Random Discussion Thread 138- Irregular Trumpet Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they were Irish. So NZ authorities caught up with them and kicked them out? Good!
Nah poms. They got upset they were called Irish pretty sure.

Tbh I caught up On it while I was sitting on the toilet this morning. So I could be wrong.

I'm probably excruciatingly late to the party on this, but has the forum redesign done away with our hard earned Premiership Cup icons?

That's a bloody outrage, that is.
They are coming back, apparently.

As a proud Englishman/someone I think once said they had some English relatives but I'm not 100% on that what are your thoughts on Brexit, Quinzate?
I have some family over there, although they were born here and moved over fairly young.

Theresa May's Brexit plan is not great, but they don't have a lot of options at this point, especially given a bunch of the cowardly Brexiteers quit when their mythical unicorn option of no free movement but complete access to the single market never appeared.

It's either that, or leave on WTO terms which would be worse and not solve the border issue in Ireland. Or a Norway type model which doesn't solve the free movement of people issue.

I think they should present the two options to the people in another referendum: this is the deal we've been offered- the reality of leaving- or we back down from Brexit and stay in the EU. I find that hard to imagine though.

FKASC Kusal Mendis looks to have a broken his finger or wrist in the warm up game. Looks like Australia B will have a great time this series.

Also why the * would you field your best batsmen at bat pad in a warm up game?

I have some family over there, although they were born here and moved over fairly young.

Theresa May's Brexit plan is not great, but they don't have a lot of options at this point, especially given a bunch of the cowardly Brexiteers quit when their mythical unicorn option of no free movement but complete access to the single market never appeared.

It's either that, or leave on WTO terms which would be worse and not solve the border issue in Ireland. Or a Norway type model which doesn't solve the free movement of people issue.

I think they should present the two options to the people in another referendum: this is the deal we've been offered- the reality of leaving- or we back down from Brexit and stay in the EU. I find that hard to imagine though.
The Brexit situation is incredibly complex, full of intricate details and unknowable outcomes. Bu it can all be summed up very very simply.

The UK is f**ked.

Oh there are still a few Brexiteers who still seem to think they can get everything they want but haven't offered any plans on how to get it beyond "be stronger in negotiations". Then there are the Remainders who basically want a do-over because they failed to convince enough people to take the referedum seriously last time. Then there are the people being advised by the think-tank that employs Tony Abbott, who honestly thinks 'no deal' is a good deal because it works for us even though 1. we have several deals, 2. we're negotiating a free trade deal, 3. we haven't spent the last 40 years of economic development under EU rules and structured our economy accordingly, and 4. we aren't on Europe's doorstep.

The only think I can remember from high school economics is opportunity cost and even I can see that no deal would be a disaster. The uncertainty alone would tank the pound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the problem with simplistic referendum questions and allowing the general public to "vote" on such major decisions without the various options/mechanisms for achieving them being on the table. Governments get voted in to lead. They can get voted in on a platform of course but allowing such a complex issue with no plan on the table to be voted on and then acted on was ridiculous and an abdication of their responsibility. The options should have been agreed by the Government, presented to the people and they should have voted on those clear options (i.e provided informed "consent") but it is probably too late for that now and unlikely to happen.

FKASC Kusal Mendis looks to have a broken his finger or wrist in the warm up game. Looks like Australia B will have a great time this series.

Also why the **** would you field your best batsmen at bat pad in a warm up game?
That’s just absolutely ****ed. Similar to Shaw getting injured before the India-Australia series. I was annoyed to not be able to see him play.

No Mendis or Mathews doesn’t bode well for Muzza

Only one of the batsmen added to the Australian squad managed double figures in today's "bat-off", and it was the one whose mental health issues mean he probably shouldn't be forced into the role of Australian cricket messiah. I don't think Sri Lanka's chances are that bad, even without Mendis.

The other Grappell fave Jason Sangha also failed.

That’s just absolutely ******. Similar to Shaw getting injured before the India-Australia series. I was annoyed to not be able to see him play.

No Mendis or Mathews doesn’t bode well for Muzza

Yeah its *en sad and it not bode for well for Australia after they flog SL this series.

O. I don't think Sri Lanka's chances are that bad, even without Mendis.
SL's bowling suck and they had 4 batsmen are trust worthy away from home. Now they have 2 and one of them is Starc's bunny.

Only one of the batsmen added to the Australian squad managed double figures in today's "bat-off", and it was the one whose mental health issues mean he probably shouldn't be forced into the role of Australian cricket messiah. I don't think Sri Lanka's chances are that bad, even without Mendis.

The other Grappell fave Jason Sangha also failed.
Try as he might, poor Kurtis just looks like too much of a dweebus to be selected

images

Agar our the scorchers for the remainder of the season. Fractured his finger at training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back