Random Discussion Thread 138- Irregular Trumpet Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no love for T20 but could spend 5 days watching tests or all day watching one dayers. T20 just doesn't grab me. It's like 7's rugby for me. Fine to drink to or have in the background but I couldn't care less about a result or remember a day later. When it first came out, I tried to get into the IPL but it didn't stick. But background in the pub, it beats the wrestling.

I have no love for T20 but could spend 5 days watching tests or all day watching one dayers. T20 just doesn't grab me. It's like 7's rugby for me. Fine to drink to or have in the background but I couldn't care less about a result or remember a day later. When it first came out, I tried to get into the IPL but it didn't stick. But background in the pub, it beats the wrestling.

20/20 is like basketball ....... just turn on the TV to watch the last couple of minutes, or overs, for the result. Give me a test match any time.

Its okay to enjoy all 3 forms of cricket. Hating T20 doesn't make you any more or less of a real cricket fan
I find it hard to believe that you have never sat through a T20 game. Do yourself a favour and watch the IPL when its on. The strategy and skill is considerably higher than the Big Bash
It's lucky I don't consider myself any more or less a cricket fan then isn't it?:) I don't hate it, it just doesn't grab me, I understand evryone has different tastes and I'm ok with that.

Happy Australia Day everyone. We are very lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

I hope that next year we celebrate on a different day, though. #changethedate
Yeah time to change it.

Feels right.

When?

Should call it something else too... Maybe that day they finally said sorry?

I dunno...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 March - the legislation is passed that severed our last ties to the UK as a superior authority.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_Act_1986

Granted no one will really understand or remember why it's 3 March, but given 90% of Australians couldn't tell you why it was 26 January until people started arguing to change it, I don't see this as an issue.

Alternatively, Wattle Day on 1 September is an already existing holiday designed to do much the same as Australia Day that we just sort of forgot about.

There’s nothing more Australian than enjoying England getting bopped in the cricket. Glorious.
As if the Poms getting rolled for 77 wasn't enough, the opposing number 8 batsman makes 200, oh Lordy.

Kinda sucks that I have to watch my adopted country * this s**t out of my country of origin in Australian day. I guess I’ll just sit here and drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back