Women's Footy Preliminary Final, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Really really gutsy win.

Special effort by many tonight. Campbell worked her heart out. Orla was courageous. Hodder’s tackling shouldn’t be underrated. Ellinger is top tier. Dawes was just unbelievable with her efforts to impact contest after contest. Mullins just looks like she belongs and will get better. Grider just worked and worked. Boltz played some critical moments. Dakota doesn’t look good, such a shame but we can hope.

When the siren went the girls seemed genuinely overcome with the emotion.

It appears the Geelong board thinks that one questionable unpaid free to them on the wing in the last two minutes cancels out the run of the green they got for the previous 3.9 quarters.

One poster has “lost all respect for Brisbane” as a result. Oh no!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been the worst season for AFLW umpiring by quite a margin. It feels like the AFL is trying to engineer the rules to sway the flow of the game and open it up more but it seems to have the opposite effect and no one knows what the interpretations even are any more.

Brisbane have made 5 out of 7 AFLW Grand Finals. This is the clubs third Grand Final in a year. Last year’s AFLW Grand Final this year’s AFL and AFLW Grand Final.

Just back home from the game.
6,100 tickets sold attendance only 4,900 but still a good crowd.
Just need Adelaide to win tomorrow and we get a home GF next week.

It was a gutsy win in the end from the Lions.
However, we need to do better next week in regard to marks inside 50.
Only one to 3/4 time.
Just two in the last quarter one to Smith and shortly after one to Cambell who slotted what turned out the winning goal.
It was a pressure game from the start to the finish with both sides given little space to dispose of the ball.

Watching live, Daws BOG but i want to see the replay to understand better how the game was played out.

Well done ladies making another Grand Final.

Best games I’ve seen from both Dawes and O’Dwyer. Massive.

Worst games I’ve ever seen from every single umpire. Putting the whistle away is not the answer.

Agree to the above but have to give kudos to our coaching staff - Starce's collingwood DNA has him teaching the girls to just scrag and infringe in the last minute and not have a free paid against. Pure McRae magic.

Before the rest of you yell at me I think there were lots of bad decisions both ways all night, and we probably had the worst of it in the second half.

This has been the worst season for AFLW umpiring by quite a margin. It feels like the AFL is trying to engineer the rules to sway the flow of the game and open it up more but it seems to have the opposite effect and no one knows what the interpretations even are any more.
I think you forgot about the umpiring in the GF against Dogs....nothing could ever beat that.

Brisbane Lions first team to have their Men’s and Women’s teams make the Grand Final in the same year.

Geelong people complaining about a non-holding the ball is the irony I needed to start my day. Didn't take long for a Lions supporter to reply...

Last quarter ball is in Lions forward 50 Orla gets taken high had to go off no free kick.

Back