Preview GRAND FINAL - Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions • Saturday 30 September 2023 • 2:30 PM • Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE LIDS OFF.

We’re goin to win this.

Super proud my boy Dev is playing. I reckon a few good games and he could leapfrog a few to be in our best 15 next year. Hope he and all the boys go well tomorrow.

Watched R8 2002 recently, both sides top shelf, J Brown accidentally knocked out Voss in first 5 minutes, he came back on to get 30 touches lol, HIA what's that? Great game (apart from result..).

The posts from all of you in Melbourne are fantastic, keep 'em coming!!!
Is it on kayo? From memory a close loss at docklands with tarrant pretty good?

We have three on their 7am flight. If that gets cancelled I'll have tickets for sale.
That's why I came down the day before. Went up to Brisbane for the Saints Gabe and got reminded of why I do that after being delayed an hour or so - first thing are rarely cancelled, and rarely related too.

They run on minimal staff so if someone calls in sick they have to shuffle everything.

Given they are owned by Qantas, and they are trying to improve customer relations I'm genuinely shocked they have cancelled on grand final day.

We have three on their 7am flight. If that gets cancelled I'll have tickets for sale.

Dunno how true it is but someone told me once that the reason there’s so many Jetstar cancellations is because they essentially have to cover 2 airlines worth of issues. Basically if there’s any issues with a Qantas flight, they’ll pull the Jetstar crew over to the Qantas one and then there’s no crew for the Jetstar flight so it’s cancelled

Feeling a bit nostalgic tonight. Thinking about all the stuff that’s happened over last 20 years. Remember when a single win was something to behold. Remember when we got Fevola? Was going to be the greatest duo of all time. What about when we thought Staker, Buchanan and who ever else it was were going to keep us in the hunt. Remember we were wrapped that Trent Barrett made his way in the rookie draft and was in a best for a few weeks. Remember when Handley and Rocky were by far our best players. Remember when we were hoping Jackson Paine or Retslaff could be the answer at CHF. What about Cornelious- talented but just a player. Getting Goose McGuire was a good get, Zorko winning every best and fairest. Nothing against these players but that’s where we were at. Clug and Bez turn up and the culture changes- it’s looking promising but we got a long way to go. Tough times being a lions man especially when your mood hinges on how we go. I admit to being overly emotionally invested in this club but couldn’t help it. I can remember many heated discussions with a lot of you - a Ben Keays discussion and another Josh Schache one stands out in particular. Tomorrow we have the chance to make everything worth while, please let it happen, we are back where we should be. Have a great day tomorrow everyone- hopefully back for a big group hug tomorrow arvo- go Lions I bloody love ya. 🦁

Watching the 2002 GF highlights. Jeeze the Pies team was top shelf - goes to show how good we were.
How many players did we have go down that day? From memory, Beau McDonald in the 1st, Pike late in the 1st or early in the 2nd? Aker doing a something that meant he could only kick on his left. I‘m sure there is at least one I am forgetting about. Huge performance from our boys that day.

Just got in on a Jetstar flight from the GC. After all the horror stories I’ve been hearing on them this week I was shitting myself we wouldn’t make it, but credit where it’s due been no problems and pretty much smack bang on time. Bring on tomorrow now!

Buy a lotto ticket....you've been extremely lucky

Notice how they don't play the 2003 GF... would still be giving Collingwood fans nightmares. At the event I went to in 2003, a few pies supports came dressed in gold jackets. By half time they were in the bin.
In honour of Joffa? Theyre probably thankful they chucked them in the bin now….

By the way guys....how on earth are we going to sleep tonight? I for one am dog tired yet know I won't sleep.

..also, they showed the 2003 GF this arvo on Foxfooty......Huddo yelling ..and the Lions go back to back to back!:)

I want that sort of result tomorrow, that way I can enjoy the game.

By the way guys....how on earth are we going to sleep tonight? I for one am dog tired yet know I won't sleep.

..also, they showed the 2003 GF this arvo on Foxfooty......Huddo yelling ..and the Lions go back to back to back!:)

Given our age profile, back to back to back while extremely unlikely…….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never get to sleep well, but I'm feeling calm.

Weird I know.

These boys have tried many things this year and have learnt how to win back momentum and adjust on the fly. How to fight back, and how to balance aggression with slowing down/speeding up the game.

They have many tools and many avenues to explore during a game.

They are fierce competitors, yet know how to play their role and let their teammates take the lead when appropriate.

If they can't win tomorrow, the other team must be magnificent.

If they lose they will learn, and get better.

But fwiw I think they have the maturity to take control, take the lead and win.

Just hope I can manage my emotion and watch the whole game.

Is it on kayo? From memory a close loss at docklands with tarrant pretty good?
Tarrant was very good, & they won by a couple of points or so at Docklands. My hero Darryl White was a bit off his game. My other hero Simon Black was excellent as usual, and Craig McRae kicked 3 or 4 for us. I found the link on one of the Pies boards, I'll try and find the link later (busy right now).

Just got in on a Jetstar flight from the GC. After all the horror stories I’ve been hearing on them this week I was shitting myself we wouldn’t make it, but credit where it’s due been no problems and pretty much smack bang on time. Bring on tomorrow now!
I flew with Jetstar down to Melbourne from Sunshine Coast in June, my flight was delayed 5 hours.

Bonus being at the game tomorrow ? Apart from being at my first Grand Final, not listening to BT and JB on the telecast

I really have to work out how to sync the radio and TV coverage. BT is going to be insufferable to watch tomorrow.

Was listening to the Roar Deal grand final podcast at work this evening. Both more pumped and nervous now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back