Game Day Preliminary Final, 2022 - Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can talk history and personnel to see reasons why its justifiable to have some genuine optimism regarding tonight.

But, to see the one thing that my mind keeps reflecting on happened last week....

Despite a ripping third quarter fightback, with roughly a minute to go, the Dees had kicked 2 straight to put a 12 point gap in the contest.

Now, even a year ago, that likely would have broken us. Our stirring comeback derailed and rebutted.

Not only did it not break us, we then kicked 2 in a minute to finish the term level.

You talk about next level?

That's it, right there.

People say they can't see Geelong losing?

I don't see how they can WIN :D

Weatherzone a great app for any weather watchers. Has hour by hour rain probability and is pretty accurate.

Oh and it has the rain basically clearing between 7 and 8… so slippery but not raining.

4hrs
Happy Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Is it too early yet?

Done all my jobs on the farm, I've given myself the - all clear.

I realise I've gone early but I've sat down now so can I please have my first drink?

It's been a very long day my friends.
Have as many as you like my friend 🦁

Raining at Docklands, windy on the eighth floor and bloody cold.

Thermals for me.

Might head to Crown if we win but if they do not have a replay it's home to my 82 inch TV

I'm in Docklands too. If you see some idiot walking around in a Lions jersey, probably me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually think the wet is to our detriment given the way we’ve played lately and the way we’ve tried to move the ball. Hopefully it dries up a little bit. MCG does drain well.

Just got home from work, and the replay of Oz v France Davis Cup is on. THEY PLAYED THE LIONS SONG. I take that as an omen :D .

Reckon we are a real chance. Go Lions

Yes but did the Lions song win?....I only watched live (not much sleep) until the end of the 2nd set...was even stevens at that stage.

..also, just drizzling here in fits and starts but windy and cold. We need our Ballarat boys to be on fire and put out the rain!

edit: heavy rain atm

Last edited:
Wet weather will be our ally tonight I reckon. Sure you can say they've had plenty of rest... but they are old, tired bodies. I hope we come out with some big hits, push them down into the mud, hold them and give them little niggles all night long. Make sure every time they get up it's hard on them old Cat bodies.

Also if anything playing 1 game in three weeks is probably not ideal... just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back