Rumour Possible recruiting targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
KEY FORWARDS, KEY FORWARDS AND MORE KEY FORWARDS!!!

im sure if we knock on a few doors and ask nicely one will get given to us.....

remind me who were the last 5 established key forwards who were traded in to clubs in the last ten years?

buddy - for 10million friggin dollars

tippett - well talented may be some stretch he has done sfa for sydney since but huge contract given to this guy

ummmmmmmmmmm

shultz - although he had done nothing until he came to port and is an extreme example as it was a case of a talented player whose early career was wracked with guilt and pressure.

wow i can think of two maybe three established key forwards who have been traded to another club in the past ten years.

established key forwards do not get traded very often at all.

if you want one , you have to draft them and develop them yourself.

I see that Jack Trengove has been left out of the Melbourne side for a second week now... could he be a realistic target for us?

I see that Jack Trengove has been left out of the Melbourne side for a second week now... could he be a realistic target for us?
mmm would be hard to do, especailly if we want KPP's this draft

But I'd take a

Trengove+there second rounder (or there end of first round PP, what i think they will get in the end)
for
our first two picks

dunno if that would get it done though

Probably more of a keep in touch thoughout his career until he is a FA

I am all for Levi coming back home. He would instantly fill that inside mid need that we have and will have mor when Dom retires.

So do I but I'm not holding out too much hope. This has been mentioned on this and other boards tons of times and nothing has come of it. He's otherwise a required player by the roos and looking at last week why not or rohde isn't after his type of player.

Last edited:
really the only key position ff that has been traded that has worked in the past is jay and really he was a no one when he was at richmond.
fev - well that turned sourer for brissy
dawes - has been lucky to see a game in a disappointing melbourne team
clarke - has now retired on a 2 mil contract
tippett - cant say sydney has got there money worth with his suspension and now injury (degenerate knee)
franklin - cant see sydney ever getting 10 mil from him even though a awesome player.

GWS will trade one of theirs for the right price. I'm guessing we are going to be at around 15 in the draft? Are the cards likely to fall that we can get a KPF that we rate or are we going looking at the 4th or 5th most likely?

really the only key position ff that has been traded that has worked in the past is jay and really he was a no one when he was at richmond.
fev - well that turned sourer for brissy
dawes - has been lucky to see a game in a disappointing melbourne team
clarke - has now retired on a 2 mil contract
tippett - cant say sydney has got there money worth with his suspension and now injury (degenerate knee)
franklin - cant see sydney ever getting 10 mil from him even though a awesome player.

Add Kennedy to west coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So right now, if we gave Buddy that contract Sydney offered and he accepted, would we be a legitimate contender for the flag over the next few years?

If we won a flag or two with him, would he be worth the investment?

This is a hypothetical but would be interested in thoughts. And I dont buy the 'he would fracture the playing group' theory for our boys but I am willing to concede it may happen within certain playing groups.

Buddy no I don't think he is the difference thinking midfields and defence win flags. Geelong didnt win a flag with the best forward there has ever been.

Carey never played for Geelong. :p

Only joking. I do think however that if Geelong could actually defend they would have won a flag or two. But thats another debate.

Last edited:
GWS will trade one of theirs for the right price. I'm guessing we are going to be at around 15 in the draft? Are the cards likely to fall that we can get a KPF that we rate or are we going looking at the 4th or 5th most likely?

Minimum I think we need to draft one and trade one, but we'll be hard up against Melbourne who look like having pick 1, possibly pick 2, maybe bloody pick pick 3 as well, significant cap room post Clark, have hardly sighted Dawes since they got him and can't get alleged next-big-thing Hogan on the park.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...draft-selections/story-fni5f91a-1226879331080

By "trade for KPF" I mean "someone likely to have a more positive impact over the next 5 years than Butcher, to get us closer to a flag sooner" (no more, no less, so spare me the disrespectful sorts of comments made in the other Butcher thread, OK?).

Assume the club won't do disruptive deals (Buddy) personalities (J Riewoldt) or the undisciplined or injury prone (Waite), and that next the level down of "marquee" type players are signed up until end 2016 (Ryder). Leaves the "surplus" from GWS/GC, Lycett from WC (out of contract this year), who else ?

Hmm. We might just have to draft a few and continue to bet the farm on Schulz's longevity and Butcher/Shaw/Harvey for the next 24 months...

Given the difficulty of trading for the sort of KPF who can make a difference are we going to spend that valuable trade time dealing for say a Greenwood ? I expect us to have a long look at where Newton, Gray2 are at, they're already here, surely you look at them first. Very happy to see Gray2 get a go; thought it may have been Newton "on form" I'm sure he'll get the opportunity he deserves.

Do you think Patton might be trade bait depending on the development of other Giants?

Pearce Hanley, Brodie Smith, Jack Darling, Sam Mayes, Andrew Walker, Scott Lycett, Cam Ellis Yolmen, Justin Clarke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back