Feedback Quick questions you couldn't find an answer for...

Remove this Banner Ad

My only option is to watch rather than unwatch. I've never (or certainly not recently) posted in a game day thread, so I shouldn't be subscribed to any (or all) of them.
This one from May?

But you shouldn’t have been rolled over into July threads so it must be coming from somewhere.

Which thread are you receiving alerts for?

How do I turn off the alerts I keep getting for mainboard gameday threads?

View attachment 708982

Said forum is watched without alerts enabled.
Answered another user but this applies.

This is a rollover alert. You watched the original thread, which was rolled over to the new thread. It’s the same topic just advanced to the next stage.

This one from May?

But you shouldn’t have been rolled over into July threads so it must be coming from somewhere.

Which thread are you receiving alerts for?
Ah yes I guess that is somewhat recent, but I've only started getting them I think the last 2 weeks, no more than that. I'm receiving them for seemingly all preview/match day/autopsy threads.

Ah yes I guess that is somewhat recent, but I've only started getting them I think the last 2 weeks, no more than that. I'm receiving them for seemingly all preview/match day/autopsy threads.
What is the text of the alert?

Answered another user but this applies.

This is a rollover alert. You watched the original thread, which was rolled over to the new thread. It’s the same topic just advanced to the next stage.
I didn't watch those threads. The alert says it's a function of watched forums, but those produce no other alerts for me (by design).

I didn't watch those threads. The alert says it's a function of watched forums, but those produce no other alerts for me (by design).
I see. I will check on whether these alerts are somehow getting past that setting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you elected to get alerts for that forum?
Yes. Never received this rollover message until last week though. I suppose it's just a substitute for that notification really. Good call.

Yes. Never received this rollover message until last week though. I suppose it's just a substitute for that notification really. Good call.
Yes the rollover alert wasn't behaving correctly. What it is doing now is, we think, the way it should logically work.

If you're getting alerts for new threads, well the rollover is basically the creation of a new thread continuing on the same subject.

How do I find posts that I've bookmarked?
Yeah this is one of their shittier UI decisions.

Click your user name. Up the top right of the drop down it says “Bookmarks”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back