Review Grand Final, 2023 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Also I'm thinking votes are worth double for the grand final!
It's this on the fly rule making that calls the credibility of this award into doubt. If Neale wins our player of the year award over Bontempelli I'm creating a main board thread!

It's this on the fly rule making that calls the credibility of this award into doubt. If Neale wins our player of the year award over Bontempelli I'm creating a main board thread!
I'm also renaming the award to the ZoBlitz Player of the Year award just fyi.

I love our boys, I love our club and I’m so proud they never gave in.

If by any chance a single Lions clubmen reads this, please let the boys know how much we love them for their effort.

Next year boys. Next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair Collingwood should have won by 5 goals. Even though the game was close it never really felt like we were in it. Midfield was poor, lots of silly decisions but hopefully we will bounce back bigger and better next year. Need to find a couple of midfielders quick or we won’t be winning a flag anytime soon.

Feel for you and your team. Wanted Fagan to win as senior coach and the extra Hawthorn connection with Birchall as your runner.

The advantage call was dumbfounding. Time and again the umpires lifted for Collingwood and that was a crucial call.

To be fair Collingwood should have won by 5 goals. Even though the game was close it never really felt like we were in it. Midfield was poor, lots of silly decisions but hopefully we will bounce back bigger and better next year. Need to find a couple of midfielders quick or we won’t be winning a flag anytime soon.

Never really replaced Ashcroft when he went down, we just don't have the depth through there to replace him. Lyons made a huge difference when he came on.

Still gutted.

Collingwood had Daicos, de Goey, Mitchell, Pendlebury, Sidebottom and the other Daicos all run through the middle and have an influence

We had Neale, Dunkley and Clug all fairly average with no support.

And Oscar was stuffed after the first quarter

Back