Random Discussion Thread 141- Powered by <redacted>

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit of a novelty having an Australian tennis champion and even more that she isn’t a complete prat
Breath of fresh air.

World #2 shortly as well - genuine champ and I couldn’t be happier for her.

I’m almost annoyed at myself about how not bothered by that loss I am.

Maybe because I fully expected it once the outs came through, maybe because I came to grips with it in the third quarter when it was inevitable, but the siren’s gone and I’m just sitting here like yeah that was bad, but we’ll be fine.

Shouldn’t I be pissed off or something? Is this a post flag thing that anyone else is experiencing? That’s not going to ruin the remainder of my day, and there’s definitely a time where it would have.

Maybe because I fully expected it once the outs came through, maybe because I came to grips with it in the third quarter when it was inevitable, but the siren’s gone and I’m just sitting here like yeah that was bad, but we’ll be fine.

Shouldn’t I be pissed off or something? Is this a post flag thing that anyone else is experiencing? That’s not going to ruin the remainder of my day, and there’s definitely a time where it would have.
I thought I might be like that post flag, but then I almost broke my hand punching my steering wheel while listening to the first ten minutes on the way home.

Maybe if there were more likeable teams on top of the ladder it’d be less frustrating.

We're still top 4 with no serious injuries and still have three months to hit form before finals. Plus we've shown in the past two years we're a better finals side than home and away. Today's s**t and it's not the first s**t performance this year but I still think we can win the flag.

We're still top 4 with no serious injuries and still have three months to hit form before finals. Plus we've shown in the past two years we're a better finals side than home and away. Today's **** and it's not the first **** performance this year but I still think we can win the flag.

I agree (we do have some serious injuries but agree with the rest). I think that’s why I’m not that bothered by today.

The Sydney/Essendon stretch last season was woeful, even if it winds up the same this year it doesn’t rule us out of contention. Just can’t seem to muster the energy to melt about it.

I get more annoyed by people slagging off players with runs on the board and a club with a history of delivering for the occasional failure to deliver.

Couple posters piss me off.

So hard to be optimistic and so easy to throw it away...not going back to back, it’s Geelongs to win, lads don’t deserve a break etc.... some real classy posts.

Morons.

It’s bloody June and we’re ready to launch.

* em

Couple posters piss me off.

So hard to be optimistic and so easy to throw it away...not going back to back, it’s Geelongs to win, lads don’t deserve a break etc.... some real classy posts.

Morons.

It’s bloody June and we’re ready to launch.

**** em

They should bloody walk home after that. Just love some of the BigFooty staples.

“We always let in late goals.”
“We always play spuds into form.”
“Lost at selection.”

Surely the three most common posts on every single board. It’s a miracle anybody ever wins, given how bad the selection is at 18 clubs.

Spoon_Man

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Vikings, USC
Losses aren't stinging that much this year because the games have been over at 3 quarter time. My anger levels peak peak around half time, then subside into frustration, then acceptance..

At least the Aussies aren't going in as favourites in the cricket tonight against India..

Sam Kerr's in action tonight too, so there's that :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Losses aren't stinging that much this year because the games have been over at 3 quarter time.
Yeah, that's definitely a significant factor for me as well. When you lose by a couple of goals, individual moments and individual players are much more easy to be frustrated/angry about. When most of the team shits the bed and you lose by 8 goals the acceptance comes very easily.
I actually smiled when Buddy kicked that last goal after the siren. The loss was already packed away and dealt with. At that moment I was just happy for a champion player who had been written off a lot lately. He kicked our arses today. Good on him.

I've completely stopped checking game threads during games because too many so-called fans just use them to release their inner megaflog. Nothing good comes from hanging around in that environment.
I've lost no passion for the team and I've lost no belief in what we can do. After the bye I'm ride or die.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari

Exactly this. I pretty much just shrugged my shoulders and changed channels.

With GWS, Richmond and Brisbane all losing it meant this game didn't really have much bearing on the rest of the season. Would've been nice to win and go 2nd but we're still 4th thanks to everyone else around us losing as well.

If there's such a thing as an 8 point game, that feels like it was more of a 0 point game.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah i was pretty chilled about it today. Im quite liking the fact that im not as annoyed/pissed off post losses as i was before the start of the season. Less stress is just good all round.

In fact i started watching cooking shows during the last quarter,

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I was pretty pissed off about it, but mostly over it by the end of the game. I much prefer to have those losses earlier in the weekend so I can move onto other stuff.

Whilst the game was frustrating it was much worse inadvertently watching with a few boys cheering on the Swans who revealed themselves to be Freo fans half way through. Mates of family so I had no idea. I did get some joy hearing them say the result of Eagles losing was good for Fremantle as if they're currently pushing for top 4 😂

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
They should bloody walk home after that. Just love some of the BigFooty staples.

“We always let in late goals.”
“We always play spuds into form.”
“Lost at selection.”

Surely the three most common posts on every single board. It’s a miracle anybody ever wins, given how bad the selection is at 18 clubs.
To be fair on the selection point, there's no-one outside the match committee who thought Smith over Ah Chee was the right call, and BF collective was right about that. Dunno if it would've made a difference.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
To be fair on the selection point, there's no-one outside the match committee who thought Smith over Ah Chee was the right call, and BF collective was right about that. Dunno if it would've made a difference.

I was stunned he's the one they brought in. And taking a look over his stats, 10 touches, 4 turnovers and zero tackles wasn't exactly what we needed to replace Yeo. That's too simplistic though as he wasn't swapped into Yeos role.

What is bleedingly obvious is Yeo and Hurn have been our best two over the recent winning streak. Taking the top two out of any team and sending them on the road to a venue of limited success would have huge ramifications.

This thread may turn into a little safe zone to ponder the result away from the +/- and changes threads where I'm sure the melts are at an all time high.

In better news the WCE alluded to my mail that NN is due back, suggesting he's had his last game as ruck coach.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
I’m disappointed by yesterday’s effort, but a number of things calmed me with the result.

I’d rather have Sydney at the SCG as our bogey side than say any of the MCG tenants. Team was without its two best players as well. Was either gonna be a narrow win or a blow out loss in my mind and well, it was the later.

Reload with our genuine best 22 in 11 days time, embarrass Essendon at home and watch the media scavenge to kiss our feet.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
I was stunned he's the one they brought in. And taking a look over his stats, 10 touches, 4 turnovers and zero tackles wasn't exactly what we needed to replace Yeo. That's too simplistic though as he wasn't swapped into Yeos role.

What is bleedingly obvious is Yeo and Hurn have been our best two over the recent winning streak. Taking the top two out of any team and sending them on the road to a venue of limited success would have huge ramifications.

This thread may turn into a little safe zone to ponder the result away from the +/- and changes threads where I'm sure the melts are at an all time high.

In better news the WCE alluded to my mail that NN is due back, suggesting he's had his last game as ruck coach.
I'd tipped Sydney with a lot of confidence even before Yeo was out. Swapping Ah Chee directly for Yeo would've been better than trying to replace him with a combo of Smith and Gaff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back