Preview GRAND FINAL - Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions • Saturday 30 September 2023 • 2:30 PM • Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the 2002 GF highlights. Jeeze the Pies team was top shelf - goes to show how good we were.
My favourite grand final moment was late in the 02 GF. When the goal was not kicked by Rocca. Yelling “sit down you gonzos it was a point” to the woods supporters in front of us. We were high up behind the goals. Hilarious, thrilling and a bit scary all at once.

All those heading to the game make sure to warm up your vocal cords!

Missed opportunity by the AFL not letting teams have goal songs IMO. Country Roads has become an iconic part of Australian sport. Should embrace it.

I was just wondering, would it be fair to say “THE LID IS OFF” or are we still keeping a lid on it?

It will also be interesting to see how early people go with this one.

1695969163307.png

Watching the 2002 GF highlights. Jeeze the Pies team was top shelf - goes to show how good we were.

Notice how they don't play the 2003 GF... would still be giving Collingwood fans nightmares. At the event I went to in 2003, a few pies supports came dressed in gold jackets. By half time they were in the bin.

Any footage indicating Gunston will be a late in that you can upload and fail?

Listen, I’m not too proud to admit I’ve learnt some valuable lessons about my limitations ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite grand final moment was late in the 02 GF. When the goal was not kicked by Rocca. Yelling “sit down you gonzos it was a point” to the woods supporters in front of us. We were high up behind the goals. Hilarious, thrilling and a bit scary all at once.
And it was absolutely freezing .

I have played that captains run video nearly non stop singing away with the crowd!

...and if we win tomorrow, next weekend when I leave Melbourne, I'm going to play Country Road all the way along the Western H/way as it takes me home where I belong.....now

sorry, Im very emotional today. I'm happy and sad all at once. :) silly woman!
Not silly at all Macmum
We are all with you
Go Lionsssssss

Not silly at all Macmum
We are all with you
Go Lionsssssss
I have played that captains run video nearly non stop singing away with the crowd!

...and if we win tomorrow, next weekend when I leave Melbourne, I'm going to play Country Road all the way along the Western H/way as it takes me home where I belong.....now

sorry, Im very emotional today. I'm happy and sad all at once. :) silly woman!
You are not on your own ,I have been emotional all week and Country Roads sung in the crowd gives me goosebumps .
Charlie must be so nervous .

Good luck tomorrow.
I have been a John Denver fan all my life but as a pies supporter I feel very conflicted about tomorrow. We all know that you’ll country roads after a Charlie goal but after he’s 5th can you sing a different verse please.

You know you will sing it. Just embrace it!

The lid was off when we made the grand final - I want to win it but considering where we were for a decade, I'm proud of the boys and we are in with a shot.
That’s what I thought!
THE LID IS OFFICIALLY OFF!

I can’t help feeling that tomorrow we will release an unstoppable FOOTBALL TSUNAMI, backed by four years of Finals experience and big game ‘learnings’.

Our team is settled, strong, in form and I detect a steely resolve. WE ARE GOING TO MURDER COLLINGWOOD tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back