Poaching Spuds

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt too many Port Adelaide or Fremantle supporters lament the loss of the cumbersome Trengrove or the positionless Crozier.
Why oh why did Dogs pick up Jordan Roughead 2.0 when one of the spud was enough.

I always liked Marley, I use to watch him specifically at games and he use to lead the backline even as a 21 year old he'd make sure everyone was in the right place. His kicking let him down at the pies but I think it was more the lack of options.

With Crisp, Murray and Maynard we don't really need him so glad he is at a club where he was needed, would have liked to have gotten something for him though.

Really surprised Port picked Toumpas and then Trengove two years later. Toumpas genuinely showed nothing at afl level and whilst they got Trengove for free there is no way he can play afl at a decent level again (I’d love for him to prove me wrong but he’s cooked).

Carlton poaching Rhys Palmer, realising he's no good, then cutting him despite having a contract.

I’m pretty confident Carlton took Palmer to ease GWS’ salary cap.

The pay back to Carlton was a lesser price in draft picks for some younger players in trades.

I’d say GWS’ poaching of Palmer from Freo was a genuine poach, and a pretty mystifying one at that. Palmer was the atypical early bloomer player who probably almost peaked in year 1, although we will never know due to his serious knee injury if he had significant development left in him.

I suspect he didn’t.

Anyway, he was never the player you build a midfield around, especially after his knee, so a poor poach target.

Marley has been outstanding for North since coming over.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was highly regarded at the Pies and was even in AA talk in 2015. He had issues and the Pies assisted his transfer to North which explains the extremely late pick which was never going to be used. It’s great to see he has his s**t together and playing the sort of footy he was playing at the Pies (apart from his last year).

Really surprised Port picked Toumpas and then Trengove two years later. Toumpas genuinely showed nothing at afl level and whilst they got Trengove for free there is no way he can play afl at a decent level again (I’d love for him to prove me wrong but he’s cooked).
Agree, they are both fine at SANFL level but that's it

Hayden Crozier was a strange pickup for the Dogs, I thought

I always thought he had the potential X-factor and was quite often stiff to not play every single week at the Dockers. He just looks like he had bulked up a little at the Dogs and lost a bit of the pace and agility he always seemed to possess. Could easily turn it around though. Did cop a knee injury pretty early on if i'm not mistaken?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justin Sherman to the dogs. Stinker.

Griffen to the giants. Ongoing injuries and a shadow of his former self now. Just a midfield/hbf plodder and not the linebreaker he was at the dogs. They thought they were pinching a superstar.

Carlton poaching Rhys Palmer, realising he's no good, then cutting him despite having a contract.

We poached him with pick 135...yeah what a surprise when we realised he`s no good.

Allowed us to get Marchbank and Pickett for unders because GWS needed him off the books for salary and list spots. Not poached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back