Game Day Rd 1, 2024, GWS v North Melbourne (Bull 100 v Josh Kelly’s Dog’s 200 milestones) Gameday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have no access to sound or vision, just watching scores. Tried to follow the chat in here but as always it sounds much worse than the scoreboard says it is. Anyone have reasonably objective reflections on Q1 as a whole?
We move ball ok at times. They move ball better. And more often.

Ground ball situations we're no good. They're good.

Their mids quicker than ours.

Debutants well up for it.

We did well to score two goals given where the ball was for most of the quarter.

That's about it

Hate to say it but we’re missing TT in the midfield being defensively accountable, he left LDU free do what he does best

Ok I have no access to sound or vision, just watching scores. Tried to follow the chat in here but as always it sounds much worse than the scoreboard says it is. Anyone have reasonably objective reflections on Q1 as a whole?
You are on the North board 🙄. They were quicker. Delivered it to anyone on four options. We butchered opportunities. But still better than last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lack of pressure in midfield on turnovers is killing our defense. They should be up by 6 goals. Moving the ball reasonably well. Sam Taylor is a freak, smashing Larks.

I can't believe Wardlaw's got a 92% time on ground.

Not sure if I should be encouraged with the confidence we've placed in his body or concerned that he's playing so many minutes.

1710569362923.png

This statline probably tells enough of the story. We're not composed enough (did improve) and keep giving them the ball at half forward where they just start swarming, and then our mids can't/don't pressure enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back