Women's Footy Grand Final, 2023 - North Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the game, loved it !
laughed at the Norf supporters with all the new merch they had purchased, leaving the tags on too
Asked them why they were leaving when the game hadn’t finished… got told to F off by some old bloke, he may have been upset that I referred to the Roos as roadkill !
Young lads behind us, had no idea, couple of soccer nuffies that must have come with the one Norf supporting friend, one kept referring to the Ref instead of umpire and then asked if they changed ends at 1/4 time….

Lastly what an epic win by the Lions !
and yes Daks took her time with the crowd, stopped for everyone for a photo , she took the phone and allowed the recipient to hold her medal, needless to say, we got a snap, very special moment

Just a reflection on Tahlia Hickie. She did a huge amount of work this season in the ruck and kept on going despite being blocked out of the contest by so many opposition rucks who knew she could out jump them. Decent umpiring would have put a stop to that.

Really impressive the work she did each week. She is such an improved player.

I believe Oscar is the ruck coach.

I wonder whether we would be interested in a player like hoskings as that tough contested midfielder?

Three parts to this article all interesting

I will start off by stating that I don't watch AFLW, but reading the article and listening to Nicole Livingstone recently, IMO expectations of rapid growth need to be tempered, I agree with Craig in that the product needs to build audience support, I would have thought for H&A games there would be some atmosphere with crowds around 5 to 6,000 at suburban venues as opposed to an Optus or MCG venue.
I stand to be corrected but I understand the minimum pay at the end of the new CBA for AFLW will be in excess of $70,000 with higher tier players attracting six figure salaries. This should hopefully improve the overall depth and quality of the competition and ultimately the product, but all things considered, length of season, crowd attendance, merchandise sales, TV ratings etc, I believe the players income is arguably aligned with where the product currently is. Perhaps the AFLW should look at commencing about a month or so after the AFL and where possible play curtain raisers to expose itself to a larger/broader live audience.

Back