Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

You're missing the point. If they had preselected Glen Cridland for instance. Someone who I am a big fan of - so declaring my bias.

I think it's funny you are pushing Cridland when he is an old white male lawyer after you have just banged on about diversity.

nobody voted for Geoff they voted for McGowan. But they should have voted for the actual candidate.

I think it's funny you are pushing Cridland when he is an old white male lawyer after you have just banged on about diversity.
And if all Glen had done is been a lawyer then I'd agree with you. My diversity comment was a broad one - not specifically about SP preselection - although I did say Hayley as an option in my first post remember.

Most people wouldn't have a clue who their local candidate was, McGowan ran a first class fear campaign and the sheep followed.

1615878895729.png

Most people wouldn't have a clue who their local candidate was, McGowan ran a first class fear campaign and the sheep followed.

View attachment 1078365
I don't think sheep like fear.
Also it could be that the people who voted for Labor agree with their policies.
Why don't you claim that the election was stolen? That'll be fun.

i disagree on this 100%.

If you vote purely on the party lines, it basically creates a situation where the party decides everything. When you have good candidates they can shape the policy and change it.

People constantly complain about the quality of the people in parliament "union hacks" "staffers" "powerbrokers" but all of those things happen when you blindly vote for the party and not the candidate.

I'll pick on South Perth - people just elected someone who has never had a real job, will never be a minister, will never contribute any real policies and will certainly be gone in 4 years. They picked him over a good young candidate the libs put up.

People should be more willing to look at the candidates. I've voted independent before because I look at the candidate. You should too.
I never denied a good candidate can shape policy. I merely questioned the weight one should attribute to the quality of the candidate given they'll vote along party lines (if it's a major party candidate). I even said that it would be wise to consider the quality of the candidate, albeit, secondary to the party's policies.

You're perpetuating 2 ideas that, quite frankly, are bullshit.

1. That a good/qualified candidate (however good/qualified is defined) will make a good MP.

2. That a good/qualified candidate (again however tf these subjective measures are defined) will make good policy.

A good candidate may support s**t policies. A good candidate in a major party may influence policy making but they'll still vote along party lines.

We get that you're salty but that doesn't mean you need to throw common sense out the door and come in here ranting about subjective assessments of every candidate who ran in the election.

Last edited:
I didn't know how dumb the average punter was until covid hit especially the boomers.

Boomer: Mark is keeping us safe.
Me: How? Billy the blacksmith could close the borders.
Boomer: Yes but he's keeping us safe.
Me: You got any loved one's outside of WA?
Boomer: No
Me: Do you ever holiday outside of WA?
Boomer: We go to Bali every year.
Me: Do know your local candidate?
Me: Did you know hospital ramping has doubled since Mark came to power?
Boomer: Has it?
Me: Did you know Mark wants to build a outer harbor in the cockburn sound that will be a absolute environmental disaster.
Me: So what do you think of that?
Boomer: Dunno, he's still keeping us safe in he.

Liberals ran a s**t 4 year campaign headed by a former leader and with no credibility and a replacement from the Hillsong mob with even less cred. What did the liberal supporters expect.:)
Labor won , Libs crashed end of story . Get over it and look forward to another 8 years in the s**t can.

There's No tax incentive to make good money in Australia
If you work your ass off or put your balls on the line in business you just end up giving half to support the bludgers
Only way to minimise the tax is negative investment but that just leaves you constantly cash poor and working to feed the machine.
Luckily most Aussie's are hard working because it would be nowhere near the country it is if we relied on the bludgers , scammers and bleeding hearts

mohamad safa
@mhdksafa
·
Feb 26
Your taxes aren’t high because of schools or healthcare or food stamps. Your taxes are high because of rich people who game the system so they don’t have to pay their fair share.

no no no, the Gov. gives tax incentives so business will spend. I did nicely out of the covid incentives, $20,000 refund for doing and paying my BAS by the due date. 100% instant tax write off for my new MB X Class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liberals ran a sh*t 4 year campaign headed by a former leader and with no credibility and a replacement from the Hillsong mob with even less cred. What did the liberal supporters expect.:)
Labor won , Libs crashed end of story . Get over it and look forward to another 8 years in the sh*t can.

I dont know where you get your info but having spoken with the bloke (not a fan btw) he isn't from any church or church background. Having said that - he was a horrible candidate. Libs would have lost even with no COVID.

Liberals ran a sh*t 4 year campaign headed by a former leader and with no credibility and a replacement from the Hillsong mob with even less cred. What did the liberal supporters expect.:)
Labor won , Libs crashed end of story . Get over it and look forward to another 8 years in the sh*t can.
I hate you ya bastard because you are right.

I dont know where you get your info but having spoken with the bloke (not a fan btw) he isn't from any church or church background. Having said that - he was a horrible candidate. Libs would have lost even with no COVID.
True but not by that much, "the west" got their man.

True but not by that much, "the west" got their man.
If you remember back to last year Kerry Stokes was allowed to quarantine at home with his wife after flying back from Colorado.

Very friendly treatment after that.

Good business, good politics.

If you remember back to last year Kerry Stokes was allowed to quarantine at home with his wife after flying back from Colorado.

Very friendly treatment after that.

Good business, good politics.

actually, not only was Stokes able to quarantine at home, he attended a labor party fundraiser without even quarantining at all.

seriously.

You're perpetuating 2 ideas that, quite frankly, are bullshit.

1. That a good/qualified candidate (however good/qualified is defined) will make a good MP.

2. That a good/qualified candidate (again however tf these subjective measures are defined) will make good policy.

Not bullshit at all.

The quality of someone's achievements prior to entering politics is the ONLY way you can assess their suitability to be an MP.

If someone has never had a real job, been unemployed for significant stretches, this suggests they are not a good employee. If they then enter politics they are obviously going to have a lower chance of success than someone who has had a successful corporate career.

That is just common sense.

Might the unemployed donkey be a good MP? maybe. But the guy with a successful corporate career has runs on the board and will be the better MP 99 times out of 100.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back