Apr 3, 2003
Melb.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Orlando
USERS- Friendliness, Number of users, Quality of Players

PRESENTATION- As it says, looks.

CONNECTIVITY- Likelihood of being disconnected during gameplay.

BAD HANDS- Number of bad draws that come up. (10 being no bad draws)

TYPE OF GAMES- freerolls, 1 cent tables, 50 cent s&g, etc.

CUSTOMER SERVICE- Quickness of replies, do they care, etc.

SAFETY/SECURITY- Money, money, money.

OVERALL.

* Note for me a 10/10 is perfect, as in it cant get any better. Please take that into account when doing your marks.

www.bugsysclub.com

USERS- Users on the site are good. There can be a fair bit of chat which can be disabled if you dont like it. Currently (8:10am Japan time - Sunday) there are 3362 players on the site so there are always plenty of tables to play at. Quality is up and down, a fair few idiots and a lot of very good players.

7/10

PRESENTATION- Simple but professional looking. Everything is easy to find and well displayed.

8/10

CONNECTIVITY- I've been disconnected a few times during play, with a few of the free rolls having the entire game cut and abandoned.

6/10

BAD DRAWS- Seems to be the reputation that Bugsys has, call and get lucky. Too many bad draws for my liking. People calling 4 10 offsuit and beating pocket A's too often.

4/10

TYPE OF GAMES- Excellent amount of games and great variety too. Freerolls are run 5 times a day. Sit and Go's start as low as $0.50 and tables have everything from $0.01/0.02 blinds to $20/$40 blinds.

9/10

Customer Service - I've found them to be great. When the freerolls are abandoned everyone who is still in gets a slice of the money. When I was disconnected from a sit and go and lost due to it, Bugsys refunded my money within 2 days of my email.

9/10

MONEY- Ive never deposited money, but Ive never heard of anything dodgy happening.

OVERALL- Good site, good software, good games but bad draws.

7/10

Pokerstars

USERS- Plenty. Currently 66621 players on the site. Never have to wait long to get a game in the S&G's. Tournalments run every hour except between 8pm and midnight (operates on northern hemisphere time so fair enough). Plenty of satellites to qualify for big tourny's like WSOP, Assie Millions etc. (presently trying to qualify for both Scandanavian and Monte Carlo Open's).
Quality is similar to all other sites. Play money and free rolls contain plenty of all-in idiots. Once you start playing for games with an entry fee of $5 and above it gets a lot better (and harder).
Chat can be disabled.

PRESENTATION- Good. Like how you can insert an image for your profile. Also like how it lists what position you are in a tournalment or S&G

CONNECTIVITY- Hasn't happened to me for over 6 months. However they seem to have a server upgrade every 15-20 days or so which puts the site out of action for a few hours. Always happens in the evening which is a pity but as it is morning in the Northern Hemisphere, fair enough.

BAD HANDS- Don't believe in it. Some people just like to blame the software for bad beats when in fact it is just bad luck. As they say, thats poker !

TYPE OF GAMES- freerolls, 1 cent tables, 50 cent, $1-$100 tournalments, $1-$300 s&g's, sattelite tournys, rebuys, omaho, pot limit. Basically every event is catered for. Private tournalments can also be set up.

CUSTOMER SERVICE- Never had an issue.

OVERALL.

8/10

The best site I've played on by far. The only frustrating part is the server upgrades but as they occur basically every 3 weeks or so its something I can live with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back