Autopsy Rd. 6 Wrap up Blues defeat Demons.

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I saw of Cachia, he seemed to be involved in a lot of play, but looked pretty scrappy. Like watching Robbo from a few years ago.

To me seemed to be either first game nerves, caught out by the speed of AFL or maybe not just classy enough. Or could have just been involved in a lot of inside/pressure ball and not his fault at all. Not sure.

Not trying to pot the guy in his first game (very proud of the way he made it back onto our list btw). Am I off base here?
I thought maybe he looked a little lost without the ball, though this can probably be expected.

I was however very impressed when he got the ball and had the opportunity to run with it a bit a couple times. He looked confident and focussed and hit a target everytime.

He's probably generally seen as a bull hard type player like Robbo, but the kid does actually have talent going on his junior days. IIRC he was the Vic Metro Vice Captain and before he went overseas for some reason, was touted as a potentially fairly high draft pick.

• Thought Cachia's field kicking was A grade for a first gamer - tick.
  • Warnock is doing ok in the ruck - tick.
  • Defense starting to get that solid look back it had in 2011 - now that Walker is playing back there instead of Yarran and Jamison /JHenderson are getting back to peak form. Jamison looked great running with ball in hand too.
  • Garlett and Betts are in AA form so far this year.
  • Most impressive thing for me was the first quarter swarming style defense Carlton put on Melbourne - allowed for a nearly 40 point jumping of them - massive turnover count our way. Then Malthouse turned it off....
  • Hampson played well in second half - but has yet to get to kicking form he displayed last year.
  • Saints will come out breathing fire - this coming game is an important test of team resolve - Saints and Norfs are must wins if Malthouse is to show that the team has progressed.
That game was third win in a row - beat Saints and that will be first 4 game winning run in ten years I think. Would be more confident if the side showed evidence of killer instinct - I rated the win against Melbourne - given their outs and their form as sub -par. Take the 4 points fanks.

Won 4 in a row in 2009 and twice in 2011 JaB.

So glad Tuohy's chase made it. Play of the day for mine:thumbsu:

Tuohy was confused last year. You could see it on his face.

The guy's a weapon and he's just now starting to understand when to defend and when to attack................and that's without Laidler telling him when and how.

Totally agree, his ball skills under pressure are terrific, and has real confidence in his decision making.

Part of a very good back 6.

The guy's a weapon and he's just now starting to understand when to defend and when to attack................and that's without Laidler telling him when and how.

Essendon Board !!

Agree Harks his game has improved in leaps and bounds this year.

Reckon he had some fitness issues last year too.
This year, he has pretty much improved each game, and the last 3 or 4 have been really good. :thumbsu:

Essendon Board !!

if touhy becomes a weapon we should sakc him before things get out of hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I'll pay that - he has been very good. But I don't think it's set in stone that he will take over Kreuzer's job, mainly due to team balance.

Whilst Warnock is really stamping himself on games, Kreuzer has to be in the best 22 in a role that maximises his talents. I don't think he's a key forward. I don't think Warnock's a key forward either. I don't know if it would be wise to try and turn either of them into one. I guess there's the suggestion of Warnock playing ruck and Kreuzer playing ruck rover/roaming, but I don't know if that's ideal.

Alas... it's a good dilemma to have I suppose!

Totally agree tough situation thou

Essendon Board !!

B

George-Bernard-Shaw-9480925-1-402.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back