News Rd 18 - Milestones and Key Stats - de Goey and Weitering 150 games; Sloane 250

Remove this Banner Ad

SUSPENSIONS

More in the Umpiring, MRP and Tribunal board.

MRP findings this week may change this list.

DatePlayer NameClubStartReturn
Tue Jul 04Lincoln McCarthyBrisbaneR17R18
Wed Jun 14James SicilyHawthornR14R18
Wed Jun 14Rhyan MansellRichmondR14R18

Thursday, July 13STADIUM (NETWORK)ESTLOCAL
Sydney Swans vs. Western Bulldogs SCG (SEVEN)7:20pm 7:20pm
Friday, July 14STADIUM (NETWORK)ESTLOCAL
Melbourne vs. Brisbane LionsMCG (SEVEN)7:50pm7:50pm
Saturday, July 15STADIUM (NETWORK)ESTLOCAL
Collingwood vs. FremantleMCG (FOX)1:45pm1:45pm
Gold Coast SUNS vs. St KildaHeritage Bank Stadium (FOX)2:10pm2:10pm
Carlton vs. Port AdelaideMarvel Stadium (FOX)4:35pm4:35pm
Geelong Cats vs. EssendonGMHBA Stadium (SEVEN)7:25pm7:25pm
Adelaide Crows vs. GWS GIANTSAdelaide Oval (FOX)7:40pm7:10pm
Sunday, July 16STADIUM (NETWORK)ESTLOCAL
North Melbourne vs. HawthornMarvel Stadium (FOX)1:10pm1:10pm
West Coast Eagles vs. RichmondOptus Stadium (FOX)4:40pm2:40pm

MILESTONES AND KEY STATS

PLAYER MILESTONES

• 250 gamesRory Sloane (Adelaide Crows)
  • 200 games – Zach Merrett (Essendon), Lachie Whitfield (GWS GIANTS)
  • 150 gamesSam Day (Gold Coast SUNS), Jordan De Goey (Collingwood), Jayden Short (Richmond), Jacob Weitering (Carlton)
  • 100 gamesOrazio Fantasia (Port Adelaide), Gryan Miers (Geelong Cats)
  • 50 games Nakia Cockatoo (Brisbane Lions), Miles Bergman (Port Adelaide)
KEY STATS
  • Brett Rosebury (AFL Umpire) is set to officiate his 500th game this Saturday as Collingwood play Fremantle at the MCG.
  • John Longmire (Sydney Swans) is set to coach his 300th game for Sydney Swans, making him the 23rd person to get to 500 VFL/AFL games as player and senior coach combined.
  • Tom Hawkins and Mitch Duncan (Geelong Cats) will play their 250th game together as teammates.
  • Marcus Bontempelli and Jack Macrae (Western Bulldogs) will play their 200th game together as teammates.

Who would you take out of the 3 150 gamers?
Short, De Goey, Weitering

Very different 150 games one has amazing heights at his best,One has amazing achievements next to his name and one is rated as a top 3 kpb.

Who would you take out of the 3 150 gamers?
Short, De Goey, Weitering

Very different 150 games one has amazing heights at his best,One has amazing achievements next to his name and one is rated as a top 3 kpb.
Depends what you mean (i.e. whose career to date has been the best, who would you take now or who do you think will have been the best based on what's been and what's to come).

If it's who would I take now - I would choose Weitering for Hawthorn. 2 years younger than de Goey and doesn't carry the same 'off-field' risks. In comparison to Short (and deGoey), Weitering is a key position player - which both suits our needs better and is harder to find (the last thing we need is another rebounding back flanker, even if Short is better than most of who we have already). Think Weitering hovers around the AA squad level for a number of years from here and would be even better with someone like Sicily alongside him.

Depends what you mean (i.e. whose career to date has been the best, who would you take now or who do you think will have been the best based on what's been and what's to come).

If it's who would I take now - I would choose Weitering for Hawthorn. 2 years younger than de Goey and doesn't carry the same 'off-field' risks. In comparison to Short (and deGoey), Weitering is a key position player - which both suits our needs better and is harder to find (the last thing we need is another rebounding back flanker, even if Short is better than most of who we have already). Think Weitering hovers around the AA squad level for a number of years from here and would be even better with someone like Sicily alongside him.
Yes just with all factors who would you want, you have answered this well and I agree I think m, even though de goey is reaching very nice heights he has never put a full season together, Jayden short has the best career to date but I see the other two as better selections. I can see how people would take short as well he has been part of multiple premierships and a best and fairest in a premiership year. De Goey has done neither but is a genuine game winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back