Review Player review v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

That hurt, a loss and losing your best backman and key player.

I think in hotly contested games like this it really shows when you don’t have a key forward.

Howe - 23 possessions in 3/4’s. Rarely loses a 1v1 covers other players, attacks the ball, intercepts and disposes of it beautifully. Bad luck!

Grundy- how we lose the clearances I won’t know. Has really improved his marking. I like what we’ve been doing at the kick ins, guarding space. The opposition will pick up on that though.

Sidey - lowered his colours, don’t care if he was tagged.

Pendles - we lost the clearance you are on ball, not acceptable.

Phillips, WHE - have always said they are soft. It shows in games like these. We won’t win a premiership with both of them in the side. WHE lauded for his marking, always lurking out the back for a cheap jump at it.Drop both of them.

Wills - shouldnt play again. If you can bring nothing just contested ball, then all you do is fumble and miss targets. You’re done. Pathetic.

Cox - another soft player, doesn’t want it enough. Had a couple of chances to dive for it...refuses to hit the ground in fear of landing awkwardly. He is handy in the ruck but that’s it. Spent the first quarter playing behind. Then running under it. Man up, or **** off.

Degoey -played well, but needs to convert! I would have played him on ball longer. CORRECTION, he was rubbish. I apologies for offending your eyes

Stephenson -gets a lot of lucky goals, on account of turnovers and his speed. When it’s contested, he brings not much. Will need to build some size. But I think it is want also, not uncommon for classy players to not want to do the tough stuff.

Adams - you know what he’s going to bring. Can’t really fault him.

Noble- drop him, pathetic game. Cost us two goals directly.

Maynard - up and down game. Unlucky with a couple kicked against him. Could have had a sharper game. Too much focus on destabilising Greene. Get your own game right first.

Mihocek - worst game he’s played for us. Back him in to bounce back next week. Had some half chances that he would have marked on any other night.

Browns and Daicos - lots of promise, but they are really just role players atm. Can’t fault them for the loss. Was Callum tagging Coniglio? Great effort.

Crisp - was solid, did all the things we’ve come to expect. Played a bit on ball when we needed some drive.

Mayne- has had a poor start to the season, I think he should be dropped. Tends to respond well to that.

Roughhead - not his best game either. There were too many easy goals, and balls going over the back.

Moore - best on ground for us. Class act. Hope he stays fit.

Elliot - has been poor all year. Play him on ball, and into some form. Get his confidence up. Won’t be easy for him when preference is given to Degoey and Stephenson in the forward line. Maybe try him on a wing?

Only dropping six players?

Stand by my Pendles comments, if you look at his performance in isolation sure ...great. But he is the captain and we lost the game in his part of the field. 1 clearance to his name and two tackles. He allows the others to do the tough stuff. Which is fine, you want your Rolls Royce finishing...but in that case it’s time for a captaincy change. It’s not acceptable to be outmuscled in that way over and again by GWS.
He was beaten in the first half, but he was far and away the best mid in the ground in the second half, and he had 7 clearances. I’m not saying it was hit best game, but he was our only mid winning clean clearances and creating anything from his ball use.

Adam's was our Best Mid Tonight again

Adams was good, and was particularly good defensively, but he only had 17 touches and 4 clearances to Pendles’ 26 and 7. And we all know who uses the ball better. Adams was brilliant in the first three rounds, but a bit down last night despite being one of our best.

That hurt, a loss and losing your best backman and key player.

I think in hotly contested games like this it really shows when you don’t have a key forward.

Howe - 23 possessions in 3/4’s. Rarely loses a 1v1 covers other players, attacks the ball, intercepts and disposes of it beautifully. Bad luck!

Grundy- how we lose the clearances I won’t know. Has really improved his marking. I like what we’ve been doing at the kick ins, guarding space. The opposition will pick up on that though.

Sidey - lowered his colours, don’t care if he was tagged.

Pendles - we lost the clearance you are on ball, not acceptable.

( our best mid alone with Adams, not issue there )

Phillips, WHE - have always said they are soft. It shows in games like these. We won’t win a premiership with both of them in the side. WHE lauded for his marking, always lurking out the back for a cheap jump at it.Drop both of them.

( add Stevo in this bracket whining talking about soft, panicky in close )

Wills - shouldnt play again. If you can bring nothing just contested ball, then all you do is fumble and miss targets. You’re done. Pathetic.

Cox - another soft player, doesn’t want it enough. Had a couple of chances to dive for it...refuses to hit the ground in fear of landing awkwardly. He is handy in the ruck but that’s it. Spent the first quarter playing behind. Then running under it. Man up, or **** off.

( if he held his marks then he would be a bonus but we’ve being saying that for 4-5 years now )

Degoey -played well, but needs to convert! I would have played him on ball longer. CORRECTION, he was rubbish. I apologies for offending your eyes

( played poorly, looks for highlights and has to start playing as a footballer)

Stephenson -gets a lot of lucky goals, on account of turnovers and his speed. When it’s contested, he brings not much. Will need to build some size. But I think it is want also, not uncommon for classy players to not want to do the tough stuff.

( see Phillips & WHE section )

Adams - you know what he’s going to bring. Can’t really fault him.

Noble- drop him, pathetic game. Cost us two goals directly.

( fast losing faith in him IQ time?)

Maynard - up and down game. Unlucky with a couple kicked against him. Could have had a sharper game. Too much focus on destabilising Greene. Get your own game right first.

( True)

Mihocek - worst game he’s played for us. Back him in to bounce back next week. Had some half chances that he would have marked on any other night.

Browns and Daicos - lots of promise, but they are really just role players atm. Can’t fault them for the loss. Was Callum tagging Coniglio? Great effort.

Crisp - was solid, did all the things we’ve come to expect. Played a bit on ball when we needed some drive.

Mayne- has had a poor start to the season, I think he should be dropped. Tends to respond well to that.

Roughhead - not his best game either. There were too many easy goals, and balls going over the back.

( was ok held up )

Moore - best on ground for us. Class act. Hope he stays fit.

Elliot - has been poor all year. Play him on ball, and into some form. Get his confidence up. Won’t be easy for him when preference is given to Degoey and Stephenson in the forward line. Maybe try him on a wing?

( JDG stays mid will help Elliott )

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was beaten in the first half, but he was far and away the best mid in the ground in the second half, and he had 7 clearances. I’m not saying it was hit best game, but he was our only mid winning clean clearances and creating anything from his ball use.

Adams was good, and was particularly good defensively, but he only had 17 touches and 4 clearances to Pendles’ 26 and 7. And we all know who uses the ball better. Adams was brilliant in the first three rounds, but a bit down last night despite being one of our best.
I would suggest Adams was slowed down after the hit to the head In fact I thought he was off the ground for a quarter afterwards as I did not see him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would suggest Adams was slowed down after the hit to the head In fact I thought he was off the ground for a quarter afterwards as I did not see him.

Agree, certainly took some time to get back into the game after he copped that whack. Maybe the blood loss impacted his energy levels.

I’m pretty sure it happened just before quarter time. Don’t think he missed that much game wise. Perhaps we need to acknowledge he just wasn’t as impactful. I feel like we played the man a little bit, rather than worrying about the ball. They play a tough brand of football.

Did you just say “not good enough” for Pendlebury and “played well” for De Goey?

They would be the two I would take issue with and Roughy played pretty well too. Jordy didn't play well while Pendles was arguably our best. You can't blame one player for losing the clearances.

About Brown, the 14 changes or what?

We could easily drop T Brown, Phillips, Mayne, Elliott, Cox, WHE, Noble and Wills. We can't but if anyone of them was omitted the only argument against would be someone more deserving. I didn't think C Brown's spindly little body really held up in the close contests tonight either. We have been exposed. We don't have a team capable of winning a premiership - certainly not without Howe.
Time to bring in Sier and Shazza, would take a punt on Quaynor instead of Noble. Sick of Mayne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back