Preview GRAND FINAL - Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions • Saturday 30 September 2023 • 2:30 PM • Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time tomorrow…
Sick Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
I already feel ill.

Hope our visitors from interstate who dropped into the G for the first time for the captains run loved the experience (wait til there’s 100k in there tomorrow), as well as the parade and festivities.

We were right in front of the protesters who jumped in front of the car with Josh Kennedy and the cup 🤦‍♂️👎

Hope our visitors from interstate who dropped into the G for the first time for the captains run loved the experience (wait til there’s 100k in there tomorrow), as well as the parade and festivities.

We were right in front of the protesters who jumped in front of the car with Josh Kennedy and the cup 🤦‍♂️👎
We were in the same spot but couldn’t get within 20 metres of the parade

Thanks for the posts from Melbourne, I've never been to a grand final. It sounds amazing. I'm feeling really excited for tomorrow, hopefully the team and supporters can wind down a bit tonight and get some rest!!!

Hazard a guess my night will - go to bed at 10:30pm. Wake up at 12am, check the clock. Fall back asleep about 1am. Wake up at 1:30am, check the clock. Struggle to fall asleep again so watch the last quarter of our 02/03 GF. If lucky fall asleep again, wake up about 4:30am. Think * it may as well stay up now, crack my first beer 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hazard a guess my night will - go to bed at 10:30pm. Wake up at 12am, check the clock. Fall back asleep about 1am. Wake up at 1:30am, check the clock. Struggle to fall asleep again so watch the last quarter of our 02/03 GF. If lucky fall asleep again, wake up about 4:30am. Think * it may as well stay up now, crack my first beer 😂
Gives you a great chance to be the first poster on the Game Day thread, which will be bumped for years to come if our boys prevail.. 🙂

Curious about how the MCG compares to the old Roman colosseum.

MCG 171m x 146m
Colosseum 189m x 156m

Capacity
MCG - 100k
Colosseum - 50k -80k depending on the source

wonder if the G will still be standing in 2000 years :think:

I have played that captains run video nearly non stop singing away with the crowd!

...and if we win tomorrow, next weekend when I leave Melbourne, I'm going to play Country Road all the way along the Western H/way as it takes me home where I belong.....now

sorry, Im very emotional today. I'm happy and sad all at once. :) silly woman!

Idk how to upload a video to this god forsaken website but I have a short video of Fagan who came out early to set up a drill and the crowd chanting fagan over and over.

How does that compare to a normal captain's run down there

Todays Captain run was amazing. I’ve been fortunate enough to be the last training in Melbourne for the previous Finals games and some home away runs and this was at another level today. Standing ovation for Fagan was lovely and Fages looked surprised and appreciative. Didn’t go to the parade but there was a massive amount of supporters in the precinct area for the footy festival post training run. Walked past a Collingwood supporter out of the ground who was on the phone and said “I’m a bit worried about how many Lions supporters there are”. Yeh mate let’s hope so

Idk how to upload a video to this god forsaken website but I have a short video of Fagan who came out early to set up a drill and the crowd chanting fagan over and over.
Any footage indicating Gunston will be a late in that you can upload and fail?

Still doesn't feel real to be honest even though the game is less than 24 hours away. I'm gonna be too excited to sleep tonight.

Cheers to everyone who've posted photos from the open training sesh and the parade - to say I'm jealous would be beyond an understatement.

Still doesn't feel real to be honest even though the game is less than 24 hours away. I'm gonna be too excited to sleep tonight.

Cheers to everyone who've posted photos from the open training sesh and the parade - to say I'm jealous would be beyond an understatement.

The best part is despite how loud the Pies fans were, it truly felt like water of a ducks back. Felt like it's a team full of absolute belief.

Curious about how the MCG compares to the old Roman colosseum.

MCG 171m x 146m
Colosseum 189m x 156m

Capacity
MCG - 100k
Colosseum - 50k -80k depending on the source

wonder if the G will still be standing in 2000 years :think:
Colosseum nearly as big as VFL Park. That is impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back