The Law Police

Remove this Banner Ad

I gotta admit I watched Gold Coast cops on 7 last night (I don’t know why either).

Two of the stories were pretty cooked.

1- was an old fella living in a trailer selling little baggies of weed to people. Cops do surveliance then a soft raid of his house. Surely there are better things to be using tone and resources on than a bloke in his 70s selling at most an ounce of weed wrapped in foil to his neighbors.

2- cops pull over a couple of kiwi tourists walking around the “entertainment precinct” at night, search them, find the bloke has a few random blue pills in his manbag. The cop has to google what the pills are so it’s not blatant and he had like 3 of them. Serves him a court date.

Now I get it, they were both doing something illegal but Jesus wept if that’s the worst s**t going on the Goldy.

I gotta admit I watched Gold Coast cops on 7 last night (I don’t know why either).

Two of the stories were pretty cooked.

1- was an old fella living in a trailer selling little baggies of weed to people. Cops do surveliance then a soft raid of his house. Surely there are better things to be using tone and resources on than a bloke in his 70s selling at most an ounce of weed wrapped in foil to his neighbors.

2- cops pull over a couple of kiwi tourists walking around the “entertainment precinct” at night, search them, find the bloke has a few random blue pills in his manbag. The cop has to google what the pills are so it’s not blatant and he had like 3 of them. Serves him a court date.

Now I get it, they were both doing something illegal but Jesus wept if that’s the worst sh*t going on the Goldy.

Hardly great TV either.

How's the guy and his Mrs being found guilty of manslaughter for taking a samurai sword to a home invader in the middle of the night who broke into their house armed.

Very stiff.

How's the guy and his Mrs being found guilty of manslaughter for taking a samurai sword to a home invader in the middle of the night who broke into their house armed.

Very stiff.
Think I'd need to know more details of the case than just a news report to really have a worthwhile opinion.

Very stiff.
You neglected a very important piece of information in your retelling of the incident.

The home invader had left the property and was chased down the street before he was killed with the sword. That makes it significantly harder to argue that the actions taken to kill him were a reasonable act of self defence. If he was killed with the sword while in the house as the victims of the break in resisted him then this wouldn't have ended up in court like this.

Now, how reasonably would any of us act after we had just had our homes broken into and robbed by a heavily armed guy on ice who threatened to kill the rest of our family? I think it is understandable to have a lot of sympathy for the victims of the break in, they were put in a pretty s**t situation through no fault of their own, but that doesn't mean you have carte blanche in how you respond to the situation, particularly when the perpetrator has left the property.

Because the state wishes to ensure that it is the only entity with a monopoly on violence.

You neglected a very important piece of information in your retelling of the incident.

The home invader had left the property and was chased down the street before he was killed with the sword. That makes it significantly harder to argue that the actions taken to kill him were a reasonable act of self defence. If he was killed with the sword while in the house as the victims of the break in resisted him then this wouldn't have ended up in court like this.

Now, how reasonably would any of us act after we had just had our homes broken into and robbed by a heavily armed guy on ice who threatened to kill the rest of our family? I think it is understandable to have a lot of sympathy for the victims of the break in, they were put in a pretty sh*t situation through no fault of their own, but that doesn't mean you have carte blanche in how you respond to the situation, particularly when the perpetrator has left the property.

The odd stint in jail is just a normal occupational hazard for a drug dealer.

harrowing as it is for dudes who walk ten and want to sort themselves out I like the personalities who shatter... and who chatter..
check your effusiionn... hello smart boy... :thumbsu:

It’ll be interesting to see how the police handle January 26th. I imagine they’ll send hundreds of police to arrest everyone at the Unofficial Australia Day Parade and just a few to the Invasion Day rally to ensure no one disrupts those poor, peaceful protesters.

Hopefully Invasion Day doesn’t have the same result as BLM.

It’ll be interesting to see how the police handle January 26th. I imagine they’ll send hundreds of police to arrest everyone at the Unofficial Australia Day Parade and just a few to the Invasion Day rally to ensure no one disrupts those poor, peaceful protesters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do people still go to those protests though? few i ever saw were just a handful of meh TBH

Apparently over 5,000 currently registered to attend the Invasion Day rally.

Good news is to assist with contact tracing they’ve all been told to register under fake names and they’re training people up on how to fight the police!

those FB registrations are a laugh - the 5g nutters had thousands registering and * all turned up

btw im looking at this from a melbourne view - i suspect the sydney protests are more a thing

those FB registrations are a laugh - the 5g nutters had thousands registering and fu** all turned up

btw im looking at this from a melbourne view - i suspect the sydney protests are more a thing

It’ll be interesting to see what happens this year. A friend of my mums goes every year, I suppose that shows the demographic 😂 but it’s one that seems to be growing each year so wouldn’t surprise if they have their biggest attendance.

Although I remember hearing about their big cup protest and in 2019 it was about half a dozen people 😂😂

The core group seems to be the same people who go to every protest, it seems like they’ve got nothing better to do with their lives. Just once I’d love us to be invited along to test out our monitors, European style!!!

Last edited:
Apparently over 5,000 currently registered to attend the Invasion Day rally.

Good news is to assist with contact tracing they’ve all been told to register under fake names and they’re training people up on how to fight the police!

In 2019 SBS put the Melbourne Australia Day protest at 10,000 with the organisers claiming 80,000. Just like the BLM protests the police will do * all to enforce the 100 limit on outdoor gatherings. Whereas for the lockdown protests they were arresting pregnant mums in their homes for Facebook posts and arresting hundreds of people.

In 2019 SBS put the Melbourne Australia Day protest at 10,000 with the organisers claiming 80,000. Just like the BLM protests the police will do fu** all to enforce the 100 limit on outdoor gatherings. Whereas for the lockdown protests they were arresting pregnant mums in their homes for Facebook posts and arresting hundreds of people.

Thats why BLM was funny, it’s the only protest in history they’ve ever tried to downplay the number of people who were there!!!

Now, how reasonably would any of us act after we had just had our homes broken into and robbed by a heavily armed guy on ice who threatened to kill the rest of our family? I think it is understandable to have a lot of sympathy for the victims of the break in, they were put in a pretty sh*t situation through no fault of their own, but that doesn't mean you have carte blanche in how you respond to the situation, particularly when the perpetrator has left the property.
:cool:
shame on you for elucidating the hedonistic views of the narcissisic fello.ns we have to deal with.. rather than just a thumb print I resorted to for
a reply.. get on board you cretinn...watching and waiting.. shovelling the rose trees as well.. yes I am a smart arse.. so deal with me

It's funny reading conservatives b*tch about the police for the first time ever in the past 12 months

I thought if you were doing nothing wrong you don't have to worry about anything
never dump never shallow.. never even a clock that needs winding.. hand ball to those who are playful and kind..

no I don[t mean this at all.. you should beware..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back