Sim Qooty Version 9.7 released

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to absorb the patches and fix an oops issue that made it crash.

ok for some reason it works if you go to this link : http://www.footypedia.com/qooty/ but not to the short version :/ (so don't go to the short version)

If the link points to 9.7 then you're ok, if it points to 9.5 or 9.6, then the webpage hasn't resolved properly.

QOOTY (Quick Footy) Version 9.7
-------------------------------
29/ 7/10 - Version number updated : VERSION.DAT
29/ 7/10 - Win/Loss display now also writes a forum-friendly file : MENU.BAS
28/ 7/10 - Bug fix: Corrected Goal-x-goal again as recent changes had sent it
all out of kilter : GAME.BAS
27/ 7/10 - Bug fix: Tracenotes were appearing in commentary despite not being
selected : GAME.BAS
26/ 7/10 - Bug fix: Duplicates of 3-ltr abbrevs now ruled out cross-league :
MENU.BAS
26/ 7/10 - Bug fix: Shortened team names was allowing >8 characters : MENU.BAS
24/ 7/10 - Merged three Transfer utilities into one : TRANS1.BAS, TRANS2.BAS,
TRANSFER.BAS, MENU.BAS

Nice Mobbs, my form in my private league has shot down since running 9.7, only 15 touches a game compared to high 20's :(

In all seriousness, good on you for fixing that 5-touches-per-game ruck/ruck rover/rover problem :D

Vista will support it if its the 32-bit Vista, not if its 64-bit. (I dunno what that means its the word from the QBasic geeks)

Windows 7 is the same apparently, but it also comes with the ability to boot in systems other than Windows 7, allowing you to just revert to Win XP or something, if Windows 7 is struggling.

Vista will support it if its the 32-bit Vista, not if its 64-bit. (I dunno what that means its the word from the QBasic geeks)

Windows 7 is the same apparently, but it also comes with the ability to boot in systems other than Windows 7, allowing you to just revert to Win XP or something, if Windows 7 is struggling.

Not entirely true Mobbs, mine crashed on 32-bit and I haven't had the time to investigate why..

Yep correct, there's still issues with the 32-bit one too, if I ever had a computer that lasted for longer than a week before it melted, I might actually be able to investigate it further!

Stop buying Dell's then!

I propose we start MobbenfuherAID. Get Mobbs a better computer.:thumbsu:

I played these last weekend gone. These are the stats for the players who finished in onballer positions. Green means they were there at the start, and at the end, of their matches. Red means that player did not start as an onballer, they moved there later. Underneath each is the list of the onballers at start of match.

Code:
[COLOR="Teal"]Scott[/COLOR]       10 6  0  6  4  1  2  0  0  [COLOR="teal"]Rendell[/COLOR]      8  6  0  10 1  1  0  0  1  
[COLOR="teal"]G Osborne[/COLOR]   0  16 0  5  7  0  0  1  1  [COLOR="teal"]Parrish[/COLOR]      0  8  0  10 9  1  0  0  3  
[COLOR="teal"]Bunton[/COLOR]      0  6  0  8  4  3  1  0  0  [COLOR="teal"]Nichols[/COLOR]      0  10 0  7  2  0  0  1  0
Foll Scott G Osborne Bunton
Foll Rendell Parrish Nichols

Code:
[COLOR="teal"]N Brown[/COLOR]     15 10 0  15 4  0  0  0  1  [COLOR="teal"]Crow[/COLOR]         9  11 0  15 6  5  2  0  1  
[COLOR="red"]Jarvis[/COLOR]      0  11 0  14 6  5  0  1  0  [COLOR="Red"]Ironmonger[/COLOR]   0  6  0  2  2  1  0  0  1  
[COLOR="teal"]Murphy[/COLOR]      0  10 0  6  4  3  2  0  1  [COLOR="red"]Hawking[/COLOR]      0  3  0  2  2  0  0  0  1
Foll N Brown Smallhorn Murphy
Foll Crow K Murray Stackpole

Code:
[COLOR="red"]Kelleher[/COLOR]    4  12 5  16 0  1  1  2  0  [COLOR="Teal"]Primus[/COLOR]       12 9  0  14 1  1  0  0  1  
[COLOR="teal"]Dullard[/COLOR]     0  22 0  12 6  5  1  2  2  [COLOR="teal"]M Grace[/COLOR]      0  12 0  10 4  3  1  2  1  
[COLOR="teal"]Gotch[/COLOR]       0  7  0  5  7  2  1  0  0  [COLOR="teal"]J Grace[/COLOR]      0  5  0  14 6  3  0  0  1
Foll Coleman Dullard Gotch
Foll Primus M Grace J Grace

Code:
[COLOR="teal"]Wigraft[/COLOR]     10 6  0  10 3  2  1  1  0  [COLOR="teal"]McGrath[/COLOR]      11 9  0  8  1  0  1  0  0  
[COLOR="teal"]Milne[/COLOR]       0  8  0  11 2  1  1  1  0  [COLOR="Red"]Rapiport[/COLOR]     0  1  1  5  3  0  1  0  0  
[COLOR="teal"]G Wilson[/COLOR]    0  2  0  7  3  4  2  0  0  [COLOR="teal"]Matera[/COLOR]       0  9  0  7  2  2  1  0  1
Foll Wigraft Milne G Wilson
Foll McGrath Lyon Matera

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bonce I was just reading the Rd 3 match threads.

Your version still says 9.5.

You definitely should get 9.7 to resolve this issue.

How do I get the SFA files accross onto the new sim?

1. Make a backup copy of existing Qooty (by this I just mean right-click the Qooty folder & copy, find a new location and paste. (Don't use the copy because it will still point to the original league data. Just keep it handy in case we bugger something up)

Now, go back to the Qooty website, right click and download the version into the Qooty folder. Then dbl-click the zip file and following the Winzip prompts, should be expecting to unzip the files directly into Qooty. Go ahead and do this, overwriting whatever is queried.

THIS REPLACED THE PROGRAM WITH THE NEW VERSION, BUT DOES NOT TOUCH YOUR LEAGUE DATA. Program files like GAME.BAS and MENU.BAS get replaced, also some /DATA files, but your leagues are left untouched, and so are your settings (eg Game Speed, etc).

Its particularly designed (by me) to be installable over top of existing without losing data.

(but make a backup just in case)

1. Make a backup copy of existing Qooty (by this I just mean right-click the Qooty folder & copy, find a new location and paste. (Don't use the copy because it will still point to the original league data. Just keep it handy in case we bugger something up)

Now, go back to the Qooty website, right click and download the version into the Qooty folder. Then dbl-click the zip file and following the Winzip prompts, should be expecting to unzip the files directly into Qooty. Go ahead and do this, overwriting whatever is queried.

THIS REPLACED THE PROGRAM WITH THE NEW VERSION, BUT DOES NOT TOUCH YOUR LEAGUE DATA. Program files like GAME.BAS and MENU.BAS get replaced, also some /DATA files, but your leagues are left untouched, and so are your settings (eg Game Speed, etc).

Its particularly designed (by me) to be installable over top of existing without losing data.

(but make a backup just in case)

I'm not gonna get the RFFL's games out until sometime next year. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back