Multiplat [Prototype]

Remove this Banner Ad

Got this game on Monday and after playing it, inFAMOUS is the clear winner.

This game is crap! Seriously, the missions are terrible and the controls feel clunky.

MILD SPOILER ALERT:

The second mission I did or whatever, I had to blow up G-Man in a tank, then he ran out of a tank and THEN it blew up. After that he ran away into a helicopter. You can't run up to the helicopter because it flies away and you can't blow up the helicopter because G-Man would die so how do you finish the mission?

Btw, the checkpoints suck.

END SPOILER!

Also, that destructiod comparison was terrible.

Mercer isn't a pussy?

In that mission, you don't even need to blow up the tank, if you have the right disguise, you can radio all clear for him to come out. I blew up the tank the first time I did it, but then when I lost my saved game :)mad: I blame my brother, he denies), the second time I had the right disguise on and just radioed for him to come out. Was the easiest mission ever.

I think inFAMOUS is the better game, because and is playable at least twice (good and evil). However, Prototype is still awesome. If you don't enjoy picking up cars and throwing them at helicopters or using your edward scissor hands to chop a pack of zombies/civilians/military, then there is something wrong with you.

inFAMOUS is a lot better in my opinion, I know it can be fun chopping up people but the game just felt a bit too easy... the whole disguise thing needed a bit more work I think because whenever I used it I would escape without a problem.

inFAMOUS is a lot better in my opinion, I know it can be fun chopping up people but the game just felt a bit too easy... the whole disguise thing needed a bit more work I think because whenever I used it I would escape without a problem.

Harder later on when the strike teams have robots that can detect you within your disguise.

I think inFAMOUS is the better game, because and is playable at least twice (good and evil). However, Prototype is still awesome. If you don't enjoy picking up cars and throwing them at helicopters or using your edward scissor hands to chop a pack of zombies/civilians/military, then there is something wrong with you.
I agree with that statement, however doing that doesn't really stay fresh for all that long either.

inFAMOUS shits on this game from the greatest of heights (IMO), inFAMOUS just feels so polished when compared to Prototype. In every facet of the game. Be it gameplay, graphics or just the overall missions and mission structure.
Harder later on when the strike teams have robots that can detect you within your disguise.
This is one of the main problems with the game. It goes from insanely easy to stupidly hard at the drop of a hat. And really those 'machines' that can detect you have to be one of the biggest gimmicks in a game yet, so cliche.

It goes from insanely easy to stupidly hard at the drop of a hat. And really those 'machines' that can detect you have to be one of the biggest gimmicks in a game yet, so cliche.

Didn't seem stupidly hard to me?

I play it on and off for a bit of bloodthirstyness but it's really not that great.

What's the point of having a massive open environment if everything looks the same, you move too quickly through it to appreciate anything and there is hardly anything to actually do in the city anyway?

It's not a bad game, I enjoyed flying around hacking\slashing and consuming targets (Best is to grab a chopper with the whipfist jump on and hijack it). Would give a 6 to 7 out of 10, let down by a poor storyline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a bad game, I enjoyed flying around hacking\slashing and consuming targets (Best is to grab a chopper with the whipfist jump on and hijack it). Would give a 6 to 7 out of 10, let down by a poor storyline.

I think I might just wait for the new Halo 3 game coming out.

ODST is only a add on, really should be able to get both for $100
Unlikely. It's going to sell as a full title and is a stand alone title too(In that you don't need Halo 3 to play it).

Unlikely. It's going to sell as a full title and is a stand alone title too(In that you don't need Halo 3 to play it).

They've stated its only a 4 hour long add on. Will not be going at the price of a full game.

I thought Prototype was a pretty awesome game and I gave it an 8/10...I am yet to play inFAMOUS but Im going to start playing it soon.

:thumbsu: YEP
Only got a couple of hours into the first then turned it off for good, just couldn't get into it.
Same...and boy how I wanted it to be. Just got old so fast.

This could improve on the original, but with the layoffs that Radical have had, I doubt this will be anything huge improvement wise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back