Autopsy Pies v Kuwarna (Crows) - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Sat May 18TH 1:45PM (M.C.G.)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Coll-vs-Adelaide.png

ladder_pos v ladder_pos

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 10

COLLINGWOOD V ADELAIDE
SATURDAY MAY 18TH 1:45PM (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams
MAGPIES

B: B.Maynard, D.Moore - C, B.Frampton
HB: I.Quaynor, O.Markov, W.Hoskin-Elliott
C: S.Sidebottom, S.Pendlebury, J.Daicos
HF: P.Lipinski, N.Daicos, R.McInnes
F: F.Macrae, B.Hill, L.Schultz
FOLL: D.Cameron, J.Crisp, J.De Goey

I/C: J.Noble, J.Richards, L.Sullivan, H.Harrison, M.Cox
EMG: N.Kreuger, E.Allan, C.Dean

IN: L.Schultz, J.De Goey
OUT: J.Howe (Injured), J.Bytel (Injured)

CROWS
B: B.Smith, J.Butts, C.Jones
HB: L.Nankervis, M.Keane, M.Michalanney
C: M.Hinge, J.Soligo, J.Dawson - C
HF: L.Sholl, T.Walker, J.Rachele
F: E.Himmelberg, D.Fogarty, I.Rankine
FOLL: R.O’Brien, R.Laird, B.Keays

I/C: M.Crouch, N.McHenry, L.Murphy, B.Cook, W.Hamill
EMG: C.Burgess, S.Berry, J.Borlase

IN: L.Murphy, W.Hamill
OUT: J.Worrell (Injured), D.Curtin (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

To celebrate Indigenous culture and heritage during Sir Doug Nicholls Round, Adelaide has changed its name to Kuwarna for the next two weeks. Pronounced goo-wun-na, Kuwarna is the Kaurna translation for the word Crows.

Pies news:

NOBLE 100 GAMES MILESTONE
John Noble is set to play his 100th AFL match on Saturday. The 27-year-old was drafted to Collingwood with pick 14 in the 2019 Mid-Season Draft. The South Australian product went on to make his AFL debut in Round 17 of the 2019 season against the West Coast Eagles.

SIR DOUG NICHOLLS ROUND GUERNSEY

Designed by Uncle Trevor Davis, father of former Collingwood player and the Club’s Cultural Development Manager Leon Davis, the inspiration for the SDNR guernsey design stems from a piece of art by Uncle Trevor called “Healing.”

Uncle Trevor, who is a proud Wadjuk, Ballardong, Wilman, Wongi and Noongar man, created the painting that depicts a healing process which the Club has embarked on over the past few years. The use of rain in the artwork is to represent the Club being cleansed. Design elements and their meanings from Uncle Trevor’s art have been transferred onto the Club’s black and white striped guernsey.

The centerpiece of the guernsey represents the Collingwood Football Club. The Club is a meeting place for all people across the land to come together to share their experiences. The footprints represent the people travelling to the Club.

The figure in the centre of the jumper represents the protection spirit – protecting everyone from bad spirits is a connector between the now and the dreamtime.

TRADTIONAL FIRST NATION DESIGNED BOOTS
Members of Collingwood's AFL side will wear specially designed boots for both Round's 10 and 11 in honour of Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

The boots, which were designed by former Collingwood AFLW player and proud Ningy Ningy woman, Aliesha Newman, feature traditional First Nations designs.

Don't be shame, discuss the game!

Last edited by a moderator:
Crows by a goal
Our historic record against them is 15-1-33, we haven't beaten them since 2016, we've lost 8 MCG games in a row (no wins since 2017), Collingwood are playing better than us and we've just lost our second best defender (with our best still missing).

I don't see us winning this.

Our historic record against them is 15-1-33, we haven't beaten them since 2016, we've lost 8 MCG games in a row (no wins since 2017), Collingwood are playing better than us and we've just lost our second best defender (with our best still missing).

Indeed.

I think there will be less than a kick in it..... AGAIN. Would not be surprised.

Collingwood in close games, their defending is almost unstoppable, look at their 3 finals last year.

And even that 2017 game was a weird one, we led by 50 points before somehow playing out a draw. I feel like you always matched up better historically against us at Marvel.

You will be right mate, we have 5 of our 6 forwards missing also.

NOBLE 100 GAMES MILESTONE
John Noble is set to play his 100th AFL match on Saturday. The 27-year-old was drafted to Collingwood with pick 14 in the 2019 Mid-Season Draft. The South Australian product went on to make his AFL debut in Round 17 of the 2019 season against the West Coast Eagles.

SIR DOUG NICHOLLS ROUND GUERNSEY

Designed by Uncle Trevor Davis, father of former Collingwood player and the Club’s Cultural Development Manager Leon Davis, the inspiration for the SDNR guernsey design stems from a piece of art by Uncle Trevor called “Healing.”

Uncle Trevor, who is a proud Wadjuk, Ballardong, Wilman, Wongi and Noongar man, created the painting that depicts a healing process which the Club has embarked on over the past few years. The use of rain in the artwork is to represent the Club being cleansed. Design elements and their meanings from Uncle Trevor’s art have been transferred onto the Club’s black and white striped guernsey.

The centerpiece of the guernsey represents the Collingwood Football Club. The Club is a meeting place for all people across the land to come together to share their experiences. The footprints represent the people travelling to the Club.

The figure in the centre of the jumper represents the protection spirit – protecting everyone from bad spirits is a connector between the now and the dreamtime.

TRADTIONAL FIRST NATION DESIGNED BOOTS
Members of Collingwood's AFL side will wear specially designed boots for both Round's 10 and 11 in honour of Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

The boots, which were designed by former Collingwood AFLW player and proud Ningy Ningy woman, Aliesha Newman, feature traditional First Nations designs.

And even that 2017 game was a weird one, we led by 50 points before somehow playing out a draw. I feel like you always matched up better historically against us at Marvel.
Last time I was at the MCG... was with my Dad who hadn't been to the MCG since the Olympics!

Was one of my most memorable games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling this will be a very close game. Collingwood are favorites for obvious reasons but crows form is 1 loss in their last 5 and that was at the death v Essendon so crows going ok themselves. Could see this one being decided by under 2 goals with Collingwood 70/30 favorites to win it imo

I am never confident of a win against Collingwood, even when we were contending. Matched up well on them last year and we are getting a bit better in tight games, so should be a good contest and doubt there is much in this one again.

Looking forward to the pies absolutely robbing the crows and keeping on getting away with it, roight.in front.of.moiii.

Despite Collingwood having an incredible record over the crows, there have been so many close games between the teams with the majority of those results going Collingwood’s way.

4 of the last 5 games have been under a goal. Then you have games like the 2009 SF, Tarrant goal after the siren, first game at AO back in 1992, 2001 at AO, even in pies premiership year, Collingwood could only kick 6 goals to win the game, 1 pt at vic park.

Way more examples than this but the history suggests the game will be close. Really there have been barely any blow outs apart from 2005 AO and 1991 VP.

I did go to AO in 2002 when Collingwood were up by 69 points but with 6 mins to go, thr margin was only 16 points! Should be a great game

Despite Collingwood having an incredible record over the crows, there have been so many close games between the teams with the majority of those results going Collingwood’s way.

4 of the last 5 games have been under a goal. Then you have games like the 2009 SF, Tarrant goal after the siren, first game at AO back in 1992, 2001 at AO, even in pies premiership year, Collingwood could only kick 6 goals to win the game, 1 pt at vic park.

Way more examples than this but the history suggests the game will be close. Really there have been barely any blow outs apart from 2005 AO and 1991 VP.

I did go to AO in 2002 when Collingwood were up by 69 points but with 6 mins to go, thr margin was only 16 points! Should be a great game
We only moved to Adelaide Oval in 2014, so all of those games before then would've been at Football Park.

You are quite correct about the amount of close games though - 19/49 have been single digit margins (Collingwood with 12 wins, Adelaide with 6).

We only moved to Adelaide Oval in 2014, so all of those games before then would've been at Football Park.

You are quite correct about the amount of close games though - 19/49 have been single digit margins (Collingwood with 12 wins, Adelaide with 6).
I think you mean John “Jack” Anthony. 😂
2003 at AO. Chris Tarrant goaled after the siren to win game for Collingwood

Back