Multiplat [Prototype]

Remove this Banner Ad

A new Open World game from Publisher Sierra and Developed by Radical Entertainment, looking like being a dark, violent Anti-Hero theme, with some AWESOME powers, IMO will be like a mix of Assassins Creed/GTA/Spiderman/The Darkness/Hitman/Termintator.

I am looking forward to this game so much, looking like being one of the first truely good Superhero type games, and hopefully one of many, and although it has some cliche or ripped off elements in it, namely, New York setting(Spiderman/Many other Open-World games), and Parkour(Assassins Creed), also a few others, if it can blend all the elements well enough it could make it into something incredible.

But unfortunatly as alluded to in this thread it could be edited or even banned in Australia, forcing many to buy overseas:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10880167#post10880167

Set for release in around October this year for the PS3, 360 and PC.

For more info you can read this in depth preview from IGN AU:
http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/844/844099p1.html

Or this update from a few days ago, featuring video of a demo:
http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869747p1.html

Summary of Story.
IGN said:
In Prototype, players take control of Alex Mercer – a dark, genetically mutated shape-shifter with no memory of his past, hell-bent on solving the mystery of his existence as he tears through a densely populated New York City moving with Parkour-style fluidity and consuming anything that gets in his way.

Deceive or Destroy gameplay allows gamers the choice to either blend in with the population and covertly progress through the story, or fully unleash Alex’s powers, and move through New York City like a walking slaughterhouse, taking control of military vehicles, and causing destruction at every turn.

First Trailer:
[YOUTUBE]gQoMELyEYFQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

3 minute Trailer(With Devs. talking):
[YOUTUBE]vnz6Cxxoaek[/YOUTUBE]

9 Minute Gameplay vid:
[YOUTUBE]PhwLI0gGEfI[/YOUTUBE]

Mix of Trailer and Gameplay:
[YOUTUBE]QB8uy_Bg8gw&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

A new Open World game from Publisher Sierra and Developed by Radical Entertainment, looking like being a dark, violent Anti-Hero theme, with some AWESOME powers, IMO will be like a mix of Assassins Creed/GTA/Spiderman/The Darkness/Hitman/Termintator.

Not a good sign :(

Yeah. The game does look promising but when I saw it I immediately though of Assassin's Creed. Hopefully I'm wrong though. I'll definitely give it a shot though...perhaps with the gift voucher I get when I return Assassin's Creed :p but I'll probably have used that before then.

Scattered amounts of info in this MASSIVE article, includes a cool representation of what happens when the virus cuts loose and when it is normal.

PROTOTYPE:
http://www.play-mag.co.uk/features/the_big_story/prototype/prototype.html

Also mentions some of the cinematic influences for the game:
The Prestige
Don’t worry, Prototype doesn’t feature any top hats, or rabbits, but Christopher Nolan’s magic-themed mind-bender influenced how the game’s narrative unfolded. Radical wanted to replicate The Prestige’s ambiguity and unpredictability, and it’s tried to do this by telling Prototype’s story via a series of collectable memory fragments.

Taxi Driver
Prototype’s New York isn’t an exact replica of the real thing, Radical simply wanted to re-create the atmosphere and feel of New York. In order to do this, the developer looked at the numerous cinematic representations of the Big Apple and decided that Scorsese’s seminal Seventies film Taxi Driver, struck the same tone it wanted for Prototype.

Silence Of The Lambs
Loveable psychopath Hannibal ‘The Cannibal’ Lecter, was one of the main character influences for Alex Mercer. It’s easy to see why – both literally ‘consume’ humans, both are ruthless and downright brutal, yet both are likeable and incredibly cool. But, judging by his attire, we doubt Mercer likes Chianti, he’s probably more of a White Lightning man…

Stephen King
Radical cited Stephen King’s brand of horror as a big influence on Prototype’s style and action. Films like IT, The Stand, Carrie and The Shining all have that creeping, sinister veneer to them, which Prototype is aiming for. We just hope the game doesn’t feature any bees, or Macaulay Culkin… or Kathy Bates.

I'm pumped for this, looks amazing.

Unfortunately, it will be censored in Aus (Germany also I believe).

Here's hoping it's region free, if not, UK online, hear we come :thumbsu:

In it's latest trailer Prototype gets a release window(US? Summer, so Winter in Aus), and shows off a bunch of new super powers.

[YOUTUBE]nIQV_YK4ulk[/YOUTUBE]

yeh this game looks pretty awesome....was watching a few gameplay footage vids yesterday and def liked wat i saw....

i wonder out of this and infamous which one will be better!?

regardless they both look freakon sweet

yeh this game looks pretty awesome....was watching a few gameplay footage vids yesterday and def liked wat i saw....

i wonder out of this and infamous which one will be better!?

regardless they both look freakon sweet
IMO inFAMOUS looks a bit better, I was way hyped for Prototype, but when I saw some of the gameplay vids it looked a little too much like the typical movie-spinoff superhero game, whereas inFAMOUS has it's own unique style.

I am liking the look of the newer vids of Prototype and it has certainly stepped up from what it was, but my hopes have faded slightly, the thing that will redeem it will be the freedom allowed in superpowers, that could propel it over inFAMOUS as they will only have the one type of superpower in that game.

IMO inFAMOUS looks a bit better, I was way hyped for Prototype, but when I saw some of the gameplay vids it looked a little too much like the typical movie-spinoff superhero game, whereas inFAMOUS has it's own unique style.

I am liking the look of the newer vids of Prototype and it has certainly stepped up from what it was, but my hopes have faded slightly, the thing that will redeem it will be the freedom allowed in superpowers, that could propel it over inFAMOUS as they will only have the one type of superpower in that game.

that post almost exactly mirrors my opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'10 Reasons you must have Prototype' trailer released.

[PROTOTYPE] Top 10 Reasons Trailer:
[YOUTUBE]Hr1WOZw8HoA[/YOUTUBE]

Looks better than my expectations(Can see alot of it becoming repetitive though), although the graphics are horrendous!

Not sure if it will be a decent game but graphically there is a hell of a alot going on.

It looks a bit like Crackdown but very much superior graphically. I still get Crackdown out and give it a spin. Awesome fun.
For an open-world game it really isn't great, regardless of what is going on.

And to compare it once again to inFAMOUS, in comparison they are really worlds apart.

If I could compare it to anything it would probably be Saints Row 2, just has a real blandness to it, the biggest issue for me is actually the main draw point of the game, the gore, just looks really, really crap, basically puffs of blood(Like smoke), not actually nice juicy splatters, bit of a disappointing when that is really the 'big' thing in the game.

This game reminds me of Saints Row 2 and Crackdown because both those games were alot of fun, without having a huge focus on graphics.

If the game is fun, I really don't care what the graphics look like, that's the way I feel about Crackdown and Saints row 2.

I'd rather play a game with mediocre graphics and great gameplay than a game which tries too hard to make itseld look good and ends up messing up the gameplay and overall feel of the game, as GTA IV did.

[youtube]CXHl3SjpmyI[/youtube]

Latest trailer, looks like a killer game, just a heap of fun

Will be picking this up for sure

Jeez, the graphics are HORRIBLE, draw distance is poor too.

Gameplay is looking ok, gonna be a pick between Red Faction and Prototype at the moment for me, don't know which to go with, don't think Prototype is getting a demo either so it might be the one that I have already played and know how it plays that gets the nod.

Too many games next month it's stupid, inFAMOUS, Batman, Ghostbusters, Red Faction and Prototype, potentially $500 right there:eek:! Might just have to give Prototype the miss for now just because of bad timing.

Prototype looks like alot of fun, it reminds me alot of Crackdown, except with superpowers and a better storyline.

Not all games this gen need to have 'great' grimdark graphics. If the game is fun, I don't care. Some of the most enjoyable games I've played this gen have had poorer graphics than the norm.

Prototype looks like alot of fun, it reminds me alot of Crackdown, except with superpowers and a better storyline.

Not all games this gen need to have 'great' grimdark graphics. If the game is fun, I don't care. Some of the most enjoyable games I've played this gen have had poorer graphics than the norm.
Never said they did, but it helps, this game looks really bad, the only thing I'm liking is the gore explosions when you consume someone(And I assume most of the other times), but apart from that this game is VERY poor, especially considering the development time(Being delayed 1 year) and how this gen is progressing graphically, BTW 'grimdark'? Uncharted 2 is the personification of non-grimdark amazing graphics, not everything needs to be all shades of grey(Which not even Killzone 2 was).

Never played Crackdown so I can't really comment on that side, but I'd assume it would be somewhat like Saints Row 1/2(As you alluded to in your previous comment)? So it would be a good thing if it could go down that road, the thing I am worrying about with the gameplay is that are you going to be TOO powerful in that it just becomes stupid boring because there isn't any challenge.

All I said was that the graphics are horrible(Which they are), so it would want to play well to really get the attention of most(Graphics do add an immersion factor to a game and can really help you get into everything your doing), I can see it being fun for a bit, but I can also see it being like a game that the makers of Prototype did in Hulk, in which the game is fun, but only for a little while, then it just becomes monotonous.

And after playing the Red Faction demo(Which IMO has the same fun factor as Saints Row 2, if not a tiny bit more) it will be a close tussle between this and Red Faction, would REALLY like a demo.

I don't like the look of Prototype or inFamous to be honest. I really don't know why it doesn't appeal to me....perhaps it's the absence of multiplayer modes?

Is Red Faction that 3rd person shooter game with destructible environments from the developers of SR2? I think I saw some gameplay of that on gametrailers, and it looks sweet. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back