Game Day Grand Final, 2023 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I became a moderator back in 2014.

In this time I've created 189 gameday threads, 201 review threads and made over 3000 roster thread posts.

There's been Dayne Beams trade periods, constant uncompetitive football, finals disappointments, players wanting to leave and the variety of poster reactions that come from all of that...

I've even had to infract Tairy Greene for a post he made while we were watching the football in the same room.

I didn't think I've ever get to post this particular thread...

It's game day, Grand Final 2023. Lions vs Pies.

Let's gooooo!

Good luck fellas give em hell.

Harris Andrews will have his hands full around 5.30pm

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watching this from New York City at 12.30am today. Missing home a lot today. I was too young to appreciate our three-peat but have been riding all the bumps over the years. Proud of our boys for making it to this day and quietly confident I’ll be partying all night long when we lift up the cup 🏆

Ps - Shout out to the mods and all of your fans for keeping us overseas tragics connected on here.

I'm so damn proud of our boys. Got a special feeling about this one! Expecting Lachie to play his best game of the year. The image I'm looking forward to the most is Lester getting his turn to hold the cup. He's poured his heart and soul into this club and has never given up, showing hard work can beat pure talent.

Cam to kick 4 and break someone's ribs. Lions by 45 :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well my prediction in the other thread panned out pretty much as expected. Was in bed just before 10pm, fell asleep relatively quickly. Woke up bit after midnight (thanks to kid #2 who decided to use our en-suite dunny). Nodded off about 12.30am, woke up again about an hour later, rinse and repeat through to 5am when I decided to just get up. Garmin watch informs me my body battery level is 23/100 and I need to schedule some rest time today (LOL). Bout an hour and a half from now will be on the train into town, pub at 9.30, quite a few beers before wandering across to the G about 1pm. From that point onwards who the * knows 😂

Any updates on Lincoln Mccarthy ? Seems like a good roughie for Norm Smith. If he plays.

Also, please win.
Recovered from his injury and training well and is playing today - I feel for Payne and rich but understand it’s a grand final so you need your team 100%.

Feeling calm, hoping for a win and think we can get this done- let’s do it for zorks 250th…

Last edited:
It's been a long road. I was at the gabba in 2017 when the crows absolutely killed us. Stayed till the end just watching for a glimmer of hope. Never gave up. Then to be there at the port game 3 weeks ago to see the crowd difference for the Charlie double was surreal. Very proud of the boys and hope today we come out on top.

Whatever happens today I'm proud to call myself a Lion's fan. Let's freakin goooo.

Sent from my moto g51 5G using Tapatalk

Up nice and early and so excited for today. First Grand Final for myself and my two boys. Before Fagan came to our club this day seemed a lifetime away. So to Fages and the coaching staff and everyone else involved at the club - well done and a big thank you for getting us to the big day.

Like most Lions fans I am nervous for today. However, I am confident we can win. We have been the in form side for the past 2 months. The players are confident in themselves - teammates and the game plan.

I feel like the weather will play a part. Going to be 29 degrees today and I would like to think that will be an advantage for our boys.

We need big games from the likes of Rayner and Bailey. Everyone will be expecting goals from Joey- Charlie and Hippy but if the other two can kick 5 between them that will play a massive part in our chances today.

Our defence was excellent last week. If we can stand up back there today and win contested ball look out Collingwood.

can't wait to see all the Lions fans at the ground today in our colours. Let's get the Lionssssss chant roaring.

Go the mighty Lions/Royboys.

If the boys are not overawed by the occasion, I think we win comfortably. The occasion is the big if though. We are simply a better team but do our boys believe that? If they do, we’ll be celebrating a flag this afternoon.

Impossible to sleep in on a day like today.

Have never felt so good about our prospects. Nothing superhuman needed. Just play your role and take your chances. Do that, and we will outscore them.

Although a superhuman Rayner performance would be enjoyable...

I said previously, I think to a man we have more talent across the board, but what we do know about the Pies is that their level will be consistent throughout, whereas with us, that’s the big unknown. We are prone to drifting in and out of games as we know.

If there was ever a day to put out a 120 minute performance, today’s the day lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back