Predictions for Finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Callan Ward will remind us all just how good we thought he will be with a great finals series. He is made for hard, tough, pressure football which is what finals are all about.

The wet weather will suit him to a tee.

Go the Ward kiddy.

Unfortunatley if its wet its not going to suit Bazza. We got him in for this exact situation, big forward to dominate the finals.

Huddo going to be a key for us, played very well in the wet in Adelaide so here's hoping he reproduces and dominates again for us.

Interesting to see how johnno plays, unfortunatley if he is not 100% can see him being a liability in the forward line for us.

Big game needed by Gilbee this week, no Morris means he is going to have to step up and take on the dangeorus Davis or Didak.

I reckon Eagleton is going to have a good game. Has been fairly consistent since coming back into the side and is showing some good signs. He is pretty good in the wet, and pretty good in the dry. So whatever weather he will be fine.
Looking for a blinder from the bald one.

I reckon Callan Ward will remind us all just how good we thought he will be with a great finals series. He is made for hard, tough, pressure football which is what finals are all about.

The wet weather will suit him to a tee.

Go the Ward kiddy.

IMO, Griff is the man for the 2010 finals.

He's shown a 'big game' mentality in the past by performing pretty well for past finals...

But he must know that it's 'on him' this year to perform, given we don't have the Coon Dog. He is our #1 star, so to speak.

Hope he has a ****ing blinder against the Pies.

Well one thing is for sure if this guy doesn't put together the best month of footy of his career we are shot to pieces as with Morris out he will be playing on the likes of Cloke, Goodes, Roughead, Mooney and Riewoldt....Tommy Williams.

If the team lines up as selected we will have 4 finals debutants: Williams, Addison, Grant and Wood. I wouldn't be surprised if Addison did a tagging job and allow Picken to be more attacking.

Ward showed signs last week of being back to last year's form and we need a big game from him. Harbrow looked good in the middle so he should stay there. Skills and pace haven't been our strong points this year, so we won't be disadvantaged as much if it is wet. But Hall will need to improve on his 0 goals in 2 wet weather games this year.

In my dreams

Ward is B.O.G
Gia and Grant kick 4 each
Lake dominates the back half
Picken keeps Swan to under 20 touches

In my nightmares

Harry O monsters Jarrad Grant
Travis Cloke kills Williams and kicks straight
We don't tag Swan and he racks up 38

Keys are to negate Shaw and O'Brien rebounding out of defence and kicking down the flanks.

And if they do get the ball out to the flanks then to stop the likes of Cloke and Dawes.

So gutted we don't have Morris. He is a critical loss for us but i'm sure Williams is up to the job with Bob Murphy and Hahn providing the chop out. Lake will obviously go to the opposide tall forward and will have to play them extremely tight early to give us a chance.

Would love to see Hahn swung forward (i'm sure he will be) to give us another tall marking option other than Big Bad.

Would love to see Hahn swung forward (i'm sure he will be) to give us another tall marking option other than Big Bad.

Hahn played up forward in round 11 and was completely owned by Maxwell.

We only got into the game when Lake went forward and matched up on Maxwell and gave him something to think about. At the same time Hahn went back and struggled on the goliath that is Leroy Brown.

Hahn played up forward in round 11 and was completely owned by Maxwell.

We only got into the game when Lake went forward and matched up on Maxwell and gave him something to think about. At the same time Hahn went back and struggled on the goliath that is Leroy Brown.

We can only hope that the slow track tomorrow night after the deluge will suit Hahn and Johnno and bring everyone back to their speed levels. I can't see Rocket playing both Hahn and Johnno (and Higgins for that matter) in our forward line at the same time, as they don't put enough forward pressure on.

I think Hahn will have to stay down back on either a Dawes or Brown, and just play a defensive mindset all night, thumping the ball to the boundary. I was at the game against Essendon and although he did some good things, I can't believe how much he has slowed during the year.

Brad Johnson to have an influence on the game- kicking a few goals. This will shut up all those knobs in Bay13 giving him constant crap all year! Stick it up 'em Johnno!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back