Preferred Prime Minister

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by goaldrush
Would you prefer a sourpuss to somebody who is honest? I would prefer an honest person to a sourpuss anyday. The ALP suck

Honest???

As in Core promises and non-core promises?
As in there will NEVER EVER be a GST?
As in NO sale of Telstra???
As in the Children Overboard affair???

Explain the backflip on these porkies he has PROVEN to lied about. Honest? You really can't see past your nose.

Originally posted by Goldenblue
Honest???

Explain the backflip on these porkies he has PROVEN to lied about. Honest? You really can't see past your nose.
Excuse me but didn't we vote in John Howard? Have you had the chance to meet the PM yet? You will be proven wrong on your judgment GB.

I'd prefer John Howard to Simon "The Complainer" Crean anyday. Crean had better learn to keep his mouth shut and be a little more supportive.

Excuse me but didn't we vote in John Howard?

We? Who is we? I Certainly didn't vote for him!

I'd prefer John Howard to Simon "The Complainer" Crean anyday. Crean had better learn to keep his mouth shut and be a little more supportive.

Yeah, you are right Suze. The leader of the opposition should always be supportive of the government. Who on earth does Simon Crean think he is!

Excuse me but didn't we vote in John Howard? Have you had the chance to meet the PM yet? You will be proven wrong on your judgment GB.

In fact Suzi, I have voted for Howard and voted against him. I think its best you stay away from the S&C boards, you are clearly out of your depth.

If you are happy to vote for a man so mistrustworthy, that is your choice, but to make him look like an angel, you are a bigger fool than I took you for.

Me and a few million Australians you need to prove wrong.

I suppose John Howard is your cousin too and this is why you are supportive of him? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We live in a DEMOCRATIC country here, and you are telling me I have to support Howard? Go back to your other thread Suzi about communism, look at the word despot, look at the mirror and put 2 and 2 together.

I am a swinging voter and proud to be one. It is us as swinging voters that form the Australian governments. Not the Libs and ALP strictly only supporters.

Homer: These aren't real Clinton and Dole, they're SPACE ALIENS!!!
(Everyone gasps)
Kodos: It's a two party system, you have to vote for one of us!
Random guy: He's right!!!
Other guy: Well I believe I might vote for a third party!
Kang: Go ahead. Throw your vote away!
(Everyone mutters in shock)

CUT TO
(Humanity is enslaved, The Simpsons are chained up and being whipped by a space alien)

Marge: I still don't understand why we have to build a huge laser to point at some star that I don't know to destroy a planet I've never heard of (Gets whipped) OOOOWWW!

Homer: Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!

To single Howard out as untrustworthy is a joke. The Nation has given him their trust and his rating is high!!!!!

Now take Hawke and Keating and the backstabbing that went on between them!!! Now that's distrust for you.
Labour in WA getting elected on more police and no new taxes or tax increases. That's mistrust for you.

The fact at Frederal level is that no matter what you think of Howard he is miles better than any alternative we have. Maybe if Beazley comes back there will be a credible alternative.

In fact Suzi, I have voted for Howard and voted against him. I think its best you stay away from the S&C boards, you are clearly out of your depth.

If you are happy to vote for a man so mistrustworthy, that is your choice, but to make him look like an angel, you are a bigger fool than I took you for.

Me and a few million Australians you need to prove wrong.

I suppose John Howard is your cousin too and this is why you are supportive of him? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We live in a DEMOCRATIC country here, and you are telling me I have to support Howard? Go back to your other thread Suzi about communism, look at the word despot, look at the mirror and put 2 and 2 together.

I am a swinging voter and proud to be one. It is us as swinging voters that form the Australian governments. Not the Libs and ALP strictly only supporters.
I think that the only party that is untrustworthy is the ALP. face it all they do is carry on like school children.
I voted for the Liberals because I am loyal to them. I have met John Howard. I like John Howard.
I wouldn't be surprised if you liked Pauline Hanson.

I think that the only party that is untrustworthy is the ALP. face it all they do is carry on like school children.
I voted for the Liberals because I am loyal to them. I have met John Howard. I like John Howard.

Frodo, you are a Lib through and through. You forget the fracas the Libs were when Hawke was in power, a complete rabble who went through leadership changes than any other time in politics.
Howard / Pea**** / Howard / Pea****/ Downer / Hewson/ Howard. That is a rabble mate. At least I look at both sides of the coin, not just selective memory. That was a party of school children at the time.

Honestly mate, you can not say Howard never has lied, ie: Telstra, GST, Children overboard? If you lie, you are untrustworthy and Howard fits the bill. Hawke and Keating are past and belong there. Little Johnny a$$licker is under the spotlight now.

Admit at least Howard has lied. You Lib people through and through never put aside your complete biased opinion and never see past your nose. You always have to look in the past and blame Hawke and Keating. Those 2 did some good things for the country as well as stuff it up. Howard however has lied time and time again to the Australian public, you have to admit that.

Suzi, you are no better, though at least when Frodo or Bee talk about politics they know what they are talking about. Your opinions have no basis whatsoever. You are simply out of your depth here.

As for Hanson, I never voted for her. It's ironical that you say that, after all, it was the Liberals that stole some of her ideas to nullify her party. In other words, The Liberal party consists of One Nation elements.

I love being a swinging voter and not someone who believes the Libs are born to rule or the ALP are the messiahs.

Originally posted by Frodo
To single Howard out as untrustworthy is a joke. The Nation has given him their trust and his rating is high!!!!!

Seeing you like to use this comment....lets go back to 1985...

Hawke 68% approval rating
Pea**** 27% approval rating.

If the Libs are so good, why did they take 13 years to get back into power???

Honest???

Eh backflips and lies are 2 different things. The overboard can be classed as a lie. But the others are backflips. There is a difference. I have no problems with any business or govt leader changing their policy if it makes sense. I'm happy he did on the GST. Disappointed that Telstra has been half baked. BTW, GST was announced as a policy platform BEFORE an election - no idea why you see this a lie or backflip.
He has only lied once from your examples, and even that one is not so clear.

Preferred Prime Minister.

Suzi.
you are becoming quite Wierd these days,Why is that?.
And
I am Pauline Hanson!!!!!!!!!!.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by knuckles
Eh backflips and lies are 2 different things. The overboard can be classed as a lie. But the others are backflips. There is a difference. I have no problems with any business or govt leader changing their policy if it makes sense. I'm happy he did on the GST. Disappointed that Telstra has been half baked. BTW, GST was announced as a policy platform BEFORE an election - no idea why you see this a lie or backflip.
He has only lied once from your examples, and even that one is not so clear.

Policy backflips...yeah right.

His intention was to go to the election sprouting these lies and then change it AFTER he was elected. He told the Australain public there would be no sale of Telstra just to help him get voted in with the intention of changing the policy once he was in.

That good man is a decietful lie.

Re: Preferred Prime Minister.

Originally posted by Bombers 2003
Suzi.
you are becoming quite Wierd these days,Why is that?.
And
I am Pauline Hanson!!!!!!!!!!.
I hate Pauline Hanson.

I will PM you

...and all this time I thought Pauline Hanson was just Johnny in his wife's dress and a wig expressing what he *really* thought about immigrants. :eek:

Frodo, you are a Lib through and through. You forget the fracas the Libs were when Hawke was in power, a complete rabble who went through leadership changes than any other time in politics.
Howard / Pea**** / Howard / Pea****/ Downer / Hewson/ Howard. That is a rabble mate. At least I look at both sides of the coin, not just selective memory. That was a party of school children at the time.

Honestly mate, you can not say

Well, I voted once for Hawke and I have voted once locally in upper house for one nation so I'm not Liberal through and though but do tend that way and see no credible alternative now. I don't rate Downer and thought Fraser was woeful. Pea**** was made to look good by Keating but you are correct that Keating/Hawke survived more due to opposition incompetency than their own merit and I think the same applies to Howard today..

I can't see that Howard has been dishonest, or at least not by political standards. Yes promises have been broken, minds changed and policies ammended. A government has to be flexible to the continuing changing needs of the community. I definately refute any dishonesty by Howard with respect to the overboard situation.
You see the USA could be called liars because the WAR didn't start with 'Shock and Awe' as promised. But it really is NOT dishonesty. They needed to respond to changing situations.

Originally posted by BrisGirl
If they stood against each other today, who would be your pick?

I think a more appropriate question would be if they stood against each other today, who would be your p r i c k? :p

Originally posted by Frodo
Well, I voted once for Hawke and I have voted once locally in upper house for one nation so I'm not Liberal through and though but do tend that way and see no credible alternative now. I don't rate Downer and thought Fraser was woeful. Pea**** was made to look good by Keating but you are correct that Keating/Hawke survived more due to opposition incompetency than their own merit and I think the same applies to Howard today..

I can't see that Howard has been dishonest, or at least not by political standards. Yes promises have been broken, minds changed and policies ammended. A government has to be flexible to the continuing changing needs of the community. I definately refute any dishonesty by Howard with respect to the overboard situation.
You see the USA could be called liars because the WAR didn't start with 'Shock and Awe' as promised. But it really is NOT dishonesty. They needed to respond to changing situations.

Thanks for your reply Frodo.

I was actually thinking about this thread last night and thought about how the wheel turns. The ALP of today are exactly like the Libs of the 80s and very early nineties.

Though I do agree with the comment that we need a viable and credible opposition, and thats what the ALP can not provide for us right now. The Greens are taking over that mantle at the moment, but we all know they will never govern the country.

Crean needs to go, there must be someone who can lead that party from the wilderness, but till then, Johhny and his mates are going to rule the roost.

Its fairly irrelevant as neither of these will be standing in my electorate.

If (god forbid) we directly elected the prime minister, I'd vote for Crean out of these two. Not that I think Crean would be a good PM, but I think Howard is a reprehensible bastard.

One Nation eh Frodo? Why am I not surprised :)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back