Game Day Rd 11 Geelong V GWS Sat 25th May 2024 434 pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My NHL team was knocked out of the playoffs so Geelong is now my main focus for the rest of the season again.

Wonder if the boys will be wary of GWS with their recent KP record? I'm expecting a coin flip today. The betting odds are ridiculous - cats clear favourites.

Mack on KROCK

Good time for 9 day break.

Few people stayed in Darwin but most took 3 days off from club.

Players had a good freshen up and gotten into it hard this week with some good solid sessions.

Chatrer flight was required to get in and out. Good community involvement and we liked doing.

Was great experience and very good learning for everyone.

Guthrie injury came on during the week. Sub was maintenance more rthan anything and training had a barely sore achilles so wanted to ber conservative. Not forward looking with timeline. Rohan adductor. Same deal.
Neale - not judged on last week so

Rhys tweaked knee ( medial) last week so minor issue maybe a week or so.

Jed Bews - rolled ankle last 2 weeks ago thinking he'd pull up but its enough to keep him out. So hes dealing with that.

Sitting next to CS - not good timing and got a spray. Not going back there again but had good chats about what it needs to look like when we get things wrong.

Ease of being scored against - needs to be addressed. ITs a team issue - everyone is accountable for that stuff and we've focused on that this week.

Trends in the game - touching on score from turnover. Need to give the forwards better looks and faster looks. Dont give away I50 as easily. Take territory from stoppage and lock it in for repeated efforts.

Player management - players want to play and we spoke to them early in year. In MF we have 10-12 that can be in there
Need to give them exposure. Going into the bye we want to get cohesion but to get there need to try different things. Balancing the individual needs vs the team needs. It also depends on age and experience levels.

Mitch Hardie - cant get a gig - just needs to keep doing what he's doing. Adding layers to his game

Jack Henry pressing contract talks now. List management meetings are busy.

GO Catters
Did Benny Cas asked him the questions he was going to ask from the Cat Attack Podcast?

Do they announce that same time as sub?

I had heard they might start Neale. But wasn’t sure

I'm guessing so - that's when they name the final teams. At the ground they were running through the final team on the big screen & those 4 were named on the bench, and matched the AFL app

So while you can name Close at FF, it doesn't mean he has to start in the goal square but he does have to start on the field

The 4 named on the bench do start on the bench

I'm a big fan but he missed a few is all. Must get a shot next week IMO
I hope Hardie gets a game, but one of the reasons he might not atm is that Clark (a bit of a whipping boy on this board) played VFL last week and was BOG (especially in the first half) after already playing half a game in the AFL. It’s a different level. The match committee would be highly aware of that.

Mack on KROCK

Good time for 9 day break.

Few people stayed in Darwin but most took 3 days off from club.

Players had a good freshen up and gotten into it hard this week with some good solid sessions.

Chatrer flight was required to get in and out. Good community involvement and we liked doing.

Was great experience and very good learning for everyone.

Guthrie injury came on during the week. Sub was maintenance more rthan anything and training had a barely sore achilles so wanted to ber conservative. Not forward looking with timeline. Rohan adductor. Same deal.
Neale - not judged on last week so

Rhys tweaked knee ( medial) last week so minor issue maybe a week or so.

Jed Bews - rolled ankle last 2 weeks ago thinking he'd pull up but its enough to keep him out. So hes dealing with that.

Sitting next to CS - not good timing and got a spray. Not going back there again but had good chats about what it needs to look like when we get things wrong.

Ease of being scored against - needs to be addressed. ITs a team issue - everyone is accountable for that stuff and we've focused on that this week.

Trends in the game - touching on score from turnover. Need to give the forwards better looks and faster looks. Dont give away I50 as easily. Take territory from stoppage and lock it in for repeated efforts.

Player management - players want to play and we spoke to them early in year. In MF we have 10-12 that can be in there
Need to give them exposure. Going into the bye we want to get cohesion but to get there need to try different things. Balancing the individual needs vs the team needs. It also depends on age and experience levels.

Mitch Hardie - cant get a gig - just needs to keep doing what he's doing. Adding layers to his game

Jack Henry pressing contract talks now. List management meetings are busy.

GO Catters
Mack also mentioned that our Midfield is very even, not much between the talent of our best and worst, so it’s hard to find the right balance.

They’re very aware of the deficiencies. Would be great if one of the young midfielders could just catch fire today and elevate that midfield

There's a little bit of the 22 grand final about that banner run through

Hawkins becomes the first Cat to run out in the hoops on 356 occasions, and young Joey Selwood just went through his first banner

Got to love the friendship between those two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Holmes and Miers but based on some of our match committee decisions of late, probably Kolodjashnij and De Koning.
They keep talking about finding the right mix. And balance.

Which we have not had

Blitz and Max (and maybe miers) important I think to that. Expect a lot more of those in the middle today. Fingers crossed it works!

I hope Hardie gets a game, but one of the reasons he might not atm is that Clark (a bit of a whipping boy on this board) played VFL last week and was BOG (especially in the first half) after already playing half a game in the AFL. It’s a different level. The match committee would be highly aware of that.
Hopefully next week against the Tuggers. Still, we need to win today.

With that bench, I’d say our 5 mids rotating will be Blitz, Holmes, Bruin with Clark and Atkins starting in the bench. Conway and Neale in the ruck and Duncan back to defence. My guess is Blitz being run-with on Tom Greene or Coniglio.

Really hope we start off alright, GWS seems to have a fantastic ability to suck all the crowd energy out of our home games.

Hopefully the week(s) off have helped our ins, be interesting to see how Hawk and Duncan respond after some pretty average performances.

Jack Henry effect will be interesting, I pray he’s not playing on Toby Greene!

Big milestone game for Tom Hawkins today. My favourite Tomahawk moment. Round 19, 2012, his long range goal on the siren to snatch victory from Hawthorn, and Dennis Cometti shouting "they've done it again!".
I was at the ground, on the flank when Guerra lined up Chappy and poleaxed him. I was awful glad we won that game. That final goal by the big hawk was sheer mania.

Thinking people will like this

• Mullin warming up with the defenders
  • Dempsey, Duncan, Tuohy & Bowes warming up with the mids

As for Holmes... #MaxInTheGuts 😁

Hardie was BOG last week according to the coaches but Clark also played well. Clark deserves his spot in the AFL team. He doesn't get the ball much but he's as good as most of our midfielders who also don't get much ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back