Politics Post your radical manifesto

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullshit. How many 17 year olds do you know?
Come on that's a silly response. You are better then that. 17 year olds are preparing for their year 12 exams. I was probably smarter in that year then I am now. The peak age of mathmaticians is around mid 20s. A 17 year old is far closer to their peak maths abilities then a 60 year old.

And forget just 17 year olds. There are plenty of 15 year olds I would take over most adults. Even 13-14 year olds. Plenty of idiots in those groups too. Just like with adults.

And mental decline is obvious after 50. I could see it in all my parents and most of their friends clearly when they were around 60. They just weren't as switched on as they were when I was younger.

It's not only the cognitive decline and lack of care about making the world a better place. Old people become much fearful of change and this influences their political choices.

Come on that's a silly response. You are better then that. 17 year olds are preparing for their year 12 exams. I was probably smarter in that year then I am now. The peak age of mathmaticians is around mid 20s. A 17 year old is far closer to their peak maths abilities then a 60 year old.

And forget just 17 year olds. There are plenty of 15 year olds I would take over most adults. Even 13-14 year olds. Plenty of idiots in those groups too. Just like with adults.

And mental decline is obvious after 50. I could see it in all my parents and most of their friends clearly when they were around 60. They just weren't as switched on as they were when I was younger.

It's not only the cognitive decline and lack of care about making the world a better place. Old people become much fearful of change and this influences their political choices.
Certain aspects of cognition peak around 17 years old such as processing speed and short-term memory. Visual-spatial and abstract reasoning peak in mid-adulthood. Vocabulary, general information and domain-specific knowledge peak in late-adulthood.

Domain-specific knowledge tests indicate that older adults perform better than younger adults across most domains - particularly in domains such as arts and humanities which rely on crystallised knowledge - which peaks late in life. Younger adults perform better in scientific domains - such as chemistry, physics and biology - which rely on fluid intelligence - which peaks early in life.

Certain aspects of cognition peak around 17 years old such as processing speed and short-term memory. Visual-spatial and abstract reasoning peak in mid-adulthood. Vocabulary, general information and domain-specific knowledge peak in late-adulthood.

Domain-specific knowledge tests indicate that older adults perform better than younger adults across most domains - particularly in domains such as arts and humanities which rely on crystallised knowledge - which peaks late in life. Younger adults perform better in scientific domains - such as chemistry, physics and biology - which rely on fluid intelligence - which peaks early in life.
Learning capabilities of teens may be superior to 40 and 60 year olds, but they lack the knowledge and experience in many facets of life such as performing work, dealing with life issues, and functioning in relationships.

It's ludicrous to think the average 17 year olds opinion carries more weight than an average 40 year old. You're talking about a demographic that equates Greta Thunberg with scientists ffs.

The brain isn't fully developed until we reach our mid 20's. If a change is necessary, let's stop people voting before their mid 20's.

Learning capabilities of teens may be superior to 40 and 60 year olds, but they lack the knowledge and experience in many facets of life such as performing work, dealing with life issues, and functioning in relationships.

It's ludicrous to think the average 17 year olds opinion carries more weight than an average 40 year old. You're talking about a demographic that equates Greta Thunberg with scientists ffs.

The brain isn't fully developed until we reach our mid 20's. If a change is necessary, let's stop people voting before their mid 20's.
What do life issues and relationships have to do with politics?

and 17 year olds are far more educated then 60 year olds who have long forgotton a lot of what they learnt at school and werent taught all the latest knowledge humanity has acquired.

and no 17 year old equates greta thunberg With a scientist. Studies also show young people believe in science a lot more than older people who are skeptical.

a lot more 60 year olds than 17 year olds believe in magic super fairies in the sky, climate change isnt real and foreigners are to blame for most of societies problems. Yet you want to claim 60 year olds are more knowledgable.

Last edited:
half the workforce would quit within the weeks if they could get 70 thousand a year for free for life.

most peoples retirement goal is to retire once they can guarantee a certain annual payment for the rest of their life. That payment for most people would be less then 70 thousand. Thus once that rate is guaranteed then why would anyone keep working? It would be irrational to do so. Plus for those who have a higher goal then 70 thousand they too will now retire decades earlier or cut back annual work hours significantly.

sounds great all this leisure time created out of thin air.

Except magic doesnt exist and the whole economy implodes because no one is producing goods or services anymore which forces prices to sky rocket. Not 10 or 20 percent. But thousands or percent. Its happened before in a number of countries. Its not fiction.

communism failed because there was no incentive to work hard and do well. But there still was an incentive to work under communism. I.e the gun to the head if you did not. a high UBI is even worse then communism regarding work incentives because it gets rid of the incentive to work all together.

if such a system was implemented it would fall apart within weeks. Not years or months. But Weeks.

a lower ubi set at the welfare rate or only modestly higher does, however, have the potential to work. Because the system wont implode with everyone retiring.
Agree.

So what about the "delusional" such as the religious etc?
"reality TV" audiences?
QANON believers?
The UAP?
You can't ban just some of the mentally undeveloped or delusional.

There should be some form of test that a person must take before being allowed to have children.

You need a test to operate a pen, and a car, but you want to be responsible for raising a human being? yeah, I'm sure you'll be fine.

A 17 year old has far better cognition then a 50 year old let alone a 60 year old. They have less emotional maturity but cognition is higher. They also care far more about the future given they will live 40 years longer.
At 17 I was a heavy smoker. Didn't care at all about future me.

I have one written up that mostly addresses the form of government we should have.

1. No more local councils. It's an unnecessary level of bureaucracy in the digital age. Expanding state government to include the responsibilities of local council would be more cost-effective.

2. Representative democracy stays, but all citizens have the right to vote online for every bit of legislation passed by government (within a certain time frame, and not on emergency matters), and if more than 50% of people in an electorate vote differently to their elected representative, that parliamentary vote is changed. Every law passed is now beyond reproach as far as legitimacy goes.

3. One Supreme Commander is ruler for life (as long as it's ShanDog) and they can veto all legislation because 'they feel like it'.

4. Vastly increased social welfare spending that moves the welfare model closer to a Universal Basic Income model, removing many smaller means-tested entitlements.

5. Move to a four-day working week, but a lawfully required community activity involvement for every capable citizen. Nothing huge - everything from being part of a local sporting club to volunteering at a shelter or even licking postage stamps for the underwater basket weaving club's monthly newsletter. But something community-based.

6. Land and data tax system for large corporations.

7. Anyone with personal wealth levels exceeding $500m needs to spend the excess money on projects or charities in the public interest, lest they just be taxed that wealth directly. Call it the Musk/Gates principle. Use it for the common good or lose it.

8. Only Carlton may win.

9 & 10. Reserved for alcohol-induced epiphanies.

I want my mocha in the morning and a latte and a strong rumbalara in the evening…
I want my people to not follow but be inspired or else ‘shoot weapons’ to make a good point
I want my music to inspire me…make me remember, make me always feel the world around me

I have one written up that mostly addresses the form of government we should have.

1. No more local councils. It's an unnecessary level of bureaucracy in the digital age. Expanding state government to include the responsibilities of local council would be more cost-effective.

2. Representative democracy stays, but all citizens have the right to vote online for every bit of legislation passed by government (within a certain time frame, and not on emergency matters), and if more than 50% of people in an electorate vote differently to their elected representative, that parliamentary vote is changed. Every law passed is now beyond reproach as far as legitimacy goes.

3. One Supreme Commander is ruler for life (as long as it's ShanDog) and they can veto all legislation because 'they feel like it'.

4. Vastly increased social welfare spending that moves the welfare model closer to a Universal Basic Income model, removing many smaller means-tested entitlements.

5. Move to a four-day working week, but a lawfully required community activity involvement for every capable citizen. Nothing huge - everything from being part of a local sporting club to volunteering at a shelter or even licking postage stamps for the underwater basket weaving club's monthly newsletter. But something community-based.

7. Anyone with personal wealth levels exceeding $500m needs to spend the excess money on projects or charities in the public interest, lest they just be taxed that wealth directly. Call it the Musk/Gates principle. Use it for the common good or lose it.

8. Only Carlton may win.

9 & 10. Reserved for alcohol-induced
lawyers always like to be wordy…patchy at best when small details are forgotten..call me when you have all details written on paper..

8. Only Carlton may win.

9 & 10. Reserved for alcohol-induced epiphanies.
Alcohol induced epiphanies….random comments about clients will be followed up…guaranteed….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back