Preview Rd 11 Geelong V GWS Sat 25th May 2024 434 pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont think anyone is saying parfitt should be run out of the club. We are saying hes a depth player who should be signed for 1 year to mentor our young kids but not play many games unless we get injuries. Thats what a non best 22 player is.
so he's missed 1, maybe 2 games.

Miers stiff
You can't be stiff, it's a statistical analysis.

You can say something like he takes riskier kicks than Close or is under more pressure as he plays closer to the mids. That he has had a stronger season (of course he has). But the data is what it is, that Close's kicks this season are the ones retained by our forwards most commonly.

Miers only attended four centre bounces, that’s a pretty small sample size, and all were in the last quarter when the game was cooked.
Are you still sticking with Blicavs as one of our most important midfielders for 2024? Because I would only say he important in the sense that he is a weak link in there. It's good that Miers and Mullin are getting a shot, and hope they are willing to make that sample size bigger. Blicavs had a really good first two games of the season and then a big drop off since. Even his wing play has been a bit disappointing this season. His second ruck work has been strong though.

Worth a go, Miers continues to grow as a player. Let’s see if he has another level as a midfielder.

Allows us to get Mannagh in and one of the defensive midfielders out.
Miers clearance numbers have been good in a number of games, so even as a half forward/wingman he is getting involved around stoppages to good effect. If that then evolves to him having some genuine midfield minutes (like Chappy and SJ used to), I am all for it. He and Stengle are difference makers in red hot form. We need to be getting them around the source, at least a little bit. Something like a 70/30 forward/mid split. Players like Papley or Bolton are good examples of this.

Are you still sticking with Blicavs as one of our most important midfielders for 2024? Because I would only say he important in the sense that he is a weak link in there. It's good that Miers and Mullin are getting a shot, and hope they are willing to make that sample size bigger. Blicavs had a really good first two games of the season and then a big drop off since. Even his wing play has been a bit disappointing this season. His second ruck work has been strong though.
Maybe send Blicavs back to defence. He was always good down there until he moved to a more on ball role. He looks to have slowed down and lost confidence, almost like he is spinning his wheels. I know what that's like. That on ball / part time ruck role places a lot of demands on an aging body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we are all thinking Hawkins will be back for Saturday afternoon, but does anyone find it a little weird there's been zero from the club about him breaking the games record?

When he was playing games #350 & #355, there was already a fair bit of noise, photos etc, but so far this week is crickets - is there a chance he's not playing this week?

Reckon My Boy Miers should be in there. Still, they're qualifying by saying: "Based on how often their team retain possession + minimum 20 kicks." Miers' kicking accuracy is excellent, usually puts the ball right onto the chest of his team mate. Disappointing the team is failing to take advantage.

Close is fantastic. His contribution is really making a huge impact.

Last edited:
You can't be stiff, it's a statistical analysis.

You can say something like he takes riskier kicks than Close or is under more pressure as he plays closer to the mids. That he has had a stronger season (of course he has). But the data is what it is, that Close's kicks this season are the ones retained by our forwards most commonly.
Still: “Miers stiff” 😿

😹 😹 😹

Stiff, because our forwards should have retained Miers’ superlative kicks

One would think it will sell in the cats shop. Still would love to see them be adventurous and add another colour like green.
This one probably made to look good with our white shorts
The addition of green and black would be nice and reflect the colours of the Torres Strait Islander flag.

Reckon My Boy Miers should be in there. Still, they're qualifying by saying: "Based on how often their team retain possession + minimum 20 kicks. Miers' kicking accuracy is excellent, usually puts the ball right onto the chest of his team mate. Disappointing the team is failing to take advantage.

Close is fantastic. His contribution is really making a huge impact.

Except that statistics would say that Miers isn't leading the way for us in terms in inside 50 retention so far this season - think that comes from his last month and it's backed up when you look at something like goal assists

His had 11 goal assists for the season but only 3 in the last 5 weeks, while he has 39 turnovers for the season with 16 across our 3 losses

Maybe the opposition has worked him out once recent times been reading his kicks a bit more lately, meaning easier to intercept or interfere with

No one doubts that when on song he's def one you want with ball in hand, but just hasn't been going all his way over recent times

Except that statistics would say that Miers isn't leading the way for us in terms in inside 50 retention so far this season - think that comes from his last month and it's backed up when you look at something like goal assists

His had 11 goal assists for the season but only 3 in the last 5 weeks, while he has 39 turnovers for the season with 16 across our 3 losses

Maybe the opposition has worked him out once recent times been reading his kicks a bit more lately, meaning easier to intercept or interfere with

No one doubts that when on song he's def one you want with ball in hand, but just hasn't been going all his way over recent times

I think the opposition are putting a lot more work into him. This is a purely subjective view with no data to back it up, but it's seemed he hasn't been afforded the space he was last year, and he's under a lot more pressure with ball in hand this season.

King showed all 4 - and they all looked promising! But get your points…

I have been calling for it for a while as I just think we need something different in there. Holmes and/or Miers I think is a no brainer (at least until Danger returns) IMO - given we have now a good solid set of evidence that our current mix is not working

Below is the clip you're referring to:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back