Rumour Puma

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, I know this has been said numerous times, but Brisbane are now switching to KooGa from Puma, and Sydney and Essendon have switched in recent years, leaving us and Hawthorn as the only two teams left. Also there have been people on the Footy Jumper and Fotoshops board saying they've seen West Coast, Brisbane and Hawthorn jumpers on sale.

I'm not sure whether I'd want to lose Puma. They're caps and shirts haven't been great quality recently, and they were responsible for this. However, there jumper template is excellent especially when compared to say Adidas.

Does anyone know when our contract with Puma ends?

oh and

West-Coast-7.gif

I love the Puma gear we have. Their range is very nice and looks pretty smart, particulalry the polos.

KooGa on the otherhand haven't impressed me at all. The Wallabies merchandise they do is fairly sh*te imo.

No change please.

I would love to see the ocher back now that we are on the bottom of the ladder

Lets get Ken Judge back too!! :thumbsu:

To be honest I would like a change. Nike gear would be good.

The polo shirt I got this year was terrible! Really bad quality. I think it shrunk after the first wash and the colour has already faded.

I love the Puma gear we have. Their range is very nice and looks pretty smart, particulalry the polos.

the polos this year have been quite poor quality apparently.

Like alpha said they dont wash well, and apparently they're too short.

KooGa on the otherhand haven't impressed me at all. The Wallabies merchandise they do is fairly sh*te imo.

No change please.

if we switched it almost certainly wouldn't be to KooGa

the polos this year have been quite poor quality apparently.

Like alpha said they dont wash well, and apparently they're too short.

If you mean this one then true -

p_Media-Polo-2010.jpg

I always found these ones, and previous versions, great though -

P_2010%20PUMA%20Member%20Polo.jpg

if we switched it almost certainly wouldn't be to KooGa

Who would it be? Not Adidas?

If you mean this one then true -

p_Media-Polo-2010.jpg

Who would it be? Not Adidas?

Yeah these are the ones I'm talking about.

I like the look of them, but the cut was shocking!

As onyacoxy said, they were really short, even wearing an XL made my guts show :eek:

I'm sick of Puma stuff. Some of Nike's stuff is terrible but I wouldnt mind getting them. They are the brand of the worlds biggest champions. Why don't they sponsor many clubs? Think only Carlton.

Adidas owns Reebok, pretty much the same company. Adidas hates Puma due to a family feud,you see both were brothers to hate each other and formed their own companys. Adidas only sponsors Collingwood because of the 3 stripes and its against their rivals Nike who sponsors Carlton, so I doubt Puma will ever let Adidas or Reebok take over. I think its safe to say that Puma will still sponsor you guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Puma has been with the Eagles since the club's inception, and they have been with Hawthorn for 30 plus years. Two of the strongest relationships in the AFL. I can't see either club leaving Puma.

Although I was surprised to see Sydney switch.

I still think Puma make the best looking guernsey in the league.

Puma has been with the Eagles since the club's inception, and they have been with Hawthorn for 30 plus years. Two of the strongest relationships in the AFL. I can't see either club leaving Puma.

Although I was surprised to see Sydney switch.

I still think Puma make the best looking guernsey in the league.

As far as the Hawthorn jumper goes , it doesn't matter how long or hard you polish a turd..... it still looks like a turd.

Good looking guernsey and Hawthorn is an oxymoron.

Might be true this time. The club are pissed at the way they've been treated by Puma this year. Massively f**ked around, and felt like we got thrown to the back when Richmond came on a year earlier than expected.

Fair enough they probably had to scramble to get Richmond their gear, but supposedly the execs at the club aren't happy with how they've been treated after 30 odd years of being in partnership.

Might be true this time. The club are pissed at the way they've been treated by Puma this year. Massively f**ked around, and felt like we got thrown to the back when Richmond came on a year earlier than expected.

Fair enough they probably had to scramble to get Richmond their gear, but supposedly the execs at the club aren't happy with how they've been treated after 30 odd years of being in partnership.
That would suck but im not a fan of the most of the gear produced by the other competitors tbh.

If it happens hopefully we sign on with Nike or Adidas and not ISC or Coar. ISC stitching and collars are some of the worst I've seen on a professional sporting organisations kit. Absolute mess, Especially Adelaides.

I've not heard about this, what's the story?

If it happens hopefully we sign on with Nike or Adidas and not ISC or Coar. ISC stitching and collars are some of the worst I've seen on a professional sporting organisations kit. Absolute mess, Especially Adelaides.

I've not heard about this, what's the story?

Just that the club were waiting on stock since november last year, and it only arrived in june, with little to no explaination. No communication from Puma, after heaps of attempts, just very unprofessional stuff from a worldwide company.

Not sure if it'll actually amount to anything, but you never know.

I hope Puma don't leave, most the other suppliers suck, except I guess Nike or Adidas, but it'd just be weird for the Eagles to be in anything other than Puma.

Just that the club were waiting on stock since november last year, and it only arrived in june, with little to no explaination. No communication from Puma, after heaps of attempts, just very unprofessional stuff from a worldwide company.

I hope Puma don't leave, most the other suppliers suck, except I guess Nike or Adidas, but it'd just be weird for the Eagles to be in anything other than Puma.

Never heard that, poor form from Puma. Can't be stuffing around one of the largest sporting organisations in Australia. I was a little annoyed that they jumped onboard with Richmond, mainly because I hate Richmond but I also liked that we were the only club that worked with Puma given all of their polos, on and off field gear over the years have been quality. If they do decide to part ways perhaps Nike would be interested given their sponsorship of NN.

New balance or even asics are another two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back