Prediction Potential 2020 retirees

After today I'd have to say Zaka and Hurley.
Hurley always starts slow. He was good in patches, but also lost a few key contests late on (once the midfield had stopped and freo added some pressure).
He'll likely go around another year at least, if not 2-3.

Zaka unlikely to retire, but his spot is likely to be under threat soon.

Buddy doesn’t have to serve out the deal to get paid that’s the risk the swans took

he could easily call it quits as his body is shot

The risk Sydney took is that the money from the deal has to come out of their salary cap until the deal ends.

If Franklin retired he wouldn’t be paid out the full amount for the remaining years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hurley always starts slow. He was good in patches, but also lost a few key contests late on (once the midfield had stopped and freo added some pressure).
He'll likely go around another year at least, if not 2-3.

Zaka unlikely to retire, but his spot is likely to be under threat soon.

The drug saga has really hurt us with Hurley’s contract. Signed till 2022 and probably paid based on his 2015 season where he was the best defender in the comp imo.

Jack Steven and Jenkins could be another

2 over 30 recruits who were brought on for 1 last tilt

Cats have plenty over 30 who could also go
Ablett, Taylor, Stanley, Henderson, touhy

They also still have Hawkins, danger, selwood
Danger and Hawkins look like theyll play a good while longer.
Tuohy as well.

The Hoff possibly Watts and McKenzie who was looking good so might survive.
Rockliff has a contract which might save him.

You mean like Higgins, Goldstein, Tarrant, Hall, Ziebell and Daw who'll all be 30 before next season starts?

You mean like Higgins, Goldstein, Tarrant, Hall, Ziebell and Daw who'll all be 30 before next season starts?
2 29 year olds in that list
I don’t think I included any in the cats one

Your other 4 are all contracted for at least 2 years each

From dees would expect Nathan jones is done maybe Nev Jetta and Hibberd

Steven and Jenkins are contracted for 2021 (admittedly Adelaide are paying most of jenkins) so I doubt it...ablett and Taylor will go and I suspect henderson will.
tuohy is durable and will play on.
Stanley could go but only if we trade in a better Rickman.

Can only really see Ben Jacobs retiring from North. I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see him getting back now.
We have a few players over 30, but they’re all playing good footy and contracted.

If lists are going to be cut and contracts torn up, any player over 30 at bottom 8 club will be Gina.
At the Blues that would mean Kruezar, Simpson & Murphy

If lists are going to be cut and contracts torn up, any player over 30 at bottom 8 club will be Gina.
At the Blues that would mean Kruezar, Simpson & Murphy

Players over 30 will still have value. It is not as clear cut as 30 and you’re gone.

At least one of that trio will go around again in 2021. Murphy obviously the most likely.

Can only really see Ben Jacobs retiring from North. I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see him getting back now.
We have a few players over 30, but they’re all playing good footy and contracted.

Some players prefer to quit while not so far from the top of their game, so while there's no obvious impending retirements from your list of older players, guys like Goldstein, Ziebell, Higgins or even Tarrant (pretty unlikely) could decide they want to go out on a high. If I had to guess though, I'd say only Jacobs retires for medical reasons

Some players prefer to quit while not so far from the top of their game, so while there's no obvious impending retirements from your list of older players, guys like Goldstein, Ziebell, Higgins or even Tarrant (pretty unlikely) could decide they want to go out on a high.
All contracted for another 2 years each, 2 of them re-signing in the last 6 months

as mentioned earlier Macmillan 29 out of contract would be in strife

All contracted for another 2 years each, 2 of them re-signing in the last 6 months

as mentioned earlier Macmillan 29 out of contract would be in strife
Not out of the question to retire while in contract, but does indicate their mindset for the moment. As I said, pretty unlikely any of them do retire anyway.

Macmillan will probably "retire" in the sense that the Roos won't give him another contract anyway surely. So many better players on your list that could be taking his spot in the 22 in 2021

Some players prefer to quit while not so far from the top of their game, so while there's no obvious impending retirements from your list of older players, guys like Goldstein, Ziebell, Higgins or even Tarrant (pretty unlikely) could decide they want to go out on a high. If I had to guess though, I'd say only Jacobs retires for medical reasons

They’re all contracted past this year. Goldy and Higgins only resigned at the end of last year (for multiple years). Ziebell is only 28 and still the captain. Tarrant is in career best form. None of those players will retire.

Not out of the question to retire while in contract, but does indicate their mindset for the moment. As I said, pretty unlikely any of them do retire anyway.

Macmillan will probably "retire" in the sense that the Roos won't give him another contract anyway surely. So many better players on your list that could be taking his spot in the 22 in 2021
Yep retire is the nice polite way to get Macmillan off the list.
As no one would want him if delisted anyway

Goes with a bit of grace

Back