Politics Post your radical manifesto

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the optimism.

I'd support raising the minimum voting age 2 years above your current age.
That would be just petty and vengeful, the sort of voting habits that we'd be able to stamp out by stopping the elderly from voting.

That would be just petty and vengeful, the sort of voting habits that we'd be able to stamp out by stopping the elderly from voting.
Much like your idea of excluding over 60's from voting.

I'm petty and vengeful in my early 40's. I'll take a stab in the dark that you're mid 20's.

Much like your idea of excluding over 60's from voting.

I'm petty and vengeful in my early 40's. I'll take a stab in the dark that you're mid 20's.
We exclude under 18's from voting ostensibly because their cognitive ability is not seen as developed enough to be trusted to make mature choices and they're heavily dependent on parents & guardians to live which can be said to create a pressure to vote in line with the household. When people are aging, they generally experience cognitive decline and rely on family members to take care of them creating the same conflictions as children living in the same house as their parents. Therefore, the elderly should not be able to vote past a certain age.

We exclude under 18's from voting ostensibly because their cognitive ability is not seen as developed enough to be trusted to make mature choices and they're heavily dependent on parents & guardians to live which can be said to create a pressure to vote in line with the household. When people are aging, they generally experience cognitive decline and rely on family members to take care of them creating the same conflictions as children living in the same house as their parents. Therefore, the elderly should not be able to vote past a certain age.
Yep, mid 20's for sure. Am I right or am I right?

Yep, mid 20's for sure. Am I right or am I right?
Yeah, dude you're spot on. I'm just not sure why you're saying it as if my mid-20's DINK life is not way better than some 40 year old dude with crotch goblins and I'm doing my best to not be mean about it.

How do you deal with those who cannot work for medical reasons that - for whatever reason - are insufficient to obtain a disability pension but who cannot work a full day on rural aggriculture? How do you deal with transportation on the immense geographic spans necessary to take unemployed - and therefore poor, who may not have a car - to those locations to do this aggriculture, considering their dispersal?

How do you avoid the appearance of state mandated slavery?
Obviously you make it optional, according to capability, and incentivised, including for initiative and leadership, because those are the qualities that we need to grow in the workforce. I’m not saying involve these people in rural agriculture, leave that to the mechanised experts, rural revegitation, and urban agriculture in suburban centres.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He made a solid argument in the last post you quoted. If his view is ridiculous you should easily be able to point out all the flaws in his argument. Please try. This is how we all learn.
Miserable crabs ruined your good thread, and I get thread banned for trying to provide a different perspective in the Ukraine thread, bigfooty srp board sums up why the world is going to s**t nicely.

Sure.

When you reach a certain age, say 60, you're struck off the voting register and no longer eligible to vote in local, state or federal elections.
Makes a lot of sense to me. I remember there was some controversy from Warrnambool where some LNP chud went through nursing homes coercing older people to vote LNP at the last federal election.

Banning the elderly from voting obviously has its merits if they're not capable of rational thought.

He made a solid argument in the last post you quoted. If his view is ridiculous you should easily be able to point out all the flaws in his argument. Please try. This is how we all learn.
No he didn't. The average 60 year old isn't at a stage of cognitive decline that places them on an equal footing with 18 year olds. He doesn't like the choices of older people so wants to cancel them. He's anti-choice.

I see a lot of that sentiment around these parts from entitled youth.

I'm sympathetic towards our youth in some ways, but some SRP posters make it difficult.

Makes a lot of sense to me. I remember there was some controversy from Warrnambool where some LNP chud went through nursing homes coercing older people to vote LNP at the last federal election.

Banning the elderly from voting obviously has its merits if they're not capable of rational thought.
60 is elderly?

I'm sympathetic towards our youth in some ways, but some SRP posters make it difficult.
Fortunately the peabrained cretins that inhabit this board are a tiny minority that is very unrepresentative of the broadly decent and thoughtful younger people out in the real world.

No he didn't. The average 60 year old isn't at a stage of cognitive decline that places them on an equal footing with 18 year olds. He doesn't like the choices of older people so wants to cancel them. He's anti-choice.

I see a lot of that sentiment around these parts from entitled youth.

A 17 year old has far better cognition then a 50 year old let alone a 60 year old. They have less emotional maturity but cognition is higher. They also care far more about the future given they will live 40 years longer.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back