PITTSBURGH PENGUINS – 2016 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

Remove this Banner Ad

He stops and leaves nowhere for Polak to go, it was well away from the board. If he actually goes after the puck instead of trying to play it at length then he'd be fine, he put himself in the dangerous position. Inexperienced play from an average defenceman.
Nothing that you've said there is true. It's quite shocking.

Nothing that you've said there is true. It's quite shocking.
Completely true. The only people complaining are NBC Commentators and Penguins fans. Which are basically one and the same.

He was too afraid to take a hit on the boards he tried to play it like a little girl and ended up making Polak hit him there. He was almost on the goal line as well so it was a long way from the boards.

Completely true. The only people complaining are NBC Commentators and Penguins fans. Which are basically one and the same.
Yes. Keith jones, Jeremy roenick and mike milbury love the pens.

more waffle said:
He was too afraid to take a hit on the boards he tried to play it like a little girl and ended up making Polak hit him there. He was almost on the goal line as well so it was a long way from the boards.
There's nothing I can say to that. It would be like explaining hearing to a deaf man.

Yes. Keith jones, Jeremy roenick and mike milbury love the pens.

There's nothing I can say to that. It would be like explaining hearing to a deaf man.
Millbury and Roenick aren't commentators. They're idiots.

Come on then. Rebut my argument, don't just sit there and bitch and moan about it. All you've done is attack the man not actually rebut anything.

Millbury and Roenick aren't commentators. They're idiots.
Do they get paid by NBC? Are they not representatives of NBC? I agree with you, they are idiots.

You want to spew crap like "NBC is pro-pens", but there's one problem with that: half of their on-air talent openly hates the pens. See a problem in your logic?

Come on then. Rebut my argument, don't just sit there and bitch and moan about it. All you've done is attack the man not actually rebut anything.
Mate, the only one bitching here is you. Your argument comes from a place of ignorance and lack of knowledge about the game. What is there to argue?
Dumoulin was playing the puck. He didn't turn quickly and put himself in a dangerous position. He always had his back to Polak. He played the puck, and Polak whacked him in the back, sending him head-first into the boards. Despite what you think, there's really not much to it.

If it were a Penguin sending a shark into boards like that, I know for a fact that you'd be the first one on here crying bloody murder.

Do they get paid by NBC? Are they not representatives of NBC? I agree with you, they are idiots.

You want to spew crap like "NBC is pro-pens", but there's one problem with that: half of their on-air talent openly hates the pens. See a problem in your logic?

Mate, the only one bitching here is you. Your argument comes from a place of ignorance and lack of knowledge about the game. What is there to argue?
Dumoulin was playing the puck. He didn't turn quickly and put himself in a dangerous position. He always had his back to Polak. He played the puck, and Polak whacked him in the back, sending him head-first into the boards. Despite what you think, there's really not much to it.

If it were a Penguin sending a shark into boards like that, I know for a fact that you'd be the first one on here crying bloody murder.
Ok finally you actually say something instead of being unobjective. He put himself in a dangerous position, he tries to play the puck with an outstretched arm a mile away from the boards. Thats dangerous. It happened this year and I was the first to criticise a Shark for putting himself in that position. Don't be a dick Marns.

Last edited:
Ok finally you actually say something instead of being unobjective. He put himself in a dangerous position, he tries to play the puck with an outstretched arm a mile away from the boards. Thats dangerous. It happened this year and I was the first to criticise a Shark for putting himself in that position. Don't be a dick Marns.

No, he didn't. At no point during that play is Dumoulin's arm outstretched or even in front of his body. His elbow remains tucked into his body throughout the play.

image.png

He's not making a play at the puck, Polak's shove doesn't give him the chance to as the puck doesn't make its way to Dumoulin before he gets pushed into the boards. Here is when the shove commences:

image.png

Boarding or interference, take your pick.

Another angle of Dumoulin's "outstretched" arm:

image.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that we have video of the play, what's your take?

The only time I see Dumoulin's arms stretched out is to brace himself after Polak sends him into the boards. You?
Fine, wrong use of words, used his arm. Still it was Dumoulin's fault to put himself in a position against a guy speeding in.

As far as avoiding injury goes, Dumoulin's position is damn near perfect. Like I said yesterday, he wasn't going in bent over at 90 degrees, and he didn't turn his back on Polak in the last minute – two things we see quite often where guys get badly hurt.

Where did he go wrong?

As far as avoiding injury goes, Dumoulin's position is damn near perfect. Like I said yesterday, he wasn't going in bent over at 90 degrees, and he didn't turn his back on Polak in the last minute – two things we see quite often where guys get badly hurt.

Where did he go wrong?
How is putting your back to a player rushing in like that, away from the boards, perfect position? It's asking to be shoved into the boards.

How is putting your back to a player rushing in like that, away from the boards, perfect position? It's asking to be shoved into the boards.
Hahahaha. Should Dumoulin have been skating backwards so as to keep facing Polak the entire time? He didn't "put" his back to Polak, he was skating for the puck. As they do in hockey.

Hahahaha. Should Dumoulin have been skating backwards so as to keep facing Polak the entire time? He didn't "put" his back to Polak, he was skating for the puck. As they do in hockey.
Maybe he should have skated towards the puck and played it against the wall like any good defenceman does. Eliminate boarding by staying upright and playing it while tucked along the boards. Vlasic wouldn't have done anything like that.

Hey, Does anyone know a good place to watch the game tomorrow morning in Melbourne? I know the imperial used to show them live but i can't see anything about it on their facebook or website. So i am thinking Crown atm unless i can find somewhere better tonight

Obvious penalty. Amazed it warranted 2 pages of thread discussion lol. Reminds me of back in the Tampa series when there were similar dirty hits that people defended and then you post the GIF and....

Okay, moving on. Obviously a huge game tonight. Sharks can't bank on the same Jones performance and Pens post hits tonight. Pens can't only start playing 5 minutes in.

Obvious penalty. Amazed it warranted 2 pages of thread discussion lol. Reminds me of back in the Tampa series when there were similar dirty hits that people defended and then you post the GIF and....

Okay, moving on. Obviously a huge game tonight. Sharks can't bank on the same Jones performance and Pens post hits tonight. Pens can't only start playing 5 minutes in.
Yet only Penguins fans thought so. It only got a mention on NBC, not anywhere else on the news networks.

Somehow preventing a player from leaving the zone by pinning him against the bench isn't interference... when the puck is half the width of the ice away. Penguins get away with so much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back