Multiplat PlayStation Plus

Remove this Banner Ad

XCom is in no way shape or form similar to Civ.

One is a simulation in which you are a leader and you expand on a map and build things to win via multiple ways, the other is a top down tactical v aliens with s**t RNG where you can miss a 100%, not even kidding. I mean I suppose XCOM is to Tactical Strategy basically what Dark Souls is to the RPG genre, so I can certainly understand people not getting into XCOM or hating the experience.
Yeah bad comparison, I was trying to think of turn based strategy games

Wasteland and Gears tactics are better comparisons of games I really enjoyed

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Anyone reckon Gran Turismo 7 will ever end up on PS Plus? Been considering buying it for a while but heard a rumour a while back it would end up on ps plus but nothing yet. Not sure if it's too big of a game to end up there for free download?

Anyone reckon Gran Turismo 7 will ever end up on PS Plus? Been considering buying it for a while but heard a rumour a while back it would end up on ps plus but nothing yet. Not sure if it's too big of a game to end up there for free download?
I don't think I've ever seen it below $90, so unlikely it will be free

I don't think I've ever seen it below $90, so unlikely it will be free

The PS Store sales for GT7 seem to always be $77 for the PS5 version and $62 for the PS4 version (in fact there is a sale right now with those prices).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving Dave, but don't know that I fully understand what I'm doing with the menu. Am I supposed to be somehow predicting/knowing how many customers there will be, or which options are optimal? Or am I just picking the expensive/tasty ones?

Since it's where you make the money to buy your upgrades just go for most expensive. Also don't make too much of a spread price wise, you don't want those shark heads going to waste because you chucked up a few cheap dishes. As for numbers you will get a feel. At the end of a service look at your menu hanging up over the counter. If you have lots left then make a mental note to serve less next time. If most of the board is red then obviously make a few more. This gets harder to predict later on as it turns pretty chaotic when you have staff pumping out faster dishes and helping you serve, but by mid game you'll have ponds full of breeding fish and you won't care as much about waste.

This is probably really obvious but it got me at the start, the number under the price and taste is how many dishes it will make. Derp 🙃. So don't be me and choose a quantity of say 5 shark meals when a quantity of 1 will already make 5 plates.

Playing Immortals of Aveum since yesterday. It’s a really good Plus title, probably not something I would want to pay full price for but it’s fun for what it is.

I liked the shooting but the cringe voice acting, plain and linear levels and lack of enemy variety wore thin after a few hours.

I liked the shooting but the cringe voice acting, plain and linear levels and lack of enemy variety wore thin after a few hours.

Remember that Plus title I said was really good a while ago and you said similar stuff about it? I think I got another hour into it before putting it down for good lol.

Edit: It was Evil West.

Remember that Plus title I said was really good a while ago and you said similar stuff about it? I think I got another hour into it before putting it down for good lol.

Edit: It was Evil West.

😎

Aveum is better than Evil West. I wouldn't pay money for it but as a PS Plus game I think a lot of people will happily play it but for me I couldn't will myself to play a minute longer.

Since it's where you make the money to buy your upgrades just go for most expensive. Also don't make too much of a spread price wise, you don't want those shark heads going to waste because you chucked up a few cheap dishes. As for numbers you will get a feel. At the end of a service look at your menu hanging up over the counter. If you have lots left then make a mental note to serve less next time. If most of the board is red then obviously make a few more. This gets harder to predict later on as it turns pretty chaotic when you have staff pumping out faster dishes and helping you serve, but by mid game you'll have ponds full of breeding fish and you won't care as much about waste.

This is probably really obvious but it got me at the start, the number under the price and taste is how many dishes it will make. Derp 🙃. So don't be me and choose a quantity of say 5 shark meals when a quantity of 1 will already make 5 plates.

I've just started to play it, it looks simple mechanics wise (ala the original Plants vs Zombies) but I know there's more to it that makes it complex. I've googled and read about it but may have to youtube others playing it so I get more of the vibe on how it should be played. I've done the first 3 "tutorial" bits.

I've just started to play it, it looks simple mechanics wise (ala the original Plants vs Zombies) but I know there's more to it that makes it complex. I've googled and read about it but may have to youtube others playing it so I get more of the vibe on how it should be played. I've done the first 3 "tutorial" bits.

Just dive in (pun intended). The tutorials are good and don't feel like you have to stick to the story objectives. Just cruise along at your own pace and you'll work it out as you go. The game is really good at increasing the features slowly and only at the pace you're playing at.

Unless I totally misunderstood the mechanic, I always just selected 1 as the quantity and then used the autofill function. That way you only use as many ingredients as you sell.

Last edited:
Unless I totally miss understood the mechanic, I always just selected 1 as the quantity and then used the autofill function. That way you only use as many ingredients as you sell.

That works well for single portion dishes, but for dishes with multiple portions you still waste the same if all the portions aren't purchased. Once you get the fish farms then waste doesn't really matter anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back