Random Discussion Thread 141- Powered by <redacted>

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

England should change their name to world eleven. They basically have SA, NZ, Ireland and the West Indies being represented here.

Watched a thing on Kayo last night - Gilly and junior rewatching the 1999 semi final and giving their thoughts through the highlights

Such an epic match and so good to relive it through their eyes

Ah * yeah, cricket things are happening yet again, that’s sick mate. What a nice change of pace from every ******* day of my life.

Can’t wait to see some world class blocking, then 90 seconds later they’ll bowl another ball and it’ll probably be blocked again, ******* love sport mate, Aussie, Aussie, Aussie campaigners yeah.

Ah **** yeah, cricket things are happening yet again, that’s sick mate. What a nice change of pace from every ******* day of my life.

Can’t wait to see some world class blocking, then 90 seconds later they’ll bowl another ball and it’ll probably be blocked again, ******* love sport mate, Aussie, Aussie, Aussie campaigners yeah.

I guess between Atlanta, Leeds and the clippers there’s only so much room for heartbreak

I guess between Atlanta, Leeds and the clippers there’s only so much room for heartbreak

Saw the like and thought “that’ll be Ochre”. Sure enough.

Nah hats off to the Cricket World Cup, I’ve been led to believe it’s one of the forms of cricket where someone actually wins so that’s a vast improvement over 90% of the cricket in this thread.

Nah hats off to the Cricket World Cup, I’ve been led to believe it’s one of the forms of cricket where someone actually wins so that’s a vast improvement over 90% of the cricket in this thread.
SaltyVadger35

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean you say that, when drawn soccer matches are far more common than a drawn cricket match

I mean you say that, when drawn soccer matches are far more common than a drawn cricket match

A drawn soccer match is still a result. If we’re talking semantics, a soccer match that ends even is actually a tie not a ‘draw’ as such, and both teams get one point towards the season long tally.

A drawn cricket match is not a result, it is the lack of one.

Two days in to a five day contest, a team can decide they’re not in a position to win so they can just slow things up and hope the weather ruins the other team’s chances and nobody gets anything. That’s not sport.

A drawn soccer match is still a result. If we’re talking semantics, a soccer match that ends even is actually a tie not a ‘draw’ as such, and both teams get one point towards the season long tally.

A drawn cricket match is not a result, it is the lack of one.

Two days in to a five day contest, a team can decide they’re not in a position to win so they can just slow things up and hope the weather ruins the other team’s chances eventually. That’s not sport.
I agree, 'it's just not cricket' as they say. At the same time it's possible for a team (cough, Mourinho) to play 10 behind the ball for the entire game and have it fizzle out into a non contest.

Tied cricket games are possible but are remarkably rare (only been 3 in test history if memory serves).

Both sports can be incredibly tense and rewarding or just plain dull. Luck of the draw I guess.

But I do see why people don't like cricket, it's very much a "love it or hate it" type of sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back