Switch Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee

Remove this Banner Ad

I know there's a lot of negativity about this but everything there gets a tick from me provided the 'catching pokemon works like in go' thing is hugely expanded on compared to Go and Go battling is nowhere near this game.

Would have to have a different story and have many improvements on Yellow of course as well, but that's not touched on in this leak so can't get concerned about it.

I think people need to stop worrying about the GO stuff being included.

I've read things from people who think this is going to be exactly like GO which won't happen plus it wouldn't work on Switch anyway.

The extent of it will be that you can capture Pokémon the same way you do in GO but it will probably be optional and not forced. Maybe there will be bonuses for using the GO method like extra EXP or something.

They may also add trading between the games and GO as well which was mentioned for Sun/Moon but didn't happen.

I really think this is all it will be so nothing really to worry about.

I think people need to stop worrying about the GO stuff being included.

I've read things from people who think this is going to be exactly like GO which won't happen plus it wouldn't work on Switch anyway.

The extent of it will be that you can capture Pokémon the same way you do in GO but it will probably be optional and not forced. Maybe there will be bonuses for using the GO method like extra EXP or something.

They may also add trading between the games and GO as well which was mentioned for Sun/Moon but didn't happen.

I really think this is all it will be so nothing really to worry about.
100% agree.

What would work great with catching Pokémon imo is keeping it as is ie health drained + status condition + poke ball type = chance of pokemon being caught, BUT add the Go mechanic of flicking the ball instead of just the ‘menu throw’ the mainline games have now.

Nothing in that contradicts the leaks.

hopefully it's stuff like a touchscreen gesture/joycon movement to throw the ball, which will probably feel organic enough. i like the idea of the battles being sped up, going in and out of them being much quicker, i'm confident they wont stuff that up too badly and people will like it. even adding cooldown bars for moves instead of PP, i could see that working.

hopefully it's stuff like a touchscreen gesture/joycon movement to throw the ball, which will probably feel organic enough. i like the idea of the battles being sped up, going in and out of them being much quicker, i'm confident they wont stuff that up too badly and people will like it. even adding cooldown bars for moves instead of PP, i could see that working.

That'd cause a stir!

Ideally though I'd like a Pokken Tournament style battle mechanic and that is probably the first step on the way to that so I wouldn't object. I do think the current battle system is tired and needs a revamp, but there are a million ways they could do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.

A lot of people complain about it but I can't get enough of it.
I recently re-watched season 1 & 2 of the anime. Started season 3 and really couldn't continue watching it. I will give it another go soon.

Team Rocket really ruins it for me!! lol

ZEf5zDd.gif

Supposedly this is an in-game model of Pikachu.

I hope they change up the NPC dialogue and in-game events a bit. Having bought Red and Gold on the 3DS Virtual Console when they came out I've seen plenty of Kanto the last couple of years. I enjoy it as much as anyone but keen for a few surprises.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back