Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are often a few of us here at odd hours, or even not so odd hours, on the look out for a bit of a chat.

So why not start a thread to discuss anything and everything without clogging up more worthwhile threads with silly dribble and without limiting the thread to a particular topic.

I'm just in the process of polishing off the last of my carton of "Miller Chill" that I bought last week. Mexican beer recipe with Lime and salt made by Seppos - not bad.

Edit : Realised too late that this might have been better suited to "The Nest" board - Darth or GB can you move it if you feel it necessary.

Was at the cricket today and there was this Indian reporter there doing stories and updates, and even his own camera work.

Found out later it was for ESPN in India and he is apparently a star.

I will look for pics.

I'm not the greatest fan of Mexican beer. Although I have only tried a couple. Coronas of course are absolute tripe.

Just shared part of a keg of Coopers Pale Ale, which always goes down well.

And SaC!, he may just possibly.

I beg to differ on the bolded bit.:cool:

I also reckon that our own walking broomstick (Notte) would give Sharma a run for his money in the Adams apple stakes.

How did you go in your uni placement?

Still a year to go for you though isn't it SAC?

Just randomly, I'm leaving Brissie in Feb and going to Thailand for the 1st time on the 17th of March, then going back to Perisher Blue. Anoyone got any travel tips? I've travelled a bit overseas before so I know what I'm doing, just curious if anyone's been there recently and any ideas where's good to go, apart from the usual spots like Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Phuket, etc...

went to koh samui last year....cheap as chips, but barter your ass off...drink bottled water only, be prepared to wear a pair of shorts only, and that is to everywhere. If your going with a misses, tell her to forget make-up because it will melt. Air-cond is a must. If you are single and dig thai chicks you will have no probs picking up but make sure it is indeed a chick. Their is a pharmacy every 20m which sell our prescriptin drugs over the counter. I got offered steroids without asking. Tempting but i like my goolies to be the size they are. Misses grabbed some valium for the flight back though. Things to do in koh samui i reccomend: ride an elephant, go to the monkey shows, eat at quality restuarants only, do NOT get a tatt for they can be dodgy in artwork, buy lots of fake billabong stuff, purchase bourbon and beer from your local supermarket and street drink like no tomorrow, ask to briefly view their dvd's before buying, get a shitload of massages, hire a scooter and try not to prang it when you go sight-seeing, be prepared to sleep in because no stalls open till about 12pm -but stay open till 2am and be prepared for lots of people approaching you to buy a suit off of them....prepare for multicultures over there and be prepared to fake a language to sound as though you dont understand if your getting hassled to buy one of those suits. Making up your own language is kind of fun because their is a suit shop every 100m and the 'well dressed' guys out the front will do anything to get you inside to measure you up. So instead of the standard no-thanks, say kghbjdnkdfdklnf and they just let ya go and put you in the too hard basket. Oh yeah and their lil airport is a trippy series of bungalow huts. I hope you like sweating

I bought a carton of corona's and 5 lemons for a camping trip down at Hamlin bay - it was almost the best part - very refreshing and not too heavy - bit like Juddy.

Limes:thumbsu:

I have developed a habit of holding my thumb over the end of the bottle and turning it upside down to get the lemon or lime out of the bottleneck.

Releasing the thumb though can be a bit tricky as the pressure release sometimes means a bit of a spray - did it over my shoulder once in a crowded bar in Sydney and sprayed some clown in a suit.

Oops:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I give it 5 minutes until the poster who wishes he was an Eagles fan, bushie, drops in. :thumbsu:

Either that or Big man to tell us how good Matt Priddis is.

I have decided to go and watch a game of soccer tonight at the SFS and it is going to rain. I have never been before and this will likely turn me off for good. Spurs won though.

Oh, and Coronas are only drunk by people who wish to be seen drinking Coronas. By and large.

I give it 5 minutes until the poster who wishes he was an Eagles fan, bushie, drops in. :thumbsu:

Sorry mate, I was 8 hours late.:D:thumbsu:

And I would wish to be covered in honey and pegged to a meat ants nest before I would join the dark side.

It's all about friendly banter in the off season and then the recommencment of hostilities when the first footy is kicked.

Only nancy girls drink Coronas.:thumbsu::)

I'm not the greatest fan of Mexican beer. Although I have only tried a couple. Coronas of course are absolute tripe.

Just shared part of a keg of Coopers Pale Ale, which always goes down well.

And SaC!, he may just possibly.

Mate Pale is is sickening - like a thick soup. You have to eat it with a fork! :thumbsdown:

Corona is crisp, refreshing and the best beer on a hot summer day :thumbsu:

I have decided to go and watch a game of soccer tonight at the SFS and it is going to rain. I have never been before and this will likely turn me off for good. Spurs won though.

Oh, and Coronas are only drunk by people who wish to be seen drinking Coronas. By and large.

Yeah Im heading down to the Hindmarsh Stadium this arvo to see Adelaide United's last home game against Queensland Roar. Queensland have to win to grab back top spot off Central Coast and Adelaide will be desperate to win a game for once so it should be good.

They sell Cougars there too so might crack a couple of tinnies there :thumbsu:

And no I like the taste of Coronas. Very refreshing (with or without lemons or limes) :D

Sorry mate, I was 8 hours late.:D:thumbsu:

And I would wish to be covered in honey and pegged to a meat ants nest before I would join the dark side.

It's all about friendly banter in the off season and then the recommencment of hostilities when the first footy is kicked.

Only nancy girls support Fremantle .:thumbsu::)

Edited for accuracy. :thumbsu:

Yeah Im heading down to the Hindmarsh Stadium this arvo to see a bunch of sissies wearing skirts fall over and scream on the ground when someone brushes their ankle.

They sell my nanas lemonade there too so might crack a couple of tinnies there :thumbsu:

Edited for accuracy.:thumbsu:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back