Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How cool would it be if we included some of the aboriginal war dances and music in our national teams.
I'm jealous of the connection the Maori culture has with NZ sporting events meanwhile indigenous people don't wanna be called Australian
Like the NRL did with Maori v Indigenous a couple of days ago ?

Did a hike of Wilsons Promontory on the weekend, anyone else done it?
I used to do school camp at the prom it's a beautiful place. We used to hide mars bars underneath kids tents so the wombies would * em at night.

I was the ranger in charge down there for 18 months. Lived at Tidal River. Which hike did you do? I used to love coming out of the mangrove boardwalk on to Sealers Cove.
What a sweet job that would have been! When were you there?

Started at Mt Oberon car park (Telegraph) then went to Little Waterloo for a night. Then on to Refuge Cove for two days and hiked out through Sealers from there. On the rest day we climbed back up to the lookout, some unreal views. That climb from Sealers after the boardwalk goes forever! Was only carrying about 14kgs on the way out so that was good.

How do they get all the equipment and goods into some of the areas they have boardwalked? Some of those areas seem pretty inaccessible.

What a sweet job that would have been! When were you there?

Started at Mt Oberon car park (Telegraph) then went to Little Waterloo for a night. Then on to Refuge Cove for two days and hiked out through Sealers from there. On the rest day we climbed back up to the lookout, some unreal views. That climb from Sealers after the boardwalk goes forever! Was only carrying about 14kgs on the way out so that was good.

How do they get all the equipment and goods into some of the areas they have boardwalked? Some of those areas seem pretty inaccessible.
I was there from November 2011 to August 2013. Moved down there with three week old twins. It was an amazing job, different every day. Over Summer Tidal River has a population of 4000 campers do it becomes the second biggest town in South Gippaland.

And to answer your question, boat and helicopter. All the resupplying of the light station is done by sling loading from a chopper. It’s how all the ‘pods’ full of s**t are removed too.

I was there from November 2011 to August 2013. Moved down there with three week old twins. It was an amazing job, different every day. Over Summer Tidal River has a population of 4000 campers do it becomes the second biggest town in South Gippaland.
Ok, so you were there during the reconstruction after the landslides. It’s crazy how popular it is, even the weekend we hiked little Waterloo was packed as was refuge.

Are you still a ranger? How does someone even get a job as a range?

Ok, so you were there during the reconstruction after the landslides. It’s crazy how popular it is, even the weekend we hiked little Waterloo was packed as was refuge.

Are you still a ranger? How does someone even get a job as a range?
Yep. I was on an 18 month secondment because the regular RIC was working fully on flood recovery projects. It’s not easy to become a Ranger, I lucked my way in. The best way to get in IMO is to study enviro science or land management and over the uni breaks work as a project fire fighter, that way you make a lot of contacts who can let you know when things come up. You’re also a known quantity that way. Lots of people though end up on crew for 7 or 8 years before walking away because they still only gave casual employment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's f’ed. But good for you ha!
after a rollercoaster ride finishes their staff literally sanitize the whole thing for 5-10 mins before letting people on

The amount of cleaning they are doing is insane

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Ill watch the whole season right up until the last quarter of the superbowl

In a sport with over 100 players present on GameDay it still amazes me how one single play can change the course of a game. That completion to a wide open Hill on third and long completely flipped the game on its head. One lapse in coverage was all Mahonmes needed to get himself going.

I have no doubt that if the Niners get off the field there they are superbowl champs.☹

after a rollercoaster ride finishes their staff literally sanitize the whole thing for 5-10 mins before letting people on

The amount of cleaning they are doing is insane

Thats nuts, we were camping on the GC over the weekend finishing on Monday, and planned to go to Dreamworld/Whitewater World on the way home, but decided to give it a miss given the state of things. If i knew they were doing that, I would have gone anyway, given Monday morning wouldn't have much of a crowd there.

Meanwhile, at Dreamworld, if you haven't already, highly recommend the Motorcoaster, I have a debilitating fear of heights, so don't do much by way of roller coasters, but it's a ripper. Both my kids (8 and 4) can go on it too, with the little one in one of the sidecars (110cm cut off i think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back