Game Day Port v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Here we go again. Penultimate game of the H&A season, lots to play for. Collingwood attempting to secure their first finals berth since 2013, Port trying desperately to keep our heads above water in season 2018.

Expectations are suitably low for this one, especially after our forward line broke his leg last week. Nobody knows what our avenue to goal looks like. Ken seemed to think this was a good thing but I'm less convinced.

I'm tipping Collingwood by eleventy.

Watching it with my Collingwood mate while eating pizza but that's the only good thing about the day.

Hard to see us being anything other than dog s**t . I'm not even sure if winning is good for our future.

Such a odd game and season

Collingwood will get the jump on us in a similar manner to how Essendon do. We'll be down by around 50 early in the 2nd quarter. We'll peg it back slightly over the rest of the match, but Collingwood will keep us at bay and win by 32 points.

I am not confident but I am not all doom and gloom either.

The key to this game is our much vaunted midfield. We need Wines, Wingard, Polec, Motlop and Rockliff to play at their top together. It would be nice if one of these guys could have a 40+ possession game for a change. To achieve this we will probably need Ryder getting first hand to the ball which may or may not happen.

Dixon's injury is a blow as he usually plays well against Collingwood but he has not been the model of consistency this year. If Watts can fire up and Ken gets the structure right we may kick a high enough score to win. Yeah right, I think I have convinced myself we cannot win.

So for this weeks game I’m in Munich.
Currently at a beer hall and I’m thinking that I’m not going to be awake at 545am....

Anyway have a funny feeling we might fall over the line.
Sam Gray to score a match winning 4 goals.
Hoping that somehow Frampton comes in late and we either play Ryder mostly forward or not at all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today has to be for those who are seeing their opportunities slip away, such as Boak, Westhoff, Ebert and Robbie Gray.
It also has to be for Jay Schulz and J-Mac, we still owe them one.

Play like there is no other option but to win today.
No fear, no second guessing.
Not for us, for yourselves. And for them.
It has to be today.

Last edited:
Im getting my infected wisdom tooth cut out instead of going. Collingwood have no players left. I actually think we are going to win to prolong this stupid season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back