Autopsy Rd 15 Brave Blues go down by 12

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 388706

Another full-back of the week for the one and only.....

LIAM JONES (Carlton): The reborn defender saved the Blues on several occasions in their brave performance. Ultimately, it wasn't enough but he picked up 19 disposals and 10 one-percenters against the Crows in an impressive display.

Don't forget Kreuze Harks.

MATTHEW KREUZER (Carlton): The in-form Blue had the better of his former teammate Sam Jacobs and collected 14 disposals, eight marks and 42 hit-outs.

TOTW-FOLL-2017rd15.jpg

One thought: Marchbank is shaping up to be a great player, but am I alone in thinking he gives away a quite a few frees at the moment? Is it his style or simple ump bias towards forwards?

Personally, I think it has more to do with size and strength at the moment, when he fills out and develops his body strength a little more I think this will go a long way to solving this issue.

I also think he can get caught out of position a little due to the type of role he is playing in defence as an intercept player, which with experience I think again will limit the amount of times he gets caught out. But he is going to be a really special player if he keeps learning and growing and improving week after week.

It's now at the point where I want Jones in the play whenever it's in our defensive 50 (more than anyone else) as I know it's going to be a spoil or a mark.

Was at a merch tent on Saturday and a guy bought a Liam Jones badge !! :eek: :D:D

I just wish Murph would draw the opposition to himself more before handballing instead of selling teammates straight into trouble sometimes. Like, I mean, I get it that he's not a physical beast like Cripps and can't really do it like you see Patty regularly doing, but it was quite noticeable at times on Saturday. I'd just like to see him take that extra little bit of time to get/create better options.

Other than that (and weak tackling which I've just come to accept as an unfortunate trait), he works his butt off, which might explain some of the skill errors through fatigue. His outside game would no doubt be better if we had the depth to fully release him instead of him pulling such a workload.
That's so much fairer than most of this thread criticism of Murphy has been.

I thought he was good, but not anywhere near his best, and there was a marked intent to tackle when that's not really his thing.

View attachment 388706

Another full-back of the week for the one and only.....

I was listening to the SEN coverage from Scotland of all places.

It was absolutely hilarious.

KB thought it was Rance playing with a Liam Jones mask on - while wearing a Superman cape.

He was actually calling the play as if it really was Rance.

"and here comes Rance - he's on fire today etc etc ........."

Highly amusing!!!

I was listening to the SEN coverage from Scotland of all places.

It was absolutely hilarious.

KB thought it was Rance playing with a Liam Jones mask on - while wearing a Superman cape.

He was actually calling the play as if it really was Rance.

"and here comes Rance - he's on fire today etc etc ........."

Highly amusing!!!
ha ha ha. I was at my little man's Auskick listening.. was thinking the same. was a crack up. every time he did something the commentators were going ballistic.. GOLD. #whowouldhavethought!!

Hey I know this isn't quite the right thread for it, but I couldn't find a GIFs thread on your board. Not sure if it has already been posted, but Liam Jones' amazing spoil here was really something. Had made an error shortly beforehand but made up for it with this:

Hey I know this isn't quite the right thread for it, but I couldn't find a GIFs thread on your board. Not sure if it has already been posted, but Liam Jones' amazing spoil here was really something. Had made an error shortly beforehand but made up for it with this:

Aphrodite can we get this put in the Jones thread so it doesn't get buried?
Thanks drazah, that's awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every thread is the right thread for that!

The Doggies could do with that bloke:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back