Prediction R12 Changes vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Assuming no further injuries in the VFL and any standouts...

OUT
Naughton (injured), Richards (injured), Scott (injured)

IN
Lobb, O'Donnell, Poulter

SUB
Bramble, Gallagher or Poulter

Bramble and Gallagher are very lucky to keep their spots, Gallagher has had a poor couple of weeks but had a good last quarter last night. He does need to work on his ball use though as he's way too much of a liability at the moment, a couple of weeks in the VFL wouldn't hurt, he's definitely got a future at AFL level though, while Bramble who had a good first couple of games has fallen off a cliff.

Given our history, I would not be surprised if we pick Bianco up on Wednesday night and then makes his club debut on the Friday.

Last edited:
Big week in the VFL for a number of players:
Buss
Lobb
Clarke
Poulter
Cleary

Could all put their hands up. We do not have like for likes so changes will be interesting but should be based on form.

Obviously JOD may have recovered by then too.

3 obvious outs and the only other one would be Bramble.

Not sure why we would look to drop Gallagher now when he played really well in the last quarter when the extreme pressure was on. This may be the turning point for him so surely we would continue to run with him.

Other possibilities who are either not ready yet or will probably never be truly AFL level players consistently include
Baker
Croft
Khamis
Artie
Mc Neil
really need to be exceptional. One thing is for certain after this week it is going to get really hard for the VFL for a while.

Strangely I am more confident in the way we are rewarding consistent form in the VFL and bringing players along with the injuries this season than seasons gone by, including developing a more consistent game style, so there is no reason not to be competitive again

In: Lobb, JOD, Clarke/Jones/Baker/Poulter (sub)
Out: Naughton, Richards, Scott

Sanders into the 22 to cover some midfield time. We have a 8 day break and with so many injuries, I can't see us dropping a single player. Either Williams or Freijah out of defence to a wing role.

I'm not sure about JOD given the Pies lack of forward talls. We actually needed the height last night.

I’d leave Lobb out. See how we go with a smaller fwd set up.

We lose a heap of fwd pressure with Lobb replacing Naughts. Will be needed against the pies. West and Sonny to remain with minimal mid minutes. They were outstanding in the fwd half last night, even with Wests brain farts. He was still lively and difficult for Swans defenders to manage.

Not sure who replaces Naughty. Possibly a redemption game for Clarke?

If Weightman was playing I think we could run with two talls, since Cody basically functions as a marking forward anyway. But with him still out I think Lobb comes in

I’d leave Lobb out. See how we go with a smaller fwd set up.

We lose a heap of fwd pressure with Lobb replacing Naughts. Will be needed against the pies. West and Sonny to remain with minimal mid minutes. They were outstanding in the fwd half last night, even with Wests brain farts. He was still lively and difficult for Swans defenders to manage.

Not sure who replaces Naughty. Possibly a redemption game for Clarke?
Clarke out injured so not sure he comes in but what do you mean redemption?
I actually think we have handled the lad poorly. Can’t bring a kid in for a half the drop him. Especially with the tigers the following week.
Do you know how many very good afl players have had poor to average debuts.
Kade Simpson 300 games didn’t touch it in any of his first 3 or 4 games. Clarke’s contest were quite good and almost kicked a goal but from a great tackle from Will Day. Also think we are not giving Cliz a better run at it. Freija and gags have been solid but both are making plenty of error which is fine and they are redeeming themselves I just think others deserve the same time to grow.

Clarke out injured so not sure he comes in but what do you mean redemption?
I actually think we have handled the lad poorly. Can’t bring a kid in for a half the drop him. Especially with the tigers the following week.
Do you know how many very good afl players have had poor to average debuts.
Kade Simpson 300 games didn’t touch it in any of his first 3 or 4 games. Clarke’s contest were quite good and almost kicked a goal but from a great tackle from Will Day. Also think we are not giving Cliz a better run at it. Freija and gags have been solid but both are making plenty of error which is fine and they are redeeming themselves I just think others deserve the same time to grow.

Gotta agree with this especially in a game where the whole team was off.

If only we find a way to sneak in the 8.
Would live to see starting line up of English trekoar libba Ed in guts.
Forward line of naughty JUH darc bont Cody and west.

Perhaps we look at Bedendo as third tall? If he plays well on the weekend.

But I think we’ll opt for Lobb to try and stretch Collingwood. Less pressure on Darcy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bramble lucky we have 3 injuries this week and more broadly a bit depleted.

Changes for me
Out - Scott, Naughton, Richards
In - Lobb, O’Donnell, Cleary

Bramble to sub, Sanders more midfield minutes.

Jeez we are missing a lot of our A grade players. Naughton, Richards, Libba, Weightman and Baz are probably 5 of our best 10.
Carlton supporter told me the other day (more like furiously forced his opinion onto me) that they had the worst injury list. Apparently Motlop Fogarty and Saad are bigger outs than these blokes.

Carlton supporter told me the other day (more like furiously forced his opinion onto me) that they had the worst injury list. Apparently Motlop Fogarty and Saad are bigger outs than these blokes.
Never heard of them.
Sounds like a law firm. One that concentrates on tax evasion, property scams and ambulance chasing.

In: Khamis, Poulter, Baker

I think the coaches will stick with a smaller line-up and not be tempted to bring in Lobb or Odonnell. This scenario is made for Khamis who can become a mr fixit down forward or back without throwing out team balance.

B: Duryea Jones Dale
HB: Williams Keath Bramble
C: Gallagher Sanders Macrae
HF: Vanderm'r Bont Harmes
FF: Darcy JUH West
FOL: English Treloar Garcia

INT: Freijah, Poulter, Khamis, Daniel
Sub: Baker

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

My fear of replacing Astro with Lobb is a lack of mobility/tenacity in the ground. I’d be inclined to let Bont have more minutes as CHF/HHF and run him through the middle periodically. Mightn’t be the worst move for his longevity either

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think the coaches will stick with a smaller line-up and not be tempted to bring in Lobb or Odonnell. This scenario is made for Khamis who can become a mr fixit down forward or back without throwing out team balance.

Get that it's your opinion but could not think of a worse 3 ins.

1 role player out 3 worse role players in

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I sort of liked Khamis as an option, especially if they are going to persist with playing him there in the VFL. However he brings about as much forward pressure as Lobb (i.e. not a lot) so we end up with much the same problem.

Clarke could have been the go but it seems he's now injured too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back