Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey CourtzMajora how's the damage up there, assuming the water levels are starting to subside that is?

We've been damn lucky in town, it's the rural areas from the Fleurieu northwards including the Hills that copped the brunt of it.

Yeah it's slowly going down, I think it's not meant to rain tomorrow so fingers crossed! :)

This was on the way to work this morning, still flowing like this as of lunch time.

And the park around the corner from me, twas a pretty full on night!

Yeah it's slowly going down, I think it's not meant to rain tomorrow so fingers crossed! :)

This was on the way to work this morning, still flowing like this as of lunch time.

And the park around the corner from me, twas a pretty full on night!

No doubt, this state certainly isn't used to the wet few months we've had. The ground just can't take any more water. We've got more rain forecast from Sunday but nothing like what we've had this week.

No doubt, this state certainly isn't used to the wet few months we've had. The ground just can't take any more water. We've got more rain forecast from Sunday but nothing like what we've had this week.

So sick of the rain!

Yeah looking like 10mm - 20mm Sunday and Monday so hopefully the creeks will have settled a bit.

One of my pet peeves.

People that wear team gear to games involving other teams. There is no chance of a halftime switch.
I really don't care. It's just showing support to your team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope everything is ok Dave!

Got a text from SES this morning at 2AM telling us to evacuate as their is flooding in our town, lucky it didn't hit us but damn it was scary.

Thanks CM, yes she is ok. She has something called Pericarditis. Spent a couple of hours getting checked and then home with a bunch of anti inflammatory meds.

i wouldn't do what ethan did at the parade, but I'm only gonna get pissed at him if he reveals that he was wearing an essendon themed cap.
I wasn't.

left hand drivers are a dying breed, think there are only around 20 countries left - mainly british colonies

was listening to a podcast this morning from america and amongst other things they started saying how dumb we all are for driving left, and how it dosent make any sense.

I started to think about why it is that way?

I was assuming it would be a right hand thing - keeping your sword hand free on the horseback or even on chariots in more violent times... and most right sided people prefer to mount a horse from the left - so it all makes sense for me.

bloke at work reckons in France the aristocracy used the left and foced all the peasants to the right - which there was way more of, then the revolution happened and the toffs wanted to not draw attention to them selves - so went right as well...wonder how much of this would be true?

then in the USA they won the war and wanted to remove all signs of great britain so went right - and produced the first mass produced car - and subsequent cars with right hand drive to be exported aroun the world, slowly forcing everyone right.

sounds legit,

fodzilla you are good with history, is there any truths in here?

I know that you react more quickly to movements or threats from your dominant side, so drive on the left if you're worried about oncoming traffic (or bandits on horses), or on the right if you're worried about rogue pedestrians (or bandits on foot). Preferably on the legal side in whichever country you're in though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back