Multiplat [Prototype]

Remove this Banner Ad

This is like comparing my faecal matter with your pile of vomit, but I found this quite alarming.

PS3 vs Xbox 360

I also read somewhere that the PC version has the same particle shadow effects as the Xbox 360 (ie. none).

I wonder what's going on here? :confused:
Source: http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/game...-feature-missing-from-360-and-pc-$1304073.htm
Prototype is rendered at 1120 by 640 pixels, with QAA (quincunx anti-aliasing) on the PS3 and 2xMSAA (multisample anti-aliasing) on the Xbox 360. The differences between these two solutions for video game "jaggies" are not terribly distinct, apart from a slight blur to the image with QAA; if sufficiently integrated into the game's art style this won't severely impact visual quality (such as is seen in Killzone 2.)

Of course, resolution and aliasing are not really an issue in the PC version of the game, which depending on your set-up can render up to 2560 by 1600 pixels with 4xMSAA.

...the PS3 does have a one-up on both the Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game. Surprisingly all debris on the ground is individually shadow-mapped in the PS3 game. This provides more depth for ground textures and creates a very impressive image for an open-world game.

You'll find that both the Xbox 360 and PC (even when graphical effects are set to Very High) games look flat in comparison.

Its Alright

Its like a 6 year old designed the main character, and the story, Your completely over-powered and its button mashing on a mouse, half the time your just pressing space bar and shift 100% of the game

Saying that, You can karate kick a helicopter, It's the most bad-ass thing in video game history, slashing people in half, throwing cars, its good fun but way off a "great game"

It get's old really quick. First few hours were heaps of fun, but no matter how fun a game is, if you have to keep doing the same thing over an over again it soon becomes tiresome

this game was made to be rented

I absolutely love it.

A few hours in and it's an absolute blast.

Consuming enemies, cutting them in half, destroying tanks with Ground Spike, throwing cars at helicopters etc. will never get old.

The graphics certainly aren't the greatest I've seen, but that doesn't mean jack to me, because the game is so much fun.

I personally don't think you're over-powered in the early part of the game, perhaps unless playing on Easy.

The Evolution system is good, and with the implementation of that, I don't think it's possible to be too powerful early on.

If ALL powers were immediately unlocked, then I'd agree. But in the format it's in where you unlock powers as you go, then I think it's fine.

The storyline is ok, not great, not terrible.

I like the sidemissions I've done so far, there's a nice variety to them IMO.

Can see myself playing this for sometime. Really liking it

Bought the 1st Devastator this morning.

It seriously took the game up another notch for me.

Having a great time playing this game, just absolute fun

Viney, do you prefer this game over inFAMOUS?

I bought inFAMOUS and Prototype on roughly the same day (or a few days apart) and to be honest, I'm yet to play inFAMOUS.

Over the last few years I've been shocking with playing games for 10 - 30 minutes, then playing something else, then something else and so on.

So I've been trying to play 1 thing at a time recently, which has in fact seen me play 5 games from start to finish, and before I put Prototype in, I actually went back and finished the last 5 chapters of Ninja Gaiden 2.

So, long story short....no idea....haven't played inFAMOUS yet (other than the demo a few times)

Got the game on the weekend, played it until stupid hours last night. (Falling asleep at my desk :)).

Have to say it's a lot of fun roaming around, hacking and slashing. I haven't bothered to learn the combo's though doing the parkour and the gliding is fun. I don't know what the fuss is about the Graphics? They're not draw dropping but the same time they look alright on my 1080p plasma. :confused:

Got the game on the weekend, played it until stupid hours last night. (Falling asleep at my desk :)).

Have to say it's a lot of fun roaming around, hacking and slashing. I haven't bothered to learn the combo's though doing the parkour and the gliding is fun. I don't know what the fuss is about the Graphics? They're not draw dropping but the same time they look alright on my 1080p plasma. :confused:

The graphics are pretty plain, probably something that xbox1 / PS2 could have done.

It really does not bother me though, it does not detract from the gameplaying experience

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The graphics are pretty plain, probably something that xbox1 / PS2 could have done.

It really does not bother me though, it does not detract from the gameplaying experience

Yeah gameplay so far has been good, do you do those side quests? I don't mind the infiltration ones.

Yeah gameplay so far has been good, do you do those side quests? I don't mind the infiltration ones.

Yeah, done a few side quests, the consume / infiltration missions are pretty sweet

I've just been going through the story missions though to Evolve a bit more, then I'll go back to more side missions.

Just finished it, It is a good game, but doesnt offer too many Side stories, it lacked something to make it a great game,

-good upgrading system however you are not made to earn things, playing though the storyline by halfway you have pretty much everything useful.

-Overpowered to hell, i want games to challange me on medium, i died about 10 or so times, that was in some of the last missions

-As i said, lacked solid side missions,

-Alex Mercer is just a dick, when your making a list of the best video game characters, he's not that memorable

-Storyline. Jeez its alright, but they just

While it will probably be up there in the typical best games of the year votes, it would top anything, good allroundish game which i wish they would of put a few more months into it developing good side stories, creating reasons for you to like the main character and Develop a few more unit types you could whiplash standing 20 meters from.

Going to hit INfamous soon to see which is the better

HOLY s**t!!!:eek::D

Source: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...6228-Yahtzees-Prototype-vs-InFamous-Challenge
Yahtzee's Prototype Vs inFAMOUS CHALLENGE
In my recent Prototype Vs. InFamous video you may remember that I found myself unable to honestly call either game the best. Both were stronger in individual areas - Infamous wins on story and side missions while Prototype wins on combat and dick potential - but overall they balance each other out. I wasn't satisfied, though. There has to be a winner, if only to decide which name to read out first when giving out the joint prize. So at the end of that video I suggested an unbiased tie-breaker that could be kept unaffected by actual game quality. Namely, which of the two studios could produce the best image of the rival game's main character wearing women's lingerie.

Well, imagine my surprise when representatives from both Sucker Punch and Radical announced their intention to take this final showdown seriously. So, without further ado, let's set out on this visual odyssey, and never speak of it again.

Here's the entry from the Prototype team. They actually hedged their bets with two submissions, the big fat cheats, but in the interests of fairness we'll only count one. Click here to view the other if it's that important to you, but I felt this was the stronger of the two.

Of course, I use the word 'stronger' guardedly. I wonder if whoever created this went through art school. I wonder if at the time they ever saw themselves using their talents this way. Anyway, Radical felt that the stipulation of 'Cole McGrath in a woman's bra' was open to interpretation, and decided instead to go for 'Cole McGrath after getting drunk and falling into the dumpster behind a burlesque house'.

I'm sure I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing what Cole's pubes looked like, or indeed his potatoey thighs, on one of which he appears to have a birthmark in the shape of Marilyn Monroe's face. Still, I like the fact that he's using his lightning powers to make magical glitter sparkles, and the unicorn is a nice touch, especially the fact that it seems to be mid-way through a confused double-take.

Now, let's take a look at the InFamous team's entry, and... what's this?

Okay. Radical. Sucker Punch. I'm not angry. Just own up. Which one of you copied the other's homework? I find it hard to believe that you'd both independently interpret 'woman's bra' to also incorporate a rainbow and a slightly embarrassed unicorn. Also note that both characters are using their respective superpowers to express their feminine sides, as we can clearly see that Alex has shapeshifted himself some very lovely t***ies and a pair of child-bearing hips.

But then again, these are the same teams who both independently created sandbox games about superpowered assholes, so I guess it's not just GREAT minds that think alike. And just like the games themselves, despite the individual elements they're not that similar. Sucker Punch's image looks like it could be the cover of a romance novel, while Radical's image has more of a 'flyer found in a Vegas telephone booth' feel to it.

THE WINNER!

Oh yeah, that. I'm tempted to declare it a draw again and run another tie-breaker based around, say, which team sends me the most money. But I hate to shilly-shally and I'd really like to get on with my life and attempt to forget about Cole McGrath's hairy midsection.

It's a close call, but I'm going to declare Sucker Punch the winner by one lovingly-rendered pair of breasts. Also their unicorn is a much prouder, mightier steed, and Alex's expression is delightfully coquettish. Therefore InFamous must be the better game. Buy InFamous. Prototype's still good, though. Buy it as well.

Thanks to Radical Entertainment and Sucker Punch Productions for being such good sports. You sick, sick ****s.
THAT IS ONE OF THE COOLEST THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN FROM 2 DEVELOPERS. HUNDREDS OF TLC REP.:thumbsu:

inFAMOUS' winning entry(Use the hyperlink to view it in its massive goodness) -
58351.jpg

Prototype's winning entry -
58349.jpg

Haha, that's awesome.

I watched ZP's review but I never expected them to do actually do it!

HBK, do you ever sleep? :p

I played Prototype last night, a mate bought it.

Not bad but I won't be buying it. Not as polished as inFAMOUS and it did seem a little too easy at times because your powers are a bit over the top and they will only get stronger.

Also the story? I had no idea what was going on half the time.

I played Prototype last night, a mate bought it.

Not bad but I won't be buying it. Not as polished as inFAMOUS and it did seem a little too easy at times because your powers are a bit over the top and they will only get stronger.

Also the story? I had no idea what was going on half the time.
What Story? Go throw cars at helicopters.

Got this game on Monday and after playing it, inFAMOUS is the clear winner.

This game is crap! Seriously, the missions are terrible and the controls feel clunky.

MILD SPOILER ALERT:

The second mission I did or whatever, I had to blow up G-Man in a tank, then he ran out of a tank and THEN it blew up. After that he ran away into a helicopter. You can't run up to the helicopter because it flies away and you can't blow up the helicopter because G-Man would die so how do you finish the mission?

Btw, the checkpoints suck.

END SPOILER!

Also, that destructiod comparison was terrible.

Mercer isn't a pussy?

Finished the game the other night, story line was ok nothing special, had more fun running around killing things. Using the whipfist to steal helicopters was pretty fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back