Random Discussion Thread 141- Powered by <redacted>

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rugby league SOO is the biggest band wagon event in Australian sport. Heaps of people who don’t give a s**t about the game will get around it’s. One of the rare success that NRl has over the AFL atm.

I’ve seen a couple tweets about Perth having a NRL side but it would be the biggest flop. My hunch would be that they would get less attendance than glory.

Would go the same way as the Reds and the Force unless it got massive financial investment like the AFL is throwing at it's expansion sides
Hard to see that happening. Apparently they have pushed back on the second Brissy side as well.

I personally think gofundme (and others like it) should be a little more rigorous in their approval of campaigns is they want to maintain credibility. There's a bunch of crap on there that goes unchallenged.
They get a sizable percentage of what's raised in campaigns so I suspect they would just look the other way but they were getting a lot of backlash on social media about the Folau thing so they probably decided that the negativity wasn't worth it compared to getting a percentage of what would have ended up being a 1+ million dollar donation campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back