Poll - Who would you rate as the weakest premiership side in the AFL era?

Which premiership team would you rate as the weakest of the AFL era?

• Collingwood 1990

Votes: 64 4.2%
  • Hawthorn 1991

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • West Coast 92-94

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Essendon 1993

Votes: 73 4.7%
  • Carlton 1995

Votes: 16 1.0%
  • North 96-99

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Adelaide 97-98

Votes: 126 8.2%
  • Essendon 2000

Votes: 34 2.2%
  • Brisbane 2001-2003

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Port 2004

Votes: 40 2.6%
  • Sydney 2005

Votes: 35 2.3%
  • West Coast 2006

Votes: 13 0.8%
  • Geelong 2007-2011

Votes: 14 0.9%
  • Hawthorn 2008

Votes: 28 1.8%
  • Collingwood 2010

Votes: 26 1.7%
  • Sydney 2012

Votes: 13 0.8%
  • Hawthorn 2013-2015

Votes: 25 1.6%
  • Bulldogs 2016

Votes: 494 32.1%
  • Richmond 2017

Votes: 509 33.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you still looking forward to Tom Lynch's announcement ?

Are the hawks still in the box seat to get him?
The desperation in your deflections is high amusing right now.

It is going to be hard for anything to poll besides the gifted 2016 flag and the 2017 fairytale armchair ride

It is going to be hard for anything to poll besides the gifted 2016 flag and the 2017 fairytale armchair ride
Being gifted two home finals and then a Victorian side without any key position players is the true example of an armchair ride.

I'd just like to take credit for alerting people to the view that the bookies and by extension the wider viewing public had of the Richmond flag in 2017.

The market had Richmond on the 4th line of betting for the 2018 flag and they got it spot on.

No other premier has been immediately overlooked for so many other clubs.

Weagles are already 2nd favourite for 2019 btw, clearly eclipsing the weakest premiers of all time, Richmond.

I'd just like to take credit for alerting people to the view that the bookies and by extension the wider viewing public had of the Richmond flag in 2017.

The market had Richmond on the 4th line of betting for the 2018 flag and they got it spot on.

No other premier has been immediately overlooked for so many other clubs.

Weagles are already 2nd favourite for 2019 btw, clearly eclipsing the weakest premiers of all time, Richmond.

you do realise Richmond finished ontop of the ladder 3 games clear ?

How old are you seriously?

how sad are you bumping a post from may? You don’t have much going outside of bigfooty do you champ?
Poor bastard.
Now now, dry your eyes mate.

You were all chest beating and blowing wind a few months back, and now when I have come to tell you that I was correct you're getting a bit emotional.

Me thinks that maybe the Bay isn't a good place for you right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you do realise Richmond finished ontop of the ladder 3 games clear ?

How old are you seriously?
Where exactly does this "3 games clear" trophy sit in your cabinet? Do you even have the room for such an illustrious piece of silverware?

Being gifted two home finals and then a Victorian side without any key position players is the true example of an armchair ride.

Gifted 2 home finals? Last i checked any team that finished top 2 gets 2 home finals

Then we all have to play at the Victorian cheat ground to give Victorian teams that egde up

How different the Geelong years would have been if Dank had not got you into contention

This is why 92 & 94 were beautiful flags

Now now, dry your eyes mate.

You were all chest beating and blowing wind a few months back, and now when I have come to tell you that I was correct you're getting a bit emotional.

Me thinks that maybe the Bay isn't a good place for you right now.
Those two have dished out their arrogance with a shovel for the last 12 months now they're both crying into a bottle when their own shovels have rebounded in their faces.

Ahh Geelong and hawks supporters, used to revel in winning flags but those days are long gone, now the only joy they get is saying each premier is weak. Quite sad really.
I'm not saying each premier is weak.

Richmond by far the weakest, as the bookies market suggested immediately after the 2017 GF....which is now proven.

Ahh Geelong and hawks supporters, used to revel in winning flags but those days are long gone, now the only joy they get is saying each premier is weak. Quite sad really.
So those 507 people that agree with me in the poll are all Hawthorn and Geelong supporters? Rightio.

Gifted 2 home finals? Last i checked any team that finished top 2 gets 2 home finals
Better check again.

it probably sits next to your " i made the finals but got pumped by Richmond cup"
Earth to blaisee, it was you who wanted to celebrate the hollow victory of a minor premiership.

Maybe you can have a "3 games clear on top" reunion in 10 years? Will there be a DVD?

Last edited:
Why don't you shed the light on it, you sound like you're an expert
Geelong don't get two home finals and 12 games a year on our home ground.

Back