think for the greater of the comp, when Katandra are up & about it makes for a a more interesting time come finals. BTW I reckon he did the right thing dropping those blokes, but keep it in house - old school!!!:thumbsu:
Hopefully a couple of big ins for the Eagles this week who will need to be at their best to take down the bombers at Central Park this week. Hopefully the frigid conditions stay away and we see a cracker of a battle with Eagles prevailing by a couple (points or goals - doesn't really matter as long as they get the chocolates!!) Can't wait to see Collo & Oz go head to head.

do you blokes play contact or touch footy? if you think mango is a dirty player and would bust through packs in a 'cheap manner' you are kidding yourself, he just an old school footballer who loves getting in and under! If you dont like the treatment you get if you stand infront of a big bloke, get out of the way i say

do you blokes play contact or touch footy? if you think mango is a dirty player and would bust through packs in a 'cheap manner' you are kidding yourself, he just an old school footballer who loves getting in and under! If you dont like the treatment you get if you stand infront of a big bloke, get out of the way i say

Contact all the way mate, i think the point's that were getting made were that if he wants to do whateva he can to get u boys into the finals & beyond that he & anyone else for that matter that wants to lead by example for their side have to crash packs in the right way so that their not watching from the sideline with no way of helping decide the outcome!! That is all, i like most still love whateva chance we get to play old school hard & tuff crash & bash footy, just gotta be careful with the umps these days! Some let it go & some will drag u over that coles for sneezing!! Good luck for the remainder of the year:thumbsu:

Contact all the way mate, i think the point's that were getting made were that if he wants to do whateva he can to get u boys into the finals & beyond that he & anyone else for that matter that wants to lead by example for their side have to crash packs in the right way so that their not watching from the sideline with no way of helping decide the outcome!! That is all, i like most still love whateva chance we get to play old school hard & tuff crash & bash footy, just gotta be careful with the umps these days! Some let it go & some will drag u over that coles for sneezing!! Good luck for the remainder of the year:thumbsu:

My sentiments exactly!!

Can't wait to get out tomoz and see the PDFL legend Neil the Squel go around for his beloved bombers. A gem to country footy. Maybe I'll be able to return fire with a little over the fence commentary as he has done to my good self in years gone past:D!

Good to see Crash test dummy Ansley make a return in the ones. If only the other brothers had he's healing power. :eek:

Heard on the grapevine that Tom Dickins broke his leg on Sat. Can someone please confirm. I hope for his sake it wasn't the same one he broke severley a few years back. Terrible news as he is a great bloke and super team man for the Dooks. Get well soon Chiko:thumbsu:

Saw a real fierce contest b/n the Eagles and the Bombers on Sat. Thought the physical pressure on both sides was as high as I've seen in our time in the league. Everyone having a real crack so credit to both sides. Had to disappear for some time after 1/2 time, which saw the eagles pull away. I reckon Besty & his charges would be pretty happy with their form of late.Another super challenge awaits up at Hopper land this week. Can anyone confirm the ground condition up there as the past few years it has been a bit ordinary (when we played there anyway)

Geez the Swans are up and about. A defeat I think Dookie could well have done without. Possies 2 to 6 is tightening up.

Pity the tiges couldn't get up for the chicken man this week in his milestone. Katandra don't seem to have a sense of occasion - ha ha:thumbsu:

Heard on the grapevine that Tom Dickins broke his leg on Sat. Can someone please confirm. I hope for his sake it wasn't the same one he broke severley a few years back. Terrible news as he is a great bloke and super team man for the Dooks. Get well soon Chiko:thumbsu:

Saw a real fierce contest b/n the Eagles and the Bombers on Sat. Thought the physical pressure on both sides was as high as I've seen in our time in the league. Everyone having a real crack so credit to both sides. Had to disappear for some time after 1/2 time, which saw the eagles pull away. I reckon Besty & his charges would be pretty happy with their form of late.Another super challenge awaits up at Hopper land this week. Can anyone confirm the ground condition up there as the past few years it has been a bit ordinary (when we played there anyway)

Geez the Swans are up and about. A defeat I think Dookie could well have done without. Possies 2 to 6 is tightening up.

Pity the tiges couldn't get up for the chicken man this week in his milestone. Katandra don't seem to have a sense of occasion - ha ha:thumbsu:

Yep, Tom Dickins has badly broken leg after a clash late in the match, had surgery yesterday.

Big game at Rennie tomorrow against the Eagles.... will be a good indication of where both sides are at.... will be some good matchups.... can we hold their powerful forwards in Strawhorn and Mangan, who will win the midfield battles.... should be a good game.... not sure if Rennie is at full strength, the eagles still missing a few.... will be an intersting contest....

Big game at Rennie tomorrow against the Eagles.... will be a good indication of where both sides are at.... will be some good matchups.... can we hold their powerful forwards in Strawhorn and Mangan, who will win the midfield battles.... should be a good game.... not sure if Rennie is at full strength, the eagles still missing a few.... will be an intersting contest....

Sure was a good contest karjam and the way rennie jumped out of the blocks it looked all doom and gloom early and the rennie boys certainly let us no with a few sledging comments but all in good fun and in the 2nd qtr we got our first hands on the ball and our good players started playing better and with big dizzy holdin big mangan and karolidis holdin strawhorn (few kilo,s with them boys standin each other ha) we started to get on top and come away with a good win. Frappel is hitting medal form again and dallas crowe is startin to become a star in the side!!! Rennie ill go deep in the finals i would think but they wouldnt be thinking that the big grounds they might play on will help the with such big bodies but who knows, hard to believe there,s only 6 games to go:cool:

Sure was a good contest karjam and the way rennie jumped out of the blocks it looked all doom and gloom early and the rennie boys certainly let us no with a few sledging comments but all in good fun and in the 2nd qtr we got our first hands on the ball and our good players started playing better and with big dizzy holdin big mangan and karolidis holdin strawhorn (few kilo,s with them boys standin each other ha) we started to get on top and come away with a good win. Frappel is hitting medal form again and dallas crowe is startin to become a star in the side!!! Rennie ill go deep in the finals i would think but they wouldnt be thinking that the big grounds they might play on will help the with such big bodies but who knows, hard to believe there,s only 6 games to go:cool:

Well u's have really stamped ur authority again in that league there wash!!! 2 massive wins over the last 2 weeks over potenial Grand Final opponents, also good to see u's are getting an even spread of good players leading into the pointy end!!! :thumbsu:

Well u's have really stamped ur authority again in that league there wash!!! 2 massive wins over the last 2 weeks over potenial Grand Final opponents, also good to see u's are getting an even spread of good players leading into the pointy end!!! :thumbsu:

Hey mover hows things, yeh the last 3 weeks (dookie,waaia,rennie) were always the big 3 games we were waiting for and to come away 3-0 after that is a good sign that we are staying at a level that is good enough to go deep in finals!! You guys had a costly loss on the w,end mate but your red hot form continued buddy:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey mover hows things, yeh the last 3 weeks (dookie,waaia,rennie) were always the big 3 games we were waiting for and to come away 3-0 after that is a good sign that we are staying at a level that is good enough to go deep in finals!! You guys had a costly loss on the w,end mate but your red hot form continued buddy:thumbsu:

That is a massive 3 weeks, & the results are great 4 the boys so close to september!! Yeah was a costly loss, as u know when its such an even comp every win is vital!! Had the 2 left feet on sat, 3 goals 6 hits the pride abit!! haha learn from ur mistakes i suppose (i'll know to pass it off next time :D) hopefully we can get back on the winners lists this week & get our season goin again!!

Fair summary. Good contest. Shepp showed they are a good team by not panicking after the 1st quarter. Looked to me from the sidelines that the sledging and niggle went both ways. The supporters from both sides also had a bit to say but it was all in good fun. You're right about Frappel. I was wondering if he had nits or something the way he was getting out on his own so often. Too smart and too quick. But the hoppers have a few boys with a bit of pace and endurance to come back in so hopefully we can counter that a bit when or if we get to play on the bigger grounds come finals. But I'm sure most clubs have a few out atm that they are hoping will be right later in the season. At least Shepp look a bit more "beatable" than last year.

One of the ol boys were saying that the 2001 Reunion was on this w/end out at Shepp East. Can you confim Karjam? Besty's men better put on a show against the ol foe in Katandra. I'm sure plenty of the ol troopers will be dribbling the ol line "Its not as tuff as when we played". I'm sure wobbly head Doyle and the Kready gang will all be there.:eek:
The Eagles are playing some real good footy at the moment so lets hope they keep up the intensity both on the track and on Saturdays to keep the dream of back to back on track. I've got no doubts that every other team is gunning for them to fall over, so a real challenge for the playing group. One I'm sure they are up for.
Don't worry about Frappell for the B&F, what about Capt Frost's form in the past month. M.Scarlett like. Opp teams will be looking to shut him down to prevent his damaging runs. Good Stuff :thumbsu:

things are shaping up very fast,cant believe there is only 6 games left! who is going to be the team to miss out. talking to a couple of blokes at the telegraph in numurkah sat night and they reckon the dooks are going to battle to make it especially the way they pl,ayed on the weekend

things are shaping up very fast,cant believe there is only 6 games left! who is going to be the team to miss out. talking to a couple of blokes at the telegraph in numurkah sat night and they reckon the dooks are going to battle to make it especially the way they pl,ayed on the weekend

Dookie season has been an almighty rollacoaster and it may haunt them come last few games!!
My tips for first week of finals..
Elimanation: Tungamah vs Katunga at katandra
qualifying final: Waaia vs Rennie at shepp east
Shepp east week off play winner of waaia or rennie at tungamah and also of note the prelims will be held at numurkah hosted by katunga
:p

Having Tom Dicko & Ol man Beggs out of their back 6 makes them a bit vulnarable especially against the top sides who boast some pretty impressive forward lines (SE - Ozbourne, Bests, Palmy) (Waaia - Meylands, Gilmour etc) (Rennie - Strawnny & Mangan) (Tunga - Payne & Jones)

One of the ol boys were saying that the 2001 Reunion was on this w/end out at Shepp East. Can you confim Karjam? Besty's men better put on a show against the ol foe in Katandra. I'm sure plenty of the ol troopers will be dribbling the ol line "Its not as tuff as when we played". I'm sure wobbly head Doyle and the Kready gang will all be there.:eek:
The Eagles are playing some real good footy at the moment so lets hope they keep up the intensity both on the track and on Saturdays to keep the dream of back to back on track. I've got no doubts that every other team is gunning for them to fall over, so a real challenge for the playing group. One I'm sure they are up for.
Don't worry about Frappell for the B&F, what about Capt Frost's form in the past month. M.Scarlett like. Opp teams will be looking to shut him down to prevent his damaging runs. Good Stuff :thumbsu:

Yes Nutter there is a Reunion this weekend 2001 boys will be there, all talking s**t no doubt....

Big game for dookie this week, mcfarlin feldtman dicko and begsy all out of the backline. Big test for johan mylan and paul mason the only 2 left from dookies best back 6.

3 thirds boys will be in the line up and a hand full of seconds players. Injurys have come at a bad time because i think with dookies draw percentage may play a factor.

kitto marc madderson should be enough firepower to win the game but if any have quiet 1s i think the result may go kattys way.

Dookie by 16points.

Unfortunately Nutta I missed that one, ripped my calf muscle on the last drill on the Thursday night before the big one and missed out... that would have made the Six Pack plus one.. Nutta...

Apparently you were scared of Big Tommy Butterworth!!!!:D

Geez Feldtman out again. He hasn't played much footy this year. Dooks would be dissapointed coz they are a heaps better side with him on the park. Could Katty snag one??? We'll wait and see. Who will stop the power forward that is Chicken Bye?:eek:

Went out to waaia on saturday and watched a great game of football, at first it looked like it was a game between the 2 big men in cowan and mangan both are class players and both were in ominus form early. Both sides were very physical all game with no doubt there will be some sore bodies this week, it was a great game to watch. Was interesting to hear after the game that Rennie name Jason Wild on the team sheet and he did not play was there a mistake there or did there rennie boys think that they could get the job done with only 20 men? From what i saw i think they will be playing each other 1st week of the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back